Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good High School Starter Lord P's Avatar

Default Re: Why Does Wiggins Get So Much Hate?

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. What I saw in KD, Kyrie and Lillard was more skills, not a matter of mentality. Wiggins has always stepped it up in big games even in college. I think he just sort of lacks the dynamite skillset of the others. I knew those guys would all be superstars/perennial all stars after their first season. Wiggins? I'm sort o projecting him to make 2-3 all star teams.
    When watching Wiggins, he doesn't seem like the type that has a competetive fire to him. I wont say he doesn't try in games, but with someone as talented as him you just know he can perform better than he does. Especially when it comes to things such as rebounding. But again, I feel like it's the intangibles that he's lacking in

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

This is you barely 250 minutes into Okafors career:

I'm criticizing him for not impacting the game. He is another Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Big Al (without the rebounding) and Love (without the rebounding). If you're happy building your team around that, then go for it.

6 games into his career....at 19...you made this topic hating on him:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=389213

But now its "FFS hes 20"?

Decent college freshman

He should be an elite defender, he isn't right now. Doesn't mean it won't come, but its a fair criticism.

His inability to get assists is concerning.

He got hot on 3s after the AS break last year, but he has to show a consistent 3 ball to be a star.

His rebounding numbers are also a concern.

Honestly, the only reason Wiggins got criticized was because of the TWolves W-L record, which is really stupid. I've seen some people also say that he's kinda selfish with ball and that he should try to be more involved with playmaking. The guys hating on him have no knowledge. He's probably 5 years from reaching his prime, and at 21 he's already a stud. The guy knows how to score, and his spin move is deadly. His stepback jumper is also very nice.

Think about it, Wiggins won't go anywhere but up. He'll only get better and better every year if he keeps putting in the work. I expect him to average around 23-24 ppg next season along with 6 rpg and 3 apg.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Honestly, the only reason Wiggins got criticized was because of the TWolves W-L record, which is really stupid. I've seen some people also say that he's kinda selfish with ball and that he should try to be more involved with playmaking. The guys hating on him have no knowledge. He's probably 5 years from reaching his prime, and at 21 he's already a stud. The guy knows how to score, and his spin move is deadly. His stepback jumper is also very nice.

Think about it, Wiggins won't go anywhere but up. He'll only get better and better every year if he keeps putting in the work. I expect him to average around 23-24 ppg next season along with 6 rpg and 3 apg.
    I think Wiggins also gets a lot of slack because his style of play is underappreciated in today's game. He can't space the floor and he's a volume scorer who takes a lot of midrange jumpers and has a post game. He's one of the only wings that looks like he could be elite outside of the top 4.

I always forget how young he is. It just feels like he has no hoice but to get at least another level or two better than he is over the next 3 years. But I just don't see how when he's so un imaginative and unsmooth looking with the ball. With that said, his TS% was already above average for the league last year, even if it was barely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    This is you barely 250 minutes into Okafors career:

6 games into his career....at 19...you made this topic hating on him:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=389213

But now its "FFS hes 20"?
    And that has nothing to do with this topic.

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Only Shaq, LBJ, Tyreke, Durant, Anthony Davis, Adrian Dantley, Elton Brand and Carmelo have ever scored >20 ppg as a 20 year old or younger in history

What a pointless and worthless statistic to include.

Wonder if there is correlation between Wiggins hate and Lebron dick riders?

:)

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    And that has nothing to do with this topic.

Try again.

If you dont see the relevance I dont know what to tell you.

As you yourself made clear...nobody gives a **** how young people are. They find a reason to hate people who get hyped and arent full fledged superstars right away. You yourself did it in a 19 year olds first week of basketball. Why would you be shocked a few people do it with Wiggins and be in here talking about how young he is? If you dont care...why should anyone else? What....it makes sense when you hate on a guy 6 games into his career but others cant talk about a guy going into his 3rd season?