Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Ben Simmons says the NCAA is "f----d up"

Quote Originally Posted by CuhGetsBucks
    The college route is clearly the best option to get your place in the league, for every player who has went to the D-League out of high school and were drafted by an NBA team, I can find you 180 players who did the same. Why should you be forced to less exposure because an organization monopolized universities that do not care if you make profit off yourself or not? You guys making these arguments don't even understand how the NCAA works. Yall here free tuition and lose your mind like free tuition for the NCAA isn't the equivalent of Bill Gates giving a homeless person 3,000 dollars but making 500,000 off that person.

If you really think Ben Simmons is worth the same amount as Billy Bob on Santa Clara University's golf team then you're geeking.
    You are given options, and aren't forced to do anything. Look around you bud, this is far from a perfect world, and when you have multiple options and go with one, I'd have a hard time feeling bad for you not getting paid while in college.

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    If Tunsil agreed to play in the Euro football league, then I'm sure the team had already agreed prior to pay his way to get over there before he had signed. It would be in the contract. But a player of his stature would never go overseas opposed to getting a full ride and showcasing himself in the U.S

That would be for any top recruit/first round pick in any sport.

Also, how would teammates treat you knowing you get paid cause you're one of the top dogs on the team, while the center, offensive guard and others don't get shit cause they're not high on the list to even get drafted?
    See my discussion with qrich, why should they be punished by playing lesser competition because a monopoly won't allow them to make money off of themselves?

Vice versa to your question, how do you think Ben Simmons feels that his tuition is esentially him being paid the same amount as some unmarketable kid who participates in bowling on scholarship at LSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    LSU's out of state tuition is around $45k. Not including the other free stuff I'm sure he got just for being a popular athlete.
    That's 45k he didn't have to spend on tuition getting a free education just to not lead his team to the tournament.

Be thankful you little shit.
    And how much money did he make for the school?
    And how much education did he get while having to travel all season?

The cucks are showing themselves applauding th NCAA for giving players pennies on the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    You are given options, and aren't forced to do anything. Look around you bud, this is far from a perfect world, and when you have multiple options and go with one, I'd have a hard time feeling bad for you not getting paid while in college.
    This is the same backwards ass logic they use when black people say they have an issue with the systematic racism in this country. "If you don't like it then find somewhere else" Instead of actually trying to fix the problem.

Imagine you excel at posting on this forum, and this is the hottest forum in the US. Inside hoops uses your columns on ESPN, Fox and other media outlets but says that they can't pay you and no one else can pay you for your writing pieces. And that the payment is the exposure you get, you would be fine with that? If you are I don't know what kind of business man you are but it doesn't sound like a very good one.

So you can't try and change how things are done?

It's not a perfect world, that doesn't mean just give up and get walked all over.

America would still be a damn colony if we thought like that

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    So you can't try and change how things are done?

It's not a perfect world, that doesn't mean just give up and get walked all over.

America would still be a damn colony if we thought like that
    You can, but all I hear is bitching from collegiate athletes. Best way to do something would be an absolute exile to the D-League/Euro League. Of course there is other ways to get stuff done.

I've always preferred the way youth academies work in European soccer/basketball leagues, like the farm leagues in baseball.

Imagine you excel at posting on this forum, and this is the hottest forum in the US. Inside hoops uses your columns on ESPN, Fox and other media outlets but says that they can't pay you and no one else can pay you for your writing pieces. And that the payment is the exposure you get, you would be fine with that? If you are I don't know what kind of business man you are but it doesn't sound like a very good one.
    Did I agree to those terms?

See my discussion with qrich, why should they be punished by playing lesser competition because a monopoly won't allow them to make money off of themselves?
    Euro league Pro Basketball is better competition (for an 18yr old) than NCAAM would be.....for a player like Simmons stature.

Vice versa to your question, how do you think Ben Simmons feels that his tuition is esentially him being paid the same amount as some unmarketable kid who participates in bowling on scholarship at LSU?
    No chance they even close to getting the same amount.

Euroleague competition > NCAA

Did I agree to those terms?
    These players are not signing contracts from the NCAA, it is noted once they are on the rosters for their respective teams that they are abiding by all NCAA rules and regulations. I'm sure you played high school sports, once you agree to play on that team you are abiding by the regulations of the federation you play in such as the CIF and VHSL.

These players are not signing contracts from the NCAA, it is noted once they are on the rosters for their respective teams that they are abiding by all NCAA rules and regulations. I'm sure you played high school sports, once you agree to play on that team you are abiding by the regulations of the federation you play in such as the CIF and VHSL.
    They are signing scholarships, which is a contract though.

Sample Scholarship

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Euroleague competition > NCAA
    It's nice to know you feel that way but that's not how high schoolers get drafted, 8 kids who went to college out of high school were drafted before Brandon Jennings while 4 were drafted before Emmanual Mudiay, thats millions of dollars lost because you needed money immediately to help your family and a monopoly wouldn't allow you? That's awful.

They are signing scholarships, which is a contract though.

Sample Scholarship
    I understand you, but you're undermining this is being signed by teenagers who have tunnel vision in the fact this is an oppurtunity to go professional in their sport. Do you think Shabazz Muhammad would go play at UCLA, where they could extract him for millions but he had no shot to play in the NBA from the jump?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Euro league Pro Basketball is better competition (for an 18yr old) than NCAAM would be.....for a player like Simmons stature.

No chance they even close to getting the same amount.
    Welcome to reality bruh, if they're both on full ride they are both on the same scholarship getting their tuition paid. Which is my point exactly. Ben Simmons receiving anymore money would be an NCAA violation which would lead to the vacation of wins.... Wins that the NCAA made money televising.

See the problem here?

I understand you, but you're undermining this is being signed by teenagers who have tunnel vision in the fact this is an oppurtunity to go professional in their sport. Do you think Shabazz Muhammad would go play at UCLA, where they could extract him for millions but he had no shot to play in the NBA from the jump?
    Were basically on the same page in that its shady that the collegiate athlete's can't make money while in college, but the reality is, until something major is done, it won't change.

Terrence Ferguson is a prime example, his family needs the money so he choose to return to Australia and play in the NBL (which is probably the level of say, the WAC Conference) before declaring next year.

Imagine if we have a dozen Ferguson's a year, you'd really force the hands of the NC2A to work on some sort of a financial incentive program for the student-athletes.