Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ben Simmons says the NCAA is "f----d up"

LSU's out of state tuition is around $45k. Not including the other free stuff I'm sure he got just for being a popular athlete.
    That's 45k he didn't have to spend on tuition getting a free education just to not lead his team to the tournament.

Be thankful you little shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CuhGetsBucks
    So what about Tim Tebow? A premier player, marketable as hell, where should he go play in the CFL? Why should he be punished by having to play in a less of a league and less of a competitive environment because a crooked organization won't allow him to profit off of himself? And don't try to argue CFL football is better than SEC football, because it's not. Not every player has the means to go overseas and players like Laremy Tunsil who literally cannot leave the country because their family is in such rough standing is a problem.

Not everything is as bleek as it seems $200 dub guy.
    Oh, I see

The NCAA giving Tim Tebow an avenue to even make it to the NFL means nothing.

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Well, these adults can choose to showcase their talents over in the many professional leagues across the globe or make the jump to the D-League as well.
    Why are yall being stupid? What's more likely a college kid getting drafted out of college or a high school kid getting drafted out of the D-League?

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Oh, I see

Avenue and education.

Oh, I see

And Tim Tebow's performance and post game interviews making the NCAA over millions of dollars means nothing either.

Oh I see

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    LSU's out of state tuition is around $45k. Not including the other free stuff I'm sure he got just for being a popular athlete.
    That's 45k he didn't have to spend on tuition getting a free education just to not lead his team to the tournament.

Be thankful you little shit.

Thankful???

Whooooaaaaaaaaa

He generated millions of dollars and got 45,000$???!!??

Thankful??

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word.

Lsu should be the thankful one.

BTW, anyone who actually purchases weed in a plant form is a sucker.

You can get >95% pure CO2 extracted THC oil for $30 for a 500ml vape cartridge that'll easily last you 2-4 weeks vaping everyday.

And Tim Tebow's performance and post game interviews making the NCAA over millions of dollars means nothing either.

Oh I see
    It's the trade off.

Without the NCAA Tebow doesn't make it to the NFL

Why are yall being stupid? What's more likely a college kid getting drafted out of college or a high school kid getting drafted out of the D-League?
    How's that being stupid?

You can either go to college, get a full education and scholarship covering basically all necessity living expenses for x amount of years without getting paid and increase your exposure

OR

you can go play pro ball in Europe or the D-League, get paid and have less exposure.

It is their decision. Is it fair that universities cash in and the athletes don't? Sure, but it isn't like that is the only option for them.

It's the trade off.

Without the NCAA Tebow doesn't make it to the NFL
    Then what about players like Darron Thomas who never have NFL careers that the NCAA makes millions off of?? They were essentially finessed and robbed out of millions for free housing in 2 room college dorm with no utilities. Lmao I hear you big dawg

So what about Tim Tebow? A premier player, marketable as hell, where should he go play in the CFL? Why should he be punished by having to play in a less of a league and less of a competitive environment because a crooked organization won't allow him to profit off of himself? And don't try to argue CFL football is better than SEC football, because it's not. Not every player has the means to go overseas and players like Laremy Tunsil who literally cannot leave the country because their family is in such rough standing is a problem.

Not everything is as bleek as it seems $200 dub guy.
    If Tunsil agreed to play in the Euro football league, then I'm sure the team had already agreed prior to pay his way to get over there before he had signed. It would be in the contract. But a player of his stature would never go overseas opposed to getting a full ride and showcasing himself in the U.S

That would be for any top recruit/first round pick in any sport.

Also, how would teammates treat you knowing you get paid cause you're one of the top dogs on the team, while the center, offensive guard and others don't get shit cause they're not high on the list to even get drafted?
    Last edited by Hey Yo; 11-01-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Also, the NCAA isn't perfect by any means...i'll you give that. But don't pretend for a minute that this is screwing the players entirely.

The NCAA needs the players just as much as the players need the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    How's that being stupid?

You can either go to college, get a full education and scholarship covering basically all necessity living expenses for x amount of years without getting paid and increase your exposure

OR

you can go play pro ball in Europe or the D-League, get paid and have less exposure.

It is their decision. Is it fair that universities cash in and the athletes don't? Sure, but it isn't like that is the only option for them.
    The college route is clearly the best option to get your place in the league, for every player who has went to the D-League out of high school and were drafted by an NBA team, I can find you 180 players who did the same. Why should you be forced to less exposure because an organization monopolized universities that do not care if you make profit off yourself or not? You guys making these arguments don't even understand how the NCAA works. Yall here free tuition and lose your mind like free tuition for the NCAA isn't the equivalent of Bill Gates giving a homeless person 3,000 dollars but making 500,000 off that person.

If you really think Ben Simmons is worth the same amount as Billy Bob on Santa Clara University's golf team then you're geeking.

Also, the NCAA isn't perfect by any means...i'll you give that. But don't pretend for a minute that this is screwing the players entirely.

The NCAA needs the players just as much as the players need the NCAA.
    The players need the NCAA in the same way football gaming fans need EA Sports. They make a horrible game but control the market so if anyone wants an atleast realistic fix at a football simulation they will need to buy Madden.

The NAIA is the closest thing the NCAA has to an essential "2K sports" but they have AFL teams licensed not NFL teams. If you catch my drift.

NCAA is just greedy, no one in here can give me a single good reason why these players cant get paid

Funny a college engineer on a college scholarship can make an invention and sell his product for millions while still staying in college

But a college basketball player like Simmons cant even make $5 selling his autograph?

Let the young fellas make their money