Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: What if Chris Paul decided to go back to New Orleans to play with AD?

the best team for paul to go to in old age is Atlanta for me.. just rest him behind shroeder, fresh for the playoffs and unleash

College superstar

Default Re: What if Chris Paul decided to go back to New Orleans to play with AD?

Quote Originally Posted by antonAC
    Given that the CP3's problem has not been a lack of help on the roster, it's been keeping himself and the roster healthy I don't see how teaming up with another injury risk is a good move.

I love Paul but Griffin, Jordan and Reddick is a great supporting cast and really should have been enough. the only way he gets a ring now is by playing as a roleplayer when he's older.
    CP3's help last season:

Griffin
    Jordan
    Redick
    Crawford
    Pierce (last season)
    Green

He had more than a decent amount of help but they couldn't stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    it wouldnt make any sense unless Rondo got traded. None of these 2 would come off the bench and there is no way for them to both start.
    It's pretty obvious Dougie McBuckets would come off the bench.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    On paper, they would literally done wonders. That P&R game would be lethal. All they would need are shooters and slashers to space the floor.

But CP3 is 31 going on 32. He's past his prime. This would've been a better "what if" scenario than the reality of him going to Charlotte at this stage of his career.

I wish you bums would stop assuming 30 means past prime.....do you know how many great players played just as well if not better past 30?????? like put that myth to bed. I haven't seen any drop off in cp3 SINCE he added the bulk....and that was like 5 or 6 seasons ago...he has been the same player....hasn't be the speedy pg since like 2010 but after that there has been no dropoff with him. And he would essentially be leaving the clippers for another clippers team if you think about it.

blake and ant are basically one in the same...one is a little more skilled but they both are beasts in pick n roll. its not like blake griffin is a scrub...dude is a top pf in his own right. so I really don't see the hype of leaving one team that's already built for cp3 for another team that isn't built for him but it has a great pf....like I stated....fun to watch......first round exit at best.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    It's pretty obvious Dougie McBuckets would come off the bench.
    McBuckets has nothing to do with it though. CP3 and Rondo are both pure point guards. You cant have both of them as your starting guards. One of them would be pretty much useless without the ball in their hands.

do it Chris. get the fck outta la

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

what if cp3 had gone to the lakers and that fakkit stern had not vetoed the trade?

Paul is a loser, it doesn't matter where he goes

Noleans says no thanks

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

CP3 is getting old , and only 2 teams are loaded, and the Spur's are in the WING....

Ahhhhhh - CP3 to the Spurs would be a good fit, after Rivers quits, Clips, fold , and CP3 contract is up.