Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Can you blame KD for leaving OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderKat
    I used to live in OKC, too. It wasn't a terrible place to live. The truth is KD lived in an amazing neighborhood where his mom lived in the main house and he lived in the pool house. This wasn't a night life type of guy. I actually ran into him at a 7 eleven right before I moved. I am sure I still have the pic.. he was a very chill guy.

KD left because he didn't want his legacy to be that of a ringless star. Can't beat them join them type mindset. The ironic part was he choked away a huge series lead. I am not mad he left... everyone makes their own path.
    After all his latest comments on the thought process that led to his decision I don't think "Choked" is the correct term, if you know what I'm saying.

Absolutely.

He let his teammates down, he let the franchise down, and he let the entire city down with his atrocious performance in Games 4-7 against GS after taking a 3-1 series lead.

How does he repay all of these people? By running away with his tail between his legs to join the team that he choked against who has the defending 2x MVP and just won an NBA record 73 games.

You will never see anything like this again in sports. Disgraceful.

Almost every single superstar who has played for only one team has at one point looked around when their teams were not up to par. The players who remained with their teams were fortunate enough to have had been a part of a very successful and winning franchise. Whose to say jordan wouldn't have wanted out if they didn't surround him with the pieces he needed to get over the top?

I would have liked to see him try to get a ring in OKC but can't blame him at all. Its a short window as a superstar and if you don't take action, you are out of your prime chasing rings on contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Absolutely.

He let his teammates down, he let the franchise down, and he let the entire city down with his atrocious performance in Games 4-7 against GS after taking a 3-1 series lead.

How does he repay all of these people? By running away with his tail between his legs to join the team that he choked against who has the defending 2x MVP and just won an NBA record 73 games.

You will never see anything like this again in sports. Disgraceful.
    It's disgusting from a competitive standpoint.

I hope people do not do what they did with Lebron and forget or try to downplay this in the future if they go on to win rings.

This move is the weakest thing you could do as a superstar player. The league would not be what it is today if Larry Bird had just said "f*ck it, they're too good" and joined the Lakers.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I think Kd left because he realized he simply wasn't good enough to lead that team to a title. It's also said that he doesn't like playing with Westbrook, but i can assure you he would've stayed if they won the title.

From a basketball standpoint, it makes perfect sense. The style of this team fits his playing style perfectly.

Then when you look at it from a business and personal aspect, he is setting himself up for life after basketball. There is a lot of opportunity in the Bay right now.

Lastly, have any of you ever been to Northern California? It's pretty damn great here.

I don't blame him for where he left, I blame him for where he landed. You JUST lost a war against them boys. Now you're one of them. Shameful.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

I don't blame him really, not everyone wants to chase Jordan, people just want to live a good life. **** wasting ur prime years in bumfuk bible thumping OKC. Seriously, **** THAT

Dunking on everybody in the park Gatorade Sax's Avatar

From a competitive standpoint it really is totally disgraceful.

But having travelled to the US multiple times, I know I'll keep going back to Cali before I even remotely give Oklahoma a second thought..so there is that.