Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default Why do you think Carmelo is better than Derozan?

Derozan scores more on higher efficiency, and he is leading his team to a better record despite is not having any super friends.

I would definitely pick Derozan over Carmelo if I have a choice.

But the general consensus here is Carmelo is a legitimate superstar who can win the title as the go to guy, while Derozan is just a good scorer who cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Carmelo.

Why is that?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Why do you think Carmelo is better than Derozan?

Carmelo is 32 and almost washed up. Why compare him to an old player?

Carmelo in his prime is better than Derozan though.

Who tf thinks that?

Carmelo is easily one of the worst players in the keague

He ruins the offense, hes one of the worst defenders in the league EFFORT wise

Its painfully obvious hes just here for the money

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Carmelo is 32 and almost washed up. Why compare him to an old player?

Carmelo in his prime is better than Derozan though.

Bingo

NBA All-star

because Carmelo is a more physical player

and had Raymond Felton had a physique closer to Metter World Peace, you'd see Carmelo on the top 10 plays more often

not gonna say that's the reason anyone ever thought of Derozan better than Carmelo from the first place

Carmelo is past his prime. And he doesn't give a $hit about winning.

He's not

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Derozan scores more on higher efficiency, and he is leading his team to a better record despite is not having any super friends.

But the general consensus here is Carmelo is a legitimate superstar who can win the title as the go to guy, while Derozan is just a good scorer who cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Carmelo.

Why is that?
    lol I hate carmelo more than any other knicks fan I know but derozan can't even shine his shoes. Carmelo gives efficient and diverse scoring, ranging from 3p to triple threat to post action. Also, while carmelo isn't a high level IQ player like lebron he isn't a dumb chucker and will move the ball if he has the personnel. Also carmelo has never been a superstar, he is just an exceptional scorer who was misplayed for most of his career, his best years came when other players initiated and controlled the offense, unsurprisingly I might add.

Derozan has evolved a bit but he is still a low iq player that has been exposed thoroughly in the playoffs time and and time again. His averages will cool down as the season goes on. For a playoff run this year I'd still take carmelo.

Also it's laughable to label derozan as a bigtime scorer when he is so easy to freeze offensively, he has poor offensive variation and playoff coaches shown how he can be gameplanned against. On the other hand carmelo is very hard to stop, albeit age has slowed down in the past couple of years. Career wise it's not even close tbh.

Nobody thinks Carmelo is a better player rn

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    Also carmelo has never been a superstar, he is just an exceptional scorer who was misplayed for most of his career, his best years came when other players initiated and controlled the offense, unsurprisingly I might add.

Derozan has evolved a bit but he is still a low iq player that has been exposed thoroughly in the playoffs time and and time again. His averages will cool down as the season goes on. For a playoff run this year I'd still take carmelo.
    for the bolded part, the reality is that Carmelo is the type of player who doesn't have much problem settling for lower fg% than to have a high turnover to assist ratio. he can initiate the offense, perhaps one small hump has been he has a problem with players who rely more on physical attributes, than that having an edge on a one on one mentality. perhaps there are also roots as to players who grew up from where they are from

for the italic part, I wouldn't say Derozan is low iq, but he hasn't had a squad where he has had to been in command of their well being.

unfortunately, with all the players being challenged to share the rock, it goes back to the ability to run the floor and get open on the offensive end

Who are 'Melo's super friends?

Derozan has a much better team around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error

Why is that?
    Lowry is the leader. Derozan is the sidekick, who has had a few hot games. He'll come back to earth. Melo has been doing this for a long time, and has a more diverse scoring skillset than Derozan. Derozan has wilted in the playoffs.

NBA rookie of the year

Carmelo is honestly a disgrace. He never sells out defensively. Hardly ever sacrifices his body defensively. He's a one way player, and is no longer that efficient either.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

He is not. At this stage of their respective career

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    Also it's laughable to label derozan as a bigtime scorer when he is so easy to freeze offensively, he has poor offensive variation and playoff coaches shown how he can be gameplanned against. On the other hand carmelo is very hard to stop, albeit age has slowed down in the past couple of years. Career wise it's not even close tbh.

melo is better but he was just as easily sought out in the playoffs as Derozan is.. Derozan has flopped a bit harder but melo also saw big decrease in the playoffs for performance.

melo is also big time ball stopper in a way Derozan is not. If you see raptor games demar is used off then on ball with a lot of screens and movement towards the hoop where everybody's moving .. melo all the time prefers the clear out, everybody else stand still while i jab step for 5 seconds and take a fade away jumper. Derozan's game looks much better in a team setting.