Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PREDICTION: Kyrie will score at least 60 once this season

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Guys usually go off on somewhat bad teams when they have the green light to just let it go. But championships caliber teams are too good and too balanced for one guy to go off like that. So in that sense, I doubt it. But I wouldn't put it against him getting 50 once or twice.
    His two highest scoring games are on defending champs Spurs w/ 57 and at the time the home court having Blazers of the West with 55 (?)

AND he dropped one of the best playoff scoring performances ever in the finals against a 70+ win team lol.

edit: youre talking about players in general and who they score against? why? read op

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyboy91
    Didnt he drop about 60 on SAS in early 2015?
    He has the ability to drop 60. Id bet against it, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    He actually had the two highest scoring games of the 2015 regular season. First, he put up 55 versus Portland in a game LeBron sat out.

Kyrie Irving Full Highlights 2015-01 vs Blazers - 55 Points, KYRIEdiculous!

^^^That is the Cavs record for most points scored at home in franchise history.

Then, a few weeks later came the 57 point game in San Antonio. That stands as the official franchise record for most points in any game.

https://youtu.be/mXxt8hJbelo

I think, when healthy, he is the most explosive scorer in the league. That's different from "best" scorer, which is more of a consistency thing, imo. But when he gets it going, he is almost completely unstoppable. When you are doing it against defenders like Klay Thompson, Danny Green, Nick Batum, Wes Mathews (pre-injury) and even Kawhi Leonard, that says something.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    His two highest scoring games are on defending champs Spurs w/ 57 and at the time the home court having Blazers of the West with 55 (?)

AND he dropped one of the best playoff scoring performances ever in the finals against a 70+ win team lol.

edit: youre talking about players in general and who they score against? why? read op
    You obviously misunderstood. I said guys on bad teams usually go off because they have the green light. I didn't say they go off AGAINST great teams.

Lebron, KD, and Curry are all better scorers, no doubt.
    You can an argument for Kyrie being the best ISO scorer, but I'd still rather have peak KD/Curry

Local High School Star

Kyrie isn't the best scorer, but I think he's arguably the most complete offensive player since Kobe. Footwork, post game, handle & body control to slither into tight spaces and finish at difficult angles, midrange jumper. Only difference in terms of scoring skill is Kyrie is a better 3 point shooter. Kobe is obviously leagues and leagues better than Kyrie because he's prob. the greatest streak scorer ever, but Kyrie has every skill in the book, and I've never seen something a defense did truly stifle him in the playoffs. Consistency will be key for how I see him. But yeah, he could score 60 points in a game a few times in his career.

You obviously misunderstood. I said guys on bad teams usually go off because they have the green light. I didn't say they go off AGAINST great teams.
    should definitely put 'playing on bad teams' then

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Guys usually go off on somewhat bad teams when they have the green light to just let it go. But championships caliber teams are too good and too balanced for one guy to go off like that. So in that sense, I doubt it. But I wouldn't put it against him getting 50 once or twice.
    Kwahi Leonard would disagree with you after Kyrie torched him for a smooth 57.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Kwahi Leonard would disagree with you after Kyrie torched him for a smooth 57.
    Kawhi doesn't really guard PGs

Wouldn't be shocked to see him drop 60. It'll be interesting to see what he averages this year. He's a career 20ppg scorer, but I think he's better than that.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Wouldn't be shocked to see him drop 60. It'll be interesting to see what he averages this year. He's a career 20ppg scorer, but I think he's better than that.
    I'd say 23 and some change this year. Lebron at 25, but maybe rounding up