Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Default Re: Surprise Team of the Season

My surprise team picks:
    Lakers, Knicks, Kings, or 76ers

Well aside from the Lakers since 90% of this forum are 15 year olds who get personally offended whenever someone says something good about them, I'm gonna go with the Mavericks.

Seth gonna tap into his brother's genes, Wesley Matthews gonna be the sharpshooter we all know he can be, Harrison Barnes isn't going to be a steaming pile of shit like he was in the finals, Dirk gonna Dirk, and Bogut is gonna play that Chandler role to cover up Dirk's weak defensive skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Well aside from the Lakers since 90% of this forum are 15 year olds who get personally offended whenever someone says something good about them, I'm gonna go with the Mavericks.

Seth gonna tap into his brother's genes, Wesley Matthews gonna be the sharpshooter we all know he can be, Harrison Barnes isn't going to be a steaming pile of shit like he was in the finals, Dirk gonna Dirk, and Bogut is gonna play that Chandler role to cover up Dirk's weak defensive skills.
    Anyone over the age of 15 thinking the Lakers are going to be good this year are straight up retarded.

denver
    orlando
    mavs/okc by not collapsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Well aside from the Lakers since 90% of this forum are 15 year olds who get personally offended whenever someone says something good about them.
    This has little to do with just naming the Lakers. You're allowed to think they will be the surprise team of the day. But comparing them to the Warriors is nuts, since neither of their 15 players come close in terms of quality nor playing style. Saying Randle and Green are alike, just because Randle likes to handle the ball is a complete joke. If only Randle could defend, pass and shoot as well as Green. Don't even get me started on the Russell/Curry and Clarkson/Thompson comparisons.

It'll be Chicago. They will win 50 games this year.

Rondo is playing like he's got something to prove. Wade looks like he's improved his outside shot and Jimmy Butler is at the point in his career where his most dominant years are coming around.

Watching their team play in preseason the ball movement looks great. Only question is outside shooting.

I hope Whiteside leads the Heat to a good record, but at the same time I'm hoping we get a high draft pick and use the salary space to sign an all-star player next season to catch a quick rebuild.

Also, Lakers, Nuggets and Bucks could surprise a lot of people.

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    denver
    orlando
    mavs/okc by not collapsing.
    Who did Mavs lose that would lead to them collapsing? Because they added Barnes and Bogut, so I didn't think they were expected to collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    It'll be Chicago. They will win 50 games this year.

Rondo is playing like he's got something to prove. Wade looks like he's improved his outside shot and Jimmy Butler is at the point in his career where his most dominant years are coming around.

Watching their team play in preseason the ball movement looks great. Only question is outside shooting.

I hope Whiteside leads the Heat to a good record, but at the same time I'm hoping we get a high draft pick and use the salary space to sign an all-star player next season to catch a quick rebuild.

Also, Lakers, Nuggets and Bucks could surprise a lot of people.
    I really see that happening.
    Pat Riley's been pulling hats out of his ass for the past 11-12 years.
    I can really see him lure someone big but it depends on a few factors.

-- Goran Dragic needs to prove he's a borderline All-star (2014 season)
    -- Hassan Dragic needs to be An All star center
    -- Winslow needs to prove he's got potential

If all this happens, this is a team ripe for landing a Superstar/Star player looking to contend.

Probably Blake Griffin/Hayward in Free agency will be the main targets.
    Though Hayward/Dragic/Whiteside could be decent and all

Thing about Pat, he doesn't go for decent, that dude is looking for the homerun, and that's only possible on the trade market in the next few years unless GSW is a complete meltdown and either curry or kd want out.

About your bulls prediction, I've stated more then once that I want to see East Powers rise, and the Bulls have a soft spot in my heart since their gritty post-rose-injury years.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

Go wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    And they won't. They will lose more games this year.
    You're either on some strong medication, or you don't know jack shit about the sport. I don't care how you feel personally about NY - hell, I freakin' hate your garbage franchise.

Not only will the Knicks win more games this season... they're gonna give everyone in the East a good run for their money.

Get over yourself and go back to your LeBron slurping.

NBA rookie of the year

Detroit
    Orlando
    Houston
    Golden State

Former OKC players being underutilized will be the story of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    You're either on some strong medication, or you don't know jack shit about the sport. I don't care how you feel personally about NY - hell, I freakin' hate your garbage franchise.

Not only will the Knicks win more games this season... they're gonna give everyone in the East a good run for their money.

Get over yourself and go back to your LeBron slurping.
    Rose and Noah are worth 15 losses. Get over yourself and your patchwork of a shit team

Okc Wcf

[QUOTE=AirBonner]Rose and Noah are worth 15 losses.

This right here proves you're just plain ignorant. You're gonna tell us all here that Calderon and Lopez gets us 15 more wins than Noah and Rose.

Must've been a pretty hard fall when you were young. Waste of an NBA fan.

no one's said them so i'll say hornets. they lost some pieces but their main guys and coaching staff which is great is still there and they won 48. Most people don't even have them above the Bulls or Knicks but they could be a dark horse for 50

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Orlando's bigs could potentially cause a lot of problems for small ball oriented teams, they should be one of the leaders in rebounding and that usually correlates with winning.

The Wolves are too hyped to be a surprise this year, if anything they will be a top disappointment if they don't live up to the expectations