Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fans of Tea & Coffee

Been drinking green tea every day of my life since I was like, 3 or so.

Drank the same brand since.

Now, I came across a new one, Royal King Organic Green Tea.

Man. I won't lie. Easily my new favorite.

I've only stuck with green tea. Never had black, oolong, jasmine, etc.

After a long day of work, I come home, drink this shit, and I'm sound asleep. Won't lie, I piss constantly with this tea. I took about 5 pisses lastnight mid-sleep.

I'm not big on coffee unless it's iced. Recommendations would be nice.

   

Default Re: Fans of Tea & Coffee

sounds like you need to change your sheets a lot. :P

but yeah, i used to drink that one a lot until i became allergic to it. no idea what that was about, since i still drink teas and green teas like a fiend.

lately i've been getting in to chai teas, which are spicy, and good with a splash of soymilk or whatever. IIRC cow's milk in tea should be avoided because studies found that it negates some of the health effects, such as via antioxidants.

STASH is a pretty good brand i have a lot. it's probably best for morning and afternoons, when you want a little kick.

I didn't even know green tea extract had caffeine inside of it. I avoided coffee my entire life because of that. And here I am, drinking this shit everyday.

   

i wouldn't worry too much about it.

not to mention, caffeine has some health benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i wouldn't worry too much about it.

not to mention, caffeine has some health benefits.
    I've pissed so much last night my kidneys are in pain. wtf.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I've pissed so much last night my kidneys are in pain. wtf.
    that's just cancer.

do some chemo and you'll be fine.

that's just cancer.

do some chemo and you'll be fine.

we're heading into a future where cancer will be so widespread that this might just be a real expression.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Although I haven't used green tea a lot, I do drink maybe 2-3 cups of coffee now.

Trying to supplement green tea back into my diet though. I remember it helped me so much back in high school when I had insomnia problems in junior year (took a good amount of APs and was studying for the SATs/ACTs, was so stressed over it... years later I can laugh because I realize how pointless these were besides maybe the SATs). I actually didn't touch coffee much in high school. The only night I remember actually having a full coffee from like Dunkin Donuts/Starbucks was the night before my senior paper was due. I remember literally falling asleep in every class that day and the funny thing was no teacher really complained about this because apparently, they knew today the paper was due and most of us pulled allnighters. Heck even our gym teacher excused the seniors from class that day from what I remember lol. A lot of people even left after handing in their paper and the school let it slide.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Although I haven't used green tea a lot, I do drink maybe 2-3 cups of coffee now.

Trying to supplement green tea back into my diet though. I remember it helped me so much back in high school when I had insomnia problems in junior year (took a good amount of APs and was studying for the SATs/ACTs, was so stressed over it... years later I can laugh because I realize how pointless these were besides maybe the SATs). I actually didn't touch coffee much in high school. The only night I remember actually having a full coffee from like Dunkin Donuts/Starbucks was the night before my senior paper was due. I remember literally falling asleep in every class that day and the funny thing was no teacher really complained about this because apparently, they knew today the paper was due and most of us pulled allnighters. Heck even our gym teacher excused the seniors from class that day from what I remember lol. A lot of people even left after handing in their paper and the school let it slide.
    I can't understand how it helps both you & I sleep, when caffeine does the opposite. Unless, however, the one you're using has none.

   

caffeine tends to promote alertness. a little bit of it might be just the right amount to focus you on relaxation and sleep. a little bit more might overstimulate you, leading to insomnia.

dosage, dosage, dosage...

Banned

I didn't even know green tea extract had caffeine inside of it. I avoided coffee my entire life because of that. And here I am, drinking this shit everyday.
    Caffeine is haram. Best find a decaf brand, breh.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Caffeine is haram. Best find a decaf brand, breh.
    filthy infidel.

decaf tea and coffee still has caffeine, and now you've made it less healthy by the very process of such.

Banned

filthy infidel.

decaf tea and coffee still has caffeine, and now you've made it less healthy by the very process of such.
    Caffeine is haram. Tea and coffee with no caffeine is allowable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Caffeine is haram. Tea and coffee with no caffeine is allowable.
    But then there's no way to have tea or coffee without caffeine unless modified, which is haram no?

Banned

But then there's no way to have tea or coffee without caffeine unless modified, which is haram no?
    Ask your imam. I'd say it's best to avoid these drinks until then.

However, there are opposing views:

[QUOTE]Question: I have heard many times that the Quran itself prohibits Muslims from consuming ANY type of intoxicant. If this is the case, then why do people not view caffeine, which is a known intoxicant to not be haram.

Answer: Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

I pray this finds you in the best of health and faith.

What is prohibited is khamr (wine) or anything with its effects of inebriation (taskir).

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said,