Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    College superstar

Default Re: NBA Awards will be revealed on T.V -- After the Playoffs are over

As others have mentioned, if the voting is still done after the season but before the playoffs, then I do not understand this change, nor do I like it.

Now if the NBA wants to get some must-watch-tv to bump up ratings...
    Have the VOTING done on live TV. Have all 100+ media members in one room, and do write-in votes (so that they can not be swayed by their peers). Each vote would have the name of the voter attached to it as well, so the individual voters can be interviewed on the "why" behind their votes. I would watch that.

That's really too bad.. who can forget sad Dirk receiving his MVP trophy days after getting bounced from the 2007 Playoffs from the We Believe Warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    As others have mentioned, if the voting is still done after the season but before the playoffs, then I do not understand this change, nor do I like it.

Now if the NBA wants to get some must-watch-tv to bump up ratings...
    Have the VOTING done on live TV. Have all 100+ media members in one room, and do write-in votes (so that they can not be swayed by their peers). Each vote would have the name of the voter attached to it as well, so the individual voters can be interviewed on the "why" behind their votes. I would watch that.

That's a great idea actually.
    But having all 100 media members in the same room is a bit hard, as they are from all over the state.
    Maybe you could just have them vote simultaniously, some being in attendance and others casting their ballots via other communications.

I like the interviews thing.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    That's a great idea actually.
    But having all 100 media members in the same room is a bit hard, as they are from all over the state.
    Maybe you could just have them vote simultaniously, some being in attendance and others casting their ballots via other communications.

I like the interviews thing.
    If they want the honor and notoriety of voting for awards in a professional league, then they will make it.