Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves - Stay Positive Thread

The assistant coach mentioned that they have been pushing KAT to be more conscious of kicking out of double teams, I'm enjoying his aggression but his procedural awareness needs some work.

such a surprise tbh

I told you wolves fans you are going nowhere, that's just reality. You got KAT who is an A+ talent and then you got trash, the bad kind of trash too, the one that puts up stats with no impact. Lavine is a cancer at guard rotation, he doesn't move the ball. So does wiggins. These are chuckers in the making, mark my words. Any decent team will not have a hard time stopping your offense. So basically you have bad ball movement when your best talent can't get the ball easily on the perimeter. Bummer.

Defensively the wolves are massively overrated, you got kat and rubio which are plus defenders and then athletes with bad fundamentals, they might look good in highlights but positioning is off, rotations are bad, defensive collapse are common. As the team is built right now they won't do anything of value with it, might sneak in the playoffs but that's it. You better pray dunn develops fast and that you can move one of wiggins or lavine for something else.

lakers are already better

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    such a surprise tbh

I told you wolves fans you are going nowhere, that's just reality. You got KAT who is an A+ talent and then you got trash, the bad kind of trash too, the one that puts up stats with no impact. Lavine is a cancer at guard rotation, he doesn't move the ball. So does wiggins. These are chuckers in the making, mark my words. Any decent team will not have a hard time stopping your offense. So basically you have bad ball movement when your best talent can't get the ball easily on the perimeter. Bummer.

Defensively the wolves are massively overrated, you got kat and rubio which are plus defenders and then athletes with bad fundamentals, they might look good in highlights but positioning is off, rotations are bad, defensive collapse are common. As the team is built right now they won't do anything of value with it, might sneak in the playoffs but that's it. You better pray dunn develops fast and that you can move one of wiggins or lavine for something else.
    Says the guy who hasn't watched any of their games, strictly highlights

LaVine is a chucker, but in a good sense, he is a natural shooter, we have been over this before, Swagless, you've been hiding until now because I had you so shook, return to your corner, please!

The starting unit is not the issue, sure they are flawed but going up by 15+ in 4 out of 5 games is not a fluke

I don't think you realize that sneaking into the playoffs would be a momentous achievement for that franchise, but it probably won't happen if Ricky misses significant time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    Says the guy who hasn't watched any of their games, strictly highlights

LaVine is a chucker, but in a good sense, he is a natural shooter, we have been over this before, Swagless, you've been hiding until now because I had you so shook, return to your corner, please!

The starting unit is not the issue, sure they are flawed but going up by 15+ in 4 out of 5 games is not a fluke

I don't think you realize that sneaking into the playoffs would be a momentous achievement for that franchise, but it probably won't happen if Ricky misses significant time.
    Ricky sucks

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    Ricky sucks

Thoughts?
    This

Ricky sucks

Thoughts?
    I dunno man.
    Watch him play, I promise you the eye test will tell you otherwise.
    And the stats back that up.

Yeah he's no Stephen Curry but he's a very solid PG and the Wolves are better with him on the floor than off the floor mostly. Are we better long term with Dunn? Yeah, maybe. But that does not diminish from Ricky's talent.

Ricky sucks

Thoughts?

I'm thinking you must be really bored right now

I'm not the one, Simon!

He may "suck" but he is important to this team in particular, that's all there is to it

It's only been 5 games.

Both our offensive and defensive efficiency are A LOT better this year even when you take out the d league all star team that Memphis trotted out.

1-2 possessions in 2 of our losses could have gone our way and we end up winning.

We've had one huge stinker of a game and that was OKC, otherwise everything has been competitive.

Losses of 3,4,3 besides OKC trouncing us.

We will still end up with 35+ wins this year.

My motto and expectations this year was just getting our team used to Thibs system and not to expect the playoffs, although obviously it would be a great surprise...

Next year is when we should panic if we don't start making the playoffs every year.

"progress" and "hope" has obviously been what we've been preaching for a while, but this is year one where we actually have great talent and a great coach. It takes time to undo bad habits taught by horrible coaches or not being taught NBA offense/defense schemes at all.

Unreasonable people expect us to be OKC and win 50+ What OKC was an extreme outlier in NBA history.

We'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    It's only been 5 games.

Both our offensive and defensive efficiency are A LOT better this year even when you take out the d league all star team that Memphis trotted out.

1-2 possessions in 2 of our losses could have gone our way and we end up winning.

We've had one huge stinker of a game and that was OKC, otherwise everything has been competitive.

Losses of 3,4,3 besides OKC trouncing us.

We will still end up with 35+ wins this year.

My motto and expectations this year was just getting our team used to Thibs system and not to expect the playoffs, although obviously it would be a great surprise...

Next year is when we should panic if we don't start making the playoffs every year.

"progress" and "hope" has obviously been what we've been preaching for a while, but this is year one where we actually have great talent and a great coach. It takes time to undo bad habits taught by horrible coaches or not being taught NBA offense/defense schemes at all.

Unreasonable people expect us to be OKC and win 50+ What OKC was an extreme outlier in NBA history.

We'll be fine.
    Well said.
    But I'm still gunning for playoffs.
    We shouldn't settle for anything less.
    Not when the Western Conference is the weakest it has been in a decade.
    We'll get there mate. We'll get there.