Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Ty Lue advises Kyrie to "Not give a f*ck" if he wants to have mamba mentality

Quote Originally Posted by SwayDizzle
    come on bro, I can admit Duncan is a legend even tho he bored the hell out of me
    Truth. No one got excited to watch him. He's like watching paint dry. Only time he got emotional or entertaining was his bitching and moaning literally over anything the referee called him on. Oh, and thanks for the bronze medal 'best PF ever'

Default Re: Ty Lue advises Kyrie to "Not give a f*ck" if he wants to have mamba mentality

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    So, just to be clear...

You think Kyrie Irving's isolating worked against the Cavs in their championship run? I mean, I can dig into the statistics if that is truly the argument, but I would think for anyone actually watching the playoffs, I wouldn't have to get into all that. He was pretty clearly carving up some of the best defenses in the league.

He averaged 30+ points per game on 50+% from the field in the last three games of The Finals. He had the most efficient 40+ point Finals game in NBA history.

You have to score to be able to win, regardless of how good the defense is playing. They were leaning on Irving quite a bit. And, the most important possession in Cavaliers history coming out of a timeout? An Irving isolation that resulted in a three-pointer.

There is video of LeBron pointing for Irving to get the ball in the huddle as they're drawing up that play.
    I think we're a bit off here. Let me clarify myself. I'm not saying that Kyrie's ISO's are terrible or whatever, but him ISO'ing all the time (or most of the time) would be to the detriment of the team.

wtf is a mamba mentality? Black Mamba? Kobe or the Snake? Kobe watched Kill Bill (and Michael Jordan) to much, his clutch numbers suck and the Black Mamba is an overrated venemous snake, the Taipan completely shits on it..... what you want is a Taipan Mentality. :P

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    I think we're a bit off here. Let me clarify myself. I'm not saying that Kyrie's ISO's are terrible or whatever, but him ISO'ing all the time (or most of the time) would be to the detriment of the team.
    No shit, moron. Are you trying to imply that's what Kobe did his entire career? ISO all or most of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    No shit, moron. Are you trying to imply that's what Kobe did his entire career? ISO all or most of the time?
    I think it's time you changed your rag, c[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]nt.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Kobe truly is overrated. What are his percentages in the clutch? Kobe's mentality is pretend to be Michael Jordan in the clutch. But it's not natural so his success rate is low. The point is that Mamba mentality is really contrived.
    Jordan had waaaaaaay more play-off/finals game winners than Kobe.