Default How much should the Timberwolves improve this season?

They won 29 games last season.

Quick read about the team: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=19810

Default Re: How much should the Timberwolves improve this season?

I really like Thibs.
    Okay, I'm freaking giddy about him.

What he did with guys like Deng, Butler, Rose and Noah just shows what he does with talented players who are willing to work hard.

Butler in particular is a lesson to all NBA Players in what hard work can achieve with the right mindset.

This reminds me of the Blake Griffin drawing Chris Paul Drawing Doc Rivers chain of events in Clipperland.

Getting Wiggins and Towns as ROY allowed us to get a guy like Thibs to come to town, and a Guy like Thibs will be key in attracting a major FA star in 3-4 years where hopefully we'll be one player away from a championship. (Sorry, I feel like Wiggins and KAT are the only -real- foundations so far, Lavine is a question mark to me, talented as he look, and I really prefer Rubio over Kriss Dunn at this point if he can stay healthy and up his shooting. )

But how far can they go? 15 Wins or so more.

Default Re: How much should the Timberwolves improve this season?

Depending on injuries, I think they should be around .500

KAT should keep getting better, and he was already REALLY good last year.
    They've got no clear weakness in their projected starting line-up outside of shooting the 3.

Dunn should feast on bench units. He's got a lot of Wall in him.

They have two guys that could conceivably break into the superstar tier. Wiggins needs to improve his guard skills and/or defensive effort.

KAT.....honestly what does he have to improve? I guess like most NBA players he will improve his conditioning, which will allow him to exert his full skillset for 30+ mpg.

I guess I'll just make a list of all the things that I love about KAT:
    1. Agility for his size
    2. Footwork (crazy good for his age)
    3. Shooting IQ. lots of guys can shoot and shoot bad %'s....KAT knows when to pull the trigger
    4. Confidence in the post

Just a ridiculously well-rounded game for a guy that young. Just has to improve his passing/spacing/IQ stuff that comes with age.

Was Calipari just holding this kid down so the rest of Kentucky could get some shine for the draft?
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 10-19-2016 at 12:55 PM.