Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Which stage of their careers did Bron have worse cast or play in tougher conf than MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

The saddest part is...in two weeks when the season starts...he will still be doing this.
    No 1-9?.. You're maturing.. that's good

And a full page of posts from a half dozen Lebron fans, yet no answers to the OP?... That's all the answer I need Shaun..

Lebron NEVER had a worse cast or played in a tougher conference at any year or stage of their careers.

Default Re: Which stage of their careers did Bron have worse cast or play in tougher conf than MJ

pretty easy to answer where even you can't argue. Year 7, the Bulls were a championship team and Pippen was absolutely at least all star level. lebron was still on cleveland and didn't really have an all star level teammate.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    No 1-9?..you're maturing.. that's good

And a full page of posts from a half dozen Lebron fans, yet no answers to the OP?... That's all the answer I need Shaun..

Lebron NEVER had a worse cast or played in a tougher conference at any year or stage of their careers.
    Yeah...I"ve already explained...unlike these other knuckleheads...I'm not going to feed your insanity and delusions. Besides...every thread you make these days you've already made at least half a dozen times already. Why don't you mature and get some new material?

Oh and no answers? Maybe other people are finally as sick of your looney toon act as much as I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT

pretty easy to answer where even you can't argue. [COLOR="Red"]Year 7[/COLOR], the Bulls were a championship team and Pippen was absolutely at least all star level. lebron was still on cleveland and didn't really have an all star level teammate.
    ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!!!

tell him what he's won Bob!

so 1 year out of 13... I rest my case

Last edited by 3ball; 10-15-2016 at 10:36 PM.

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!!!

tell him what he's won Bob!

so 1 year out of 13... I rest my case

and even then there's an argument for cle > chi's cast.. cle crushes chi at the 4-12 spots.. not close

no there are plenty of other years people believe lebron had a weaker cast than MJ. It's just you have arguments lined up for all of them and I didn't want to deal with that shit right now. 2014 Miami vs I think it would be 97 Bulls or even 13 Miami vs 96 Bulls are easily arguable but ik you have arguments ready to be copy and pasted.

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

Season starts in 10 days

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    3ball,

Your're weird.
    That was good
    ��

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT

2014 Miami vs I think it would be 97 Bulls or even 13 Miami vs 96 Bulls are easily arguable but ik you have arguments ready to be copy and pasted.
    2014 is arguable, but even then, you're grasping for a year here and there, whereas Jordan has the preponderance of years.

Also, for all the talk of Lebron's poor help in 2014 playoffs - Rodman averaged 4/8 for the entire 1997 playoffs, and wasn't even a starter in 1998 playoffs (4/8 in Finals) - he also didn't make any all-defensive teams in 1997 or 98'.. Meanwhile, Pippen averaged 18 ppg on 41% in 1997 and 1998 playoffs.. So Jordan's help in both 1997 and 1998 was equal or worse than 2014 Lebron's.

As for 2013 - that was Lebron's most stacked team as a Heat, since the 2nd best long distance shooter ever (HOF Ray Allen) fit like a glove after being added to the team as the 4th option.

2014 is arguable, but even then, you're grasping for a year here and there, whereas Jordan has the preponderance of years.

Also, for all the talk of Lebron's poor help in 2014 playoffs - Rodman averaged 4/8 for the entire 1997 playoffs, and wasn't even a starter in 1998 playoffs (4/8 in Finals) - he also didn't make any all-defensive teams in 1997 or 98'.. Meanwhile, Pippen averaged 18 ppg on 41% in 1997 and 1998 playoffs.. So Jordan's help in both 1997 and 1998 was equal or worse than 2014 Lebron's.

As for 2013 - that was Lebron's most stacked team as a Heat, since the 2nd best long distance shooter ever (HOF Ray Allen) fit like a glove after being added to the team as the 4th option.
    You gotta love how it's always just about scoring with 3ball here when it comes to Pippen...never mind that Pippen was by far the best perimeter defender in the league in 97 and 98 and had by far the biggest impact vs the Jazz in 97 and Pacers and Jazz in 98 in this regard.

Also, STOP making threads about Lebron...when you admit you haven't watched NBA basketball in 5 years you don't get to have an opinion about players you don't even watching ****ing play.

You gotta love how it's always just about scoring with 3ball here when it comes to Pippen...never mind that Pippen was by far the best perimeter defender in the league in 97 and 98 and had by far the biggest impact vs the Jazz in 97 and Pacers and Jazz in 98 in this regard.

Also, STOP making threads about Lebron...when you admit you haven't watched NBA basketball in 5 years you don't get to have an opinion about players you don't even watching ****ing play.
    3ball's actually argued Wade's 2014 Finals were better than Pippen's '98 Finals based on PPG & FG%

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    3ball's actually argued Wade's 2014 Finals were better than Pippen's '98 Finals based on PPG & FG%
    He goes around spewing his "facts", but when you bring up a fact he doesn't like...like that pippen averaged 20ppg on 46% through the first 4 games before he hurt his back in 98...he just ignores it and continues to act like Pippen didn't get hurt in game 5 and was basically crippled in game 6. I mean...how mentally off do you have to be to make the same threads over and over and over again FOR 2 YEARS!...because that's what he's done. Even more so...how mentally off do you have to be to obsess like this over a BASKETBALL PLAYER...it's almost frightening. I wouldn't be surprised if Mike has a restraining order against this guy.

In general...Jordan stans are so full of their "hero worship" nonsense that they put MJ up on some shrine like he is some god. If you listen to them...he was the best at every single aspect of the game...nobody was ever better at anything, period. Oh also...whenever he felt like it...HE COULD JUST WILL HIS TEAM TO WIN...because he's Michael Jordan.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-16-2016 at 12:06 AM.

never mind that Pippen was by far the best perimeter defender in the league in 97 and 98
    That's preposterous, since Pippen was very SLOW on the perimeter by 1998 and was usually beaten easily by decent ballhandlers - this was common knowledge and obvious to the eye.. His versatile defensive impact was actually more in the PAINT by that point.

His slow feet on the perimeter is why the only point guard that he defended in 1997 or 1998 was the slowest point guard of all time, Mark Jackson, while Jordan guarded Rod Strickland, Gary Payton, and John Stockton - Pippen never guarded ANY of those guys..

and had by far the biggest impact vs the Pacers and Jazz in 98 in this regard.
    Pippen allowed the slowest point guard of all time (Jackson) to average 10/4/6 on 43%, which was close to his 8/4/9 on 42% regular season numbers.. Meanwhile, Jordan expended MORE energy locking down the Pacers' HOF 1st option to 17 ppg on 40%, far below his 20 ppg on 48% averages.. So Jordan's defensive impact was far greater - not even close.

Also, there isn't a single stat, shred of proof or EYETEST to back up your claim of Pippen being the best perimeter defender in 97 and 98', so you must be thinking about 1994 or 1995, when the stats and eyetest DID back up your claim.

and had by far the biggest impact vs. the Jazz in 98 in this regard.
    Pippen played well defensively the first 4 games, while averaging 20 ppg (Jordan 32).

But then he ****ed his back up and DISAPPEARED ON BOTH ENDS for the last 2 games (8 pts, 6 pts), forcing Jordan to produce the greatest carry job and clutch the games ever seen, on BOTH ends.

For all your talk of Pippen being a great defender, his defense didn't prevent Jordan from STILL needing to carry the goat load, including the goat scoring load (by FAR) while leading the team in assists for most playoff runs, and playing the best defense EVER at his positon.
    Last edited by 3ball; 10-16-2016 at 12:32 AM.

This is why I don't even bother responding to you most of the time...what's the point? You can't reason with someone like this. The bulls might as well have been playing 1 on 12 when it comes to everything you say...I mean...nobody else ever did shit on the bulls, but get carried to championships...right?

I mean...nobody else ever did shit on the bulls, but get carried to championships. Right?
    The goat props that Jordan gets is because he had the goat load and performance - no all-time great led their team in scoring for every series of their career, let alone by a margin of 15 ppg like Jordan, or while leading the team in passing, or while playing the best defense ever at their position..

That's the goat load and performance, so he gets the goat props... ... no need to whine about it

The bulls might as well have been playing 1 on 12 when it comes to everything you say...
    For all your talk of Pippen being a great defender, his defense didn't prevent Jordan from STILL needing to carry the goat load, including the goat scoring load (by FAR) while leading the team in assists for most playoff runs, and playing the best defense EVER at his positon.

last response. Why are you overlooking Kukoc who has Ginobli level metrics as a 6th man and is a really useful offensive player. Good case he's their 3rd best player, not Rodman. Yes 13 is lebron's most stacked but team you're comparing them to most likely the greatest team of all time. There are absolutely other years I could go for but I just named 2 more pretty clear ones in most people.