Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bran vs. "Get off my lawn" Jackson

Ghettodiva James at it again

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    What does him being or not being black have to do with anything?
    He - like most sensible people - can see that it was an innocuous remark that had absolutely nothing do with race. White groups are called posses and not only is the word NOT used in the context given by its formal definition, but the definition itself doesn't mention any race anywhere.

You are over thinking this WAY too much. There's a lot of racism in today's world, especially so in the wake of Trump's win. This isn't one of those instances. Jesus f'ing Christ.
    Phil Jackson is a highly intelligent guy to think that he doesn't know to call a group of working businessmen a posse is kind of dumb.

I'm not offended, I'm letting you know that as a black man that came from nothing, it's disrespectful for someone to work hard to be relegated as posse. Because a posse is what you refer to people below someone.

Tupac and Biggie had a posse, street people to protect them from harm. The Outlawz was Tupac's posse. Mav Carter and Bron's business partners are not a posse, they are business partners.

Nobody is mad or upset, just Phil needs to watch how he's talking. Because if someone says they don't like what you said to them, especially the best basketball player in the world, you have to listen. He's already in hot water for the shitty job he's doing as president, no need to put that in further harm.

Phil grabbed him by the posse

Quote Originally Posted by CuhGetsBucks
    Phil Jackson is a highly intelligent guy to think that he doesn't know to call a group of working businessmen a posse is kind of dumb.

I'm not offended, I'm letting you know that as a black man that came from nothing, it's disrespectful for someone to work hard to be relegated as posse. Because a posse is what you refer to people below someone.

Tupac and Biggie had a posse, street people to protect them from harm. The Outlawz was Tupac's posse. Mav Carter and Bron's business partners are not a posse, they are business partners.

Nobody is mad or upset, just Phil needs to watch how he's talking. Because if someone says they don't like what you said to them, especially the best basketball player in the world, you have to listen. He's already in hot water for the shitty job he's doing as president, no need to put that in further harm.
    All I'm saying is that we live in a world suffused with racism, so much so that a black man such as yourself would have dealt with it routinely. It's disgusting and seems to be increasing. But we can't brush every instance of a older white male using a contentious word, with the same brush.
    Racism is when cops shoot unarmed black men. Racism is when some idiot mayor calls Michele Obama an ape in heels. Racism is NOT when Phil Jackson uses a word most of us college educated men and women would have just as likely used to describe a clique. I most definitely did not know that the formal definition was of armed men, and I'd wager that most of this forum didn't as well. We would use the word posse as a synonym for "clique". That doesn't make us racists.

Do you see my point? Maybe ignorance is something a lot of us can be accused of, and even then the definition doesn't define the group as a back armed group. The race isn't mentioned anywhere.

Jordan Stopper

Feeny

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Feeny
    Haha bro I'm Bran for life and pro-black for life. Biggest black people supporter on the planet.
    But we can't be criticising old man Jackson on this case my man

All I'm saying is that we live in a world suffused with racism, so much so that a black man such as yourself would have dealt with it routinely. It's disgusting and seems to be increasing. But we can't brush every instance of a older white male using a contentious word, with the same brush.
    Racism is when cops shoot unarmed black men. Racism is when some idiot mayor calls Michele Obama an ape in heels. Racism is NOT when Phil Jackson uses a word most of us college educated men and women would have just as likely used to describe a clique. I most definitely did not know that the formal definition was of armed men, and I'd wager that most of this forum didn't as well. We would use the word posse as a synonym for "clique". That doesn't make us racists.

Do you see my point? Maybe ignorance is something a lot of us can be accused of, and even then the definition doesn't define the group as a back armed group. The race isn't mentioned anywhere.
    Yeah, you're right. I get exactly what you mean. That was wrong on my part.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

The definition refers to a group of law enforcers.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

I mean Phil Jackson is not a racist or anything like that. But the comment did have obvious racial undertones. If it was a white player with his white agent and white business associates, no way in helllllll are they referred too as a 'posse'. LeBron is a sharp guy though, he deflected all the attention away from Phil Jackson's original point that he likes to be coddled.
    Wow, never thought of this.

I could never understand how they can run their empire so successfully with limited education. Seems everything they've done or every decision they've made was spot on. At least the ones that are known to us.

Oh my god, he said "posse"!!!

lebron is gay

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Yea you're def not black, continue your privileged life and leave the real situations to the real men
    I see we got another cry baby whiner like 97 bulls. I'm black and life's unfair!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I see we got another cry baby whiner like 97 bulls. I'm black and life's unfair!
    Damn yall really are some tough guys on this website I see

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Wow, never thought of this.

I could never understand how they can run their empire so successfully with limited education. Seems everything they've done or every decision they've made was spot on. At least the ones that are known to us.
    Everything they've done takes proper training and hard work even up to this point was my point. But ya know ISH people on here have no arguments or facts so they name call when they aren't educated on a topic

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

what about in movies and tv shows when black people say "white people smh" or something to that effect.

Remember guys, its only racism if the subject isn't white.