Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Ben Simmons says the NCAA is "f----d up"

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rs-get-nothing

Ben Simmons blasts 'messed up' NCAA: 'The players get nothing'

Throughout the film, Simmons wrestles with the trappings of his newfound fame. With agents and shoe companies hovering in Baton Rouge, Simmons said he had to avoid "temptations."

At LSU, he said he was offered a "Bentley, a Wraith Rolls-Royce, watches, jewelry, a house ... anything. It literally is anything. People coming at you, offering you things."

Simmons didn't say who offered him those gifts, which would have made him ineligible to compete in college. On a trip to a shoe store, he quips that a salesman would "let me take whatever" if he asked.

Contrary to popular belief, the player does not have to play at least a year in college basketball, as the player can choose to instead play in another professional league (especially overseas) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_high_school_draftees

what a whining bitch !

Default Re: Ben Simmons says the NCAA is "f----d up"

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker

Throughout the film, Simmons wrestles with the trappings of his newfound fame. With agents and shoe companies hovering in Baton Rouge, Simmons said he had to avoid "temptations."

At LSU, he said he was offered a "Bentley, a Wraith Rolls-Royce, watches, jewelry, a house ... anything. It literally is anything. People coming at you, offering you things."

Simmons didn't say who offered him those gifts, which would have made him ineligible to compete in college. On a trip to a shoe store, he quips that a salesman would "let me take whatever" if he asked.

Contrary to popular belief, the player does not have to play at least a year in college basketball, as the player can choose to instead play in another professional league (especially overseas) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_high_school_draftees

what a whining bitch !
    The rule is pretty much play in the NBA or leave the country for a year to work in your profession. Yes, its ****ed up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

OP whining about someone else whining

Nice

Free education is nothing!!!!

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker

what a whining bitch !
    How is he whining? He's keeping it 100, if I'm not mistaken you go to college to be educated about your career if his career is clearly going to be as a professional basketball player, why can't he be in college and make money from it? If I was a famous journalist while I was in college and the Washington Post pays me and buys food for me because I write columns, would my college kick me out and rule me ineligible to write papers? The shid the NCAA does is retarded, it's ok for them to make endless money of these teenagers but once they try to profit off themselves its a problem.

Is it just a coincidence that the Louisville bookstore has endless #8 football jerseys or nah? But Lamar Jackson gets paid two dollars for an autograph then his team has to cancel there whole season

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I have yet to hear a legit reason why the NCAA doesn't make one simple change: Allow athletes to accept endorsements. They wouldn't have to pay a dime more and guys like Simmons that aren't allowed to exploit their money-making potential until they leave would no longer have that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Free education is nothing!!!!

Lol you the type of dude to buy a dub for 200.

Ben Simmons is worth more than an essential semester of tuition, thats the problem that lied within these kids. LSU games get sold out, jerseys are sold and they are making revenue from his nationally televised games while he's getting a free meal plan that allows him to swipe for food at Panda Express. These kids are getting finessed by the NCAA.

Yeah it is ****ed up OP

If you were a college student being offered all that shit and you were forced to say no to everything wouldnt you be mad as hell?

The education is bullshit. In college you have to teach yourself almost everything anyway

I wonder what tuition at a major school like Duke or Michigan is

allegedly.....

Quote Originally Posted by CuhGetsBucks
    Lol you the type of dude to buy a dub for 200.

Ben Simmons is worth more than an essential semester of tuition, thats the problem that lied within these kids. LSU games get sold out, jerseys are sold and they are making revenue from his nationally televised games while he's getting a free meal plan that allows him to swipe for food at Panda Express. These kids are getting finessed by the NCAA.
    No one is forcing these guys to play in the NCAA.

They can easily to play in the Euro-league, get paid millions and get endorsements...

$200 dub

These people are CHOOSING to play in the NCAA and CHOOSE to abide by their rules.

It is f*cked up that the NCAA profits off these student athletes (who are legally adults) and don't allow them to reap any of the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    It is f*cked up that the NCAA profits off these student athletes (who are legally adults) and don't allow them to reap any of the benefits.
    Well, these adults can choose to showcase their talents over in the many professional leagues across the globe or make the jump to the D-League as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    No one is forcing these guys to play in the NCAA.

They can easily to play in the Euro-league, get paid millions and get endorsements...

$200 dub

These people are CHOOSING to play in the NCAA and CHOOSE to abide by their rules.
    So what about Tim Tebow? A premier player, marketable as hell, where should he go play in the CFL? Why should he be punished by having to play in a less of a league and less of a competitive environment because a crooked organization won't allow him to profit off of himself? And don't try to argue CFL football is better than SEC football, because it's not. Not every player has the means to go overseas and players like Laremy Tunsil who literally cannot leave the country because their family is in such rough standing is a problem.

Not everything is as bleek as it seems $200 dub guy.

If young athletes dont like NCAA, they should go overseas like Mudiay
    -Get paid
    -Bang foreign bitches
    -dont waste time on school

Get that $ in the NBA

Ben Simmons is bitching for no reason.