Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Paul Pierce: "This generation isnt as hungry or competetive as mine"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Thanks dude, Bizils a very good poster as well in spite of our opinion differences on this one.
    You are a very good poster too! I like debating with knowledgeable posters! Nothing wrong with a healthy discussion about hoops!

Default Re: Paul Pierce: "This generation isnt as hungry or competetive as mine"

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Pierce was the one that started the craze. Bron is far more a competitor than Pierce ever was. Pierce didn't do diddly squat before joining up with KG and Ray. Same with KD.
    Lol what? You can't be this delusional or misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Only reason you won an NBA title is because you played with Garnett and Allen. Before 2007-08 you only won a few playoffs series.

Pierce is a hall of famer, but he's the one who started this trend.
    those Celtics teams were absolutely trash. They were past their prime. Not even close to LeBron and Durant collusions.

Pierce is saying the same shit that crusty old Baby Boomers who are 57 and lived through the greatest economic boom in modern history say about today's 20- and 30-somethings who came straight out of the financial crisis

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    You are a very good poster too! I like debating with knowledgeable posters! Nothing wrong with a healthy discussion about hoops!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinningFam
    Not sure why Magic, Bird, Timmy, Kobe's pic is on there.

Magic won a title as a rookie, Bird beat LA before LA beat Boston, Timmy won one in 1999 which had nothing to do with Dallas the year before and the Lakers didn't even play the Spurs in the playoffs in 1998.

Right idea, but some wrong players included.

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Not sure why Magic, Bird, Timmy, Kobe's pic is on there.

Magic won a title as a rookie, Bird beat LA before LA beat Boston, Timmy won one in 1999 which had nothing to do with Dallas the year before and the Lakers didn't even play the Spurs in the playoffs in 1998.

Right idea, but some wrong players included.
    I don't get the point you're trying to make lol

Quote Originally Posted by CuhGetsBucks
    I don't get the point you're trying to make lol
    Boston wasn't keeping Magic from winning his first title
    LA wasn't keeping Bird
    Dallas wasn't keeping Timmy
    Spurs weren't keeping Kobe. It was only Kobe's 2nd year.

KD's still looking for his first title

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Boston wasn't keeping Magic from winning his first title
    LA wasn't keeping Bird
    Dallas wasn't keeping Timmy
    Spurs weren't keeping Kobe. It was only Kobe's 2nd year.

KD's still looking for his first title
    I think the picture was trying to say if every player joined their rival when times got tough, for every player pictured the team jersey they were wearing belonged to a team that gave a player trouble at least once.

This was the first time the Thunder and Warriors have met in the playoffs during the KD/Curry era so even if the picture had been 100% accurate in the way you were describing I think KD joining the Spurs would be a more proper scenario than the Warriors.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    He's kinda right, and players like Bron and KD do nothing but validate Pierce tbh

And the KD supporters still can't get a whiff of the problem with him leaving.

Study morals, ethics and competition, biatches

If ya can't beat them, join them....kinda works...if you have no shame and you're a weak f*ckwit who relies on others to get your own sh!t done.
    100% he was refering to the Warriors. (They got into the finals with a 3-1 lead and started bytching to ref's , bytching to the Cav's.

The CAv's put their heads down , and bulled right to a ring , with the desire of the Bulls from the 90's.
    Pierce's statement reflected on the league , but the league was unable to be as physical as his era.
    With more big men becoming relative in the league again , I expect some of that physicality to come back.
    Warriors game has come exposed , and I give them 55% chance of winning a ring with their loaded team.
    remember the Lakers, Houston teams loaded with Malone and pippen

Dunking on everybody in the park Gatorade Sax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    100% he was refering to the Warriors. (They got into the finals with a 3-1 lead and started bytching to ref's , bytching to the Cav's.

The CAv's put their heads down , and bulled right to a ring , with the desire of the Bulls from the 90's.
    Pierce's statement reflected on the league , but the league was unable to be as physical as his era.
    With more big men becoming relative in the league again , I expect some of that physicality to come back.
    Warriors game has come exposed , and I give them 55% chance of winning a ring with their loaded team.
    remember the Lakers, Houston teams loaded with Malone and pippen

Yeah..but has any team been as loaded on paper as these W's? You're basically giving the same odds as the bookies for W's vs the field so you're not wrong with your %..just don't think it's an equal comparison.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

pierce rode ray allen and KG in the most lopsided Move in NBA history.. how does the worse team in NBA get KG AND RAY ALLEN CELTICS STARTED THE STACK ERRA

Local High School Star

It would surprise me more if an older player EVER said the next generation was more competitive/tougher than them and their generation.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Pierce is saying the same shit that crusty old Baby Boomers who are 57 and lived through the greatest economic boom in modern history say about today's 20- and 30-somethings who came straight out of the financial crisis
    This.