Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Ty Lue advises Kyrie to "Not give a f*ck" if he wants to have mamba mentality

@ Kyrie channeling Chuckbe. Those ISO's are going to be the Cavs' bane.

Default Re: Ty Lue advises Kyrie to "Not give a f*ck" if he wants to have mamba mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    Borderline 'legend'

It's hilarious to me that you sit on this website and trash Kobe as much as the loser LeBron brigade does, yet you stan a player who is significantly worse than Kobe was and can never even DREAM of becoming the caliber of player that Kobe was.

F[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking cuck.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    @ Kyrie channeling Chuckbe. Those ISO's are going to be the Cavs' bane.
    Uh, they just won a championship with hin as a core member of a Cleveland sports franchise. There has been no "bane" sighting as of yet and the primary goal of all of this has already been accomplished.

Every team in the league uses ISOs. If you don't have guys who can dominate off the dribble in a pinch, you aren't going to win sh!t.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Uh, they just won a championship as a member of a Cleveland sports franchise. There has been no "bane" sighting as of yet and the primary goal of all of this has already been accomplished.

Every team in the league uses ISOs. If you don't have guys who can dominate off the dribble in a pinch, you aren't going to win sh!t.
    True. Curry was this player for the Warriors. After his MCL injury during the playoffs he lost his lateral quickness1 and was unable to gain separation in iso situations.

Steph Curry's excellent lateral quickness BEFORE the MCL injury

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
    kobe's mind fvcked you from beyond the grave

that lasting power!!!
    I always laugh at these type of comments from fans of Kobe.
    If Kobe actually played team ball , he would never have as many points as he has on the all time list.
    He would probably have more dimes , and boards than when he retired.. granted he is a very good player, but the ball hog killer mentality , made the Lacker franchise swim in stardom , with several years without a chip.

Uh, they just won a championship with hin as a core member of a Cleveland sports franchise. There has been no "bane" sighting as of yet and the primary goal of all of this has already been accomplished.

I know that you're a Cavs fan and that you defend literally everything and anything that has to do with the Cavs, but good luck with Irving hogging the ball and ISO'ing every time he gets it.

I know that you're a Cavs fan and that you defend literally everything and anything that has to do with the Cavs, but good luck with Irving hogging the ball and ISO'ing every time he gets it.
    The results defend themselves. He doesn't need my help.

He takes a reasonable number of shots on good efficiency and the team just won a championship largely because he dominated in isolation (among other important things he did during the playoffs).

If a guy can put up 25+ on 48/44/88 splits with an excellent aasist-to-turnover rate during the most important 20+ games in franchise history, I don't care how they were accumulated.

People have gotten so obsessed with the motion offenses that they've begun to underrate a team's ability to run basic P&R sets and isolation. Again, if you don't have those guys, you're in big trouble.

I also find it funny how Steph Curry can pull up off the dribble from 30-feet and get no criticism, but Kyrie takes more than three dribbles and people start having an aneurysm.

He takes a reasonable number of shots on good efficiency and the team just won a championship largely because he dominated in isolation (among other important things he did during the playoffs).

If a guy can put up 25+ on 48/44/88 splits with an excellent aasist-to-turnover rate during the most important 20+ games in franchise history, I don't care how they were accumulated.

People have gotten so obsessed with the motion offenses that they've begun to underrate a team's ability to run basic P&R sets and isolation. Again, if you don't have those guys, you're in big trouble.

I also find it funny how Steph Curry can pull up off the dribble from 30-feet and get no criticism, but Kyrie takes more than three dribbles and people start having an aneurysm.

Beacause Steph is the best Shooter in the world and isnt an iso ball hog?

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
    Beacause Steph is the best Shooter in the world and isnt an iso ball hog?
    ... and Kyrie Irving has the best handle in the world. Also, Kyrie owns Curry's sole. They've gone head-to-head in 8 Finals games in their respective careers and Irving has throughly dominated him.

So, there's that.

Probably because he's a 2x MVP, led his team to a championship, and led a team to 73 wins.

Curry had a shit Finals, TBF, but lets not act like those ISO plays properly stagnant the offense and was one of the problems with the Cavs.

pls no kobe mentality here or GM goatman king james will make sure kyrie gtfo

Probably because he's a 2x MVP, led his team to a championship, and led a team to 73 wins.

Curry had a shit Finals, TBF, but lets not act like those ISO plays properly stagnant the offense and was one of the problems with the Cavs.
    One of the problems, you say? The Cavs' domination of the Warriors in isolation and standard P&R action is the whole reason they won the title, along with incredible team defense and rebounding of course.

Are we going to just ignore the fact that LeBron James himself uses a ton of possessions for isolations, or is it only wrong when Irving does it? Despite his dominating the whole playoffs in isolation / P&R sets?

One of the problems, you say? The Cavs' domination of the Warriors in isolation and standard P&R action is the whole reason they won the title, along with incredible team defense and rebounding of course.

Are we going to just ignore the fact that LeBron James himself uses a ton of possessions for isolations, or is it only wrong when Irving does it? Despite his dominating the whole playoffs in isolation / P&R sets?
    Those ISO's nearly lost them the series as well. The Cavs' defense and rebounding was the #1 reason why the Cavs won this year. Their offense wasn't anything special.

This thread is about Kyrie. If there's one about LeBron and his ISO's, I'll be sure to chime in.

Those ISO's nearly lost them the series as well. The Cavs' defense and rebounding was the #1 reason why the Cavs won this year. Their offense wasn't anything special.

This thread is about Kyrie. If there's one about LeBron and his ISO's, I'll be sure to chime in.
    So, just to be clear...

You think Kyrie Irving's isolating worked against the Cavs in their championship run? I mean, I can dig into the statistics if that is truly the argument, but I would think for anyone actually watching the playoffs, I wouldn't have to get into all that. He was pretty clearly carving up some of the best defenses in the league.

He averaged 30+ points per game on 50+% from the field in the last three games of The Finals. He had the most efficient 40+ point Finals game in NBA history.

You have to score to be able to win, regardless of how good the defense is playing. They were leaning on Irving quite a bit. And, the most important possession in Cavaliers history coming out of a timeout? An Irving isolation that resulted in a three-pointer.

There is video of LeBron pointing for Irving to get the ball in the huddle as they're drawing up that play.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    I always laugh at these type of comments from fans of Kobe.
    If Kobe actually played team ball , he would never have as many points as he has on the all time list.
    He would probably have more dimes , and boards than when he retired.. granted he is a very good player, but the ball hog killer mentality , made the Lacker franchise swim in stardom , with several years without a chip.
    lol. im not sure how to respond to this because you literally said nothing. "if kobe played team ball hed have more rebounds and dimes, but less points" haha ok?

"several years without a chip" lol what??? literally wtf are you saying?