Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Kanye West: 'I would have voted for Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    It is obvious why white Christians voted for Trump, and it doesn't have anything to do with race, but with the reality that Hilary Clinton would've been happy to declare war on religious freedom, and has nothing but contempt for genuinely religious people. They see things like what is happening all over Europe, where homosexuals search out religious people, and attempt to ruin their lives (supported by the courts), and don't want that here. See the NI cake issue for an example of this (homosexual activist forced baker to print a politically motivated slogan out of sheer spite.
    Funny. Clinton would have declared war on "religious freedom," meanwhile Trump wants a registry for Muslims and a vetting system that is specific for them. What you are talking about is "Christian freedom," not "religious freedom."

The president-elect is perhaps the least Christian character you could imagine. His value system is based entirely on the maximization of personal pleasure, social darwinism, and the idea that might is right - in other words, the perfect opposite of Christian values.

Politicians, almost by definition, tend to prioritize those values, but Trump is rare in feeling no Christian-induced sense of shame about them. (Compare with Marco Rubio, a classic egotist who wasn't able to get the job done partly because he was so self-conscious of his own immorality, like a good Catholic boy)

Yet much like Berlusconi, Christians like Trump because he'll leave them alone. Christians are prepared to let Caesar be Caesar as long as Caesar lets them be Christians.

As for "religious freedom", in the abstract, Ben Simmons is right: religious persecution of Muslims will become official policy under the incoming administration (this stuff isn't going to age well...). That's not because the president is an Islamophobe, per se... but Muslim-baiting has become politically expedient these days, on the right as well as on the left. If it ever were convenient he would become an Islamophile... he only reflects what you guys are thinking.
    Last edited by BoutPractice; 11-22-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simons
    Funny. Clinton would have declared war on "religious freedom," meanwhile Trump wants a registry for Muslims and a vetting system that is specific for them. What you are talking about is "Christian freedom," not "religious freedom."
    Having a vetting procedure targeted at nations filled with people who hate and are waging war on your country, has nothing to do with "religious freedom" in the United States, you ignorant imbecile.

And I see BoutPractice is practicing his mind-reading schtick again: shocker.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    The sad part is...black people would vote for Kanye just because he is also black.
    True, they all voted for Carson after all

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    The president-elect is perhaps the least Christian character you could imagine. His value system is based entirely on the maximization of personal pleasure, social darwinism, and the idea that might is right - in other words, the perfect opposite of Christian values.

Politicians, almost by definition, tend to prioritize those values, but Trump is rare in feeling no Christian-induced sense of shame about them. (Compare with Marco Rubio, a classic egotist who wasn't able to get the job done partly because he was so self-conscious of his own immorality, like a good Catholic boy)

Yet much like Berlusconi, Christians like Trump because he'll leave them alone. Christians are prepared to let Caesar be Caesar as long as Caesar lets them be Christians.

As for "religious freedom", in the abstract, Ben Simmons is right: religious persecution of Muslims will become official policy under the incoming administration (this stuff isn't going to age well...). That's not because the president is an Islamophobe, per se... but Muslim-baiting has become politically expedient these days, on the right as well as on the left. If it ever were convenient he would become an Islamophile... he only reflects what you guys are thinking.
    Julius Caesar was one of the greatest rulers in history. It is very fitting that you compare that based man to president elect Donald Trump.

Decent playground baller

Kanye was hospitalized for erratic behavior that included supporting Trump.