Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The best defender at the Point guard position

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Has nothing to do with white or underrated. From like 2006 - 2010 one of the best on ball defenders who was never adequately praised was Kirk Hinrich. Who I loved to watch. Beverely just clearly applies more pressure and visibly frustrates even star players. Rubio can't do that man.
    Another BS post but this seems like someone who just doesn't watch him play. Your right on Kirk too. Rubio applies the same pressure,runs great around screens and take chargers. His on ball defense numbers are great. 2015 he led PG in drapm and this year he was 2nd.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Has nothing to do with white or underrated. From like 2006 - 2010 one of the best on ball defenders who was never adequately praised was Kirk Hinrich. Who I loved to watch. Beverely just clearly applies more pressure and visibly frustrates even star players. Rubio can't do that man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjSVCVgUKE

^

Rubio frustrating Curry in the upset win

Baseless claims from people who only have seen youtube highlights, don't do it to yourself like that

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    If this man isn't in your top 5 your opinion is irrelevant and inaccurate

Jameer Nelson isn't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjSVCVgUKE

^

Rubio frustrating Curry in the upset win

Baseless claims from people who only have seen youtube highlights, don't do it to yourself like that
    Curry plays better defense than Rubio in that entire video. And he's an average defender himself, AT BEST. There is even plays where Rubio gets lost off the ball for back door cuts.

I also don't honestly think Curry is tough to guard, in isolation. That offense spreads teams so thin with their versatility and shooting, only then does he become difficult to defend. Steph by himself isn't particularly explosive going down hill with attacking dribble moves.

As a defender you can almost exclusively expect a dribble combo for a step back with him. So I don't get why defenders don't just sit in his breathing space, and make him beat you off the bounce attacking the basket. 20th year Kobe did it, couldn't even move laterally, and he had Steph in a straight jacket.

It's why individually, guys like Kyrie, Dame, and Westbrook are far more difficult to guard at that position.

Rubio isn't close to Beverely, CP3 or Conley as a defender. Keep trying though.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Avery Bradley?

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Avery Bradley?
    Another good mention, forgot him somehow. Rubio?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Avery Bradley would be considered a sg and not a pg.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Avery Bradley would be considered a sg and not a pg.
    Lol he's a 6'2 PG dude ... The **** are you drinking tonight? Everclear? Hand sanitizer?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Lol he's a 6'2 PG dude ... The **** are you drinking tonight? Everclear? Hand sanitizer?
    So? He has zero skills that a pg needs and has never played that role. He guards opposing sg's not pg's...he's an undersized sg, period. Oh and nice personal attack, coach.

Avery Bradley is better than everyone mentioned.

Dude straight hounds people.

Eric Bledsoe .

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Curry plays better defense than Rubio in that entire video. And he's an average defender himself, AT BEST. There is even plays where Rubio gets lost off the ball for back door cuts.

I also don't honestly think Curry is tough to guard, in isolation. That offense spreads teams so thin with their versatility and shooting, only then does he become difficult to defend. Steph by himself isn't particularly explosive going down hill with attacking dribble moves.

As a defender you can almost exclusively expect a dribble combo for a step back with him. So I don't get why defenders don't just sit in his breathing space, and make him beat you off the bounce attacking the basket. 20th year Kobe did it, couldn't even move laterally, and he had Steph in a straight jacket.

It's why individually, guys like Kyrie, Dame, and Westbrook are far more difficult to guard at that position.

Mindfvcked you into an off topic Steph Curry rant with ease!

I never claimed he was the best, but he is top 5, factual statement!

Marcus Smart. None of the the pg's listed are as versatile. I don't picture any of them shutting down Paul Millsap in the playoffs like he did.

Very good NBA starter

BS Rubio is just has good or better.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    Marcus Smart. None of the the pg's listed are as versatile. I don't picture any of them shutting down Paul Millsap in the playoffs like he did.

Man that was one of the best playoff moment outside of the finals for me.
    The balls on Brad stevens to try that, damn.

Also that atmosphere at the garden, yeah I saw it on TV but it looked freaking electric. Really hope the C's get to the 2nd round this season, would love to see them progress further.