Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Westbrook = The Look of an Elite Superstar

OKC had zero business winning this game. No other player scored in double figures. He doesn't have a legit second or third option. CP3 has Blake Griffin and Redick and they were at home. Westbrook still won. He had 10 turnovers, but he literally did everything for his team, and he definitely would've had a triple double if any of his teammates played well offensively. I have no idea how much of this Russ can keep this up, but I can't see any other point guard doing so much with so little regularly. I think it might require all world athleticism and a ridiculous motor. It's only a regular season game, but I think you've got to sit down and think for about 10 minutes before you say any player but LeBron* is definitely better than him. Other players might fit into other systems more seamlessly, but Westbrook is a system in himself.

Banned

Default Re: Westbrook = The Look of an Elite Superstar

This was a bad game for him.

I'm thoroughly disappointed tbh. Too many sloppy turnovers. Again missed a bunch of shots he should've made. Forced bad shots near the end. (airballed a 3 with a minute left - ) Wasn't as aggressive on the boards tonight.

Dropped 35/6/5 (with the 10 turnovers)

The takeaway is that the Clippers just aren't that good. They had nobody to step up and score... Griffin is a non-factor in clutch time.

While it's obvious he is the MVP, he needs to step up even further. This is the life Westbrook chose. He doesn't get any breaks or sugar coated remarks. Dude has got to step it up for my fantasy team.

"I'm not kidding, I would sacrifice my firstborn if I knew it would help Russell Westbrook. I don't have children, I don't want them, they're shit and rarely give you anything in return except debts and depression. But if I accidentally got some bird up the duff I know I'd take that waste of space down the river and toss it in, if I knew somehow it could help Russell Westbrook.
    Why?
    Because if Russell Westbrook was on my team he'd do the same for me. He'd do anything to make sure we got the win, he'd shed every ounce of fat, every morsel of fear, every fibre of weakness all so that he could get us in a position to compete harder.
    I believe in Russell Westbrook. I believe in what he is trying to do this season. I believe in what he represents. This isn't a game of basketball, this is a war. This is a man tasked with breaking the shadow of darkness. If you aren't with Russell Westbrook then you're evil. That's fine, you sit there and suckle on the teets of Lucifer, you bathe in the fires of damnation. Your maleficence will sting your heart eventually.
    For those of us who see the light, we know Russell Westbrook is coming. We know he will prevail. We see that he, and only he, can guide us to the promised land.
    God is dead, Russell Westbrook dunked on him. Start believing before he dunks on your bitch ass too."

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle

I'm thoroughly disappointed tbh. Too many sloppy turnovers. Again missed a bunch of shots he should've made. Forced bad shots near the end. (airballed a 3 with a minute left - ) Wasn't as aggressive on the boards tonight.

The takeaway is that the Clippers just aren't that good. They had nobody to step up and score... Griffin is a non-factor in clutch time.

While it's obvious he is the MVP, he needs to step up even further. This is the life Westbrook chose. He doesn't get any breaks or sugar coated remarks. Dude has got to step it up for my fantasy team.
    Chill they are 4-0 and he is averaging almost a 33+ ppg triple double, just stop it...

Dude had 2x as many turnovers as assists and he still led his team past a top 5 team in the league.
    Imagine is he slows down and started taking better care of the ball.
    A lot of people are going to regret the "Westbrook is a loser without Durant" bs.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Clippers' defense this year has been great. The 3 games they won before this game, their offense was garbage but they just limited the other team to terrible FG% and rebounded well.

They're missing layups, free throws, open 3's, open mid range shots.. I can't explain why. Maybe they're not doing shooting drills anymore? I have no idea. I hope they fix it soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Dude had 2x as many turnovers as assists and he still led his team past a top 5 team in the league.
    A lot of people are going to regret the "Westbrook is a loser without Durant" bs.
    Then he wouldn't be Westbrook.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    Clippers' defense this year has been great. The 3 games they won before this game, their offense was garbage but they just limited the other team to terrible FG% and rebounded well.

They're missing layups, free throws, open 3's, open mid range shots.. I can't explain why. Maybe they're not doing shooting drills anymore? I have no idea. I hope they fix it soon.
    No doubt, they're a solid defensive team. They have size and good instincts. WB turned it over 10 times for a reason. Clipps are solid on that end.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

No doubt, they're a solid defensive team. They have size and good instincts. WB turned it over 10 times for a reason. Clipps are solid on that end.
    Yeah. It's trippy to see that when the Clippers lost a game, it's because of their offense. It's usually the other way around.

Take nothing away from OKC's defense, they played really hard defensively and had some crazy stops. But the Clippers have no excuse for missing open 3's and makeable shots/layups/free throws. Griffin, Paul, and Redick had terrible shooting nights, and some Clippers players that are good free throw shooters missed free throws. It's unexplainable at this point

Reminds me of MJ in terms of determination, motor, stamina, will to win and just sheer self belief in his talents. He is a force. And opponents can sense it too.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

both sh!tty teams. There are like 3 teams maximum every year that will compete for the title. The rest of the teams are just there for practice, clippers and OKC included. Such a huge waste of talent of all these superstars rotting on awful franchises that will never go anywhere. NBA needs to reduce the amount of teams because its becoming a joke.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii

That's the thing, I think Westbrook's speed/motor enable him to do what he does. He just puts immense pressure on the defense, attacking them in transition. He's not a great shooter, but he's reliable enough to the point where he makes them at a decent clip and cant hit them when he needs to, like tonight. Slowing down would hinder him. His abilities and approach helped take OKC on deep playoff runs and has OKC 4-0 without a bunch of role players. His abilities allow him to do that, can't ask for him to have the jumper of steph, the IQ/Patience of CP3. What he has is arguably more effective (we'll see this year). Not many players are a literal force of nature like Westbrook.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    That's the thing, I think Westbrook's speed/motor enable him to do what he does. He just puts immense pressure on the defense, attacking them in transition. He's not a great shooter, but he's reliable enough to the point where he makes them at a decent clip and cant hit them when he needs to, like tonight. Slowing down would hinder him. His abilities and approach helped take OKC on deep playoff runs and has OKC 4-0 without a bunch of role players. His abilities allow him to do that, can't ask for him to have the jumper of steph, the IQ/Patience of CP3. What he has is arguably more effective (we'll see this year). Not many players are a literal force of nature like Westbrook.
    I just googled it, to be considered a force of nature you need a 40+ inch vertical

I stand with Russell Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Reminds me of MJ in terms of determination, motor, stamina, will to win and just sheer self belief in his talents. He is a force. And opponents can sense it too.
    Allen Iverson comes to mind as well. Very similar situation.