Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. What.CD

Default R.I.P. What.CD

Banned

Default Re: R.I.P. What.CD

I'm sad too.

Never used CD, but lost blackcats a few months ago.

Does anyone have a reliable source to download V0 MP3 quality music?

I still have my Waffles.fm account (now Waffles.ch), but they're down right now too and haven't said why. I haven't used my Waffles account for nearly 4-5 years probably ever since I got my What.CD account.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode

I still have my Waffles.fm account (now Waffles.ch), but they're down right now too and haven't said why. I haven't used my Waffles account for nearly 4-5 years probably ever since I got my What.CD account.

The fuсk is a V0 MP3?

Just get spotify, it's only $5 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    The fuсk is a V0 MP3?
    Explain is here.

Explain is here.
    Too drunk to look into it ATM, isnt mp3 a two channel audio after all?

Too drunk to look into it ATM, isnt mp3 a two channel audio after all?
    V0 is just the best variable bit-rate you can get on a mp3 file. 320 is the best constant bit-rate.

V0 is just the best variable bit-rate you can get on a mp3 file. 320 is the best constant bit-rate.
    Still a two channel audio file, dont see how that comparable to flac and wav (5.1 channel)

Good. Start buying music and movies again.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I wish I did.

I used to have great sources to all kinds of great torrent sites, including what.cd. However, someone posted a thread on here asking about potentially trading invites. I got involved in the conversation, someone on here actually reported it to the mods at what.cd and passthepopcorn and both of my accounts were immediately deleted.

The reason I tell you this is to be careful posting this stuff in the open forum. Someone on here snitched us out (the other posters involved also lost their accounts). Pretty pathetic, but it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I wish I did.

I used to have great sources to all kinds of great torrent sites, including what.cd. However, someone posted a thread on here asking about potentially trading invites. I got involved in the conversation, someone on here actually reported it to the mods at what.cd and passthepopcorn and both of my accounts were immediately deleted.

The reason I tell you this is to be careful posting this stuff in the open forum. Someone on here snitched us out (the other posters involved also lost their accounts). Pretty pathetic, but it happened.
    I already know this. My PassThePopcorn got deleted as well years ago. I even went on the IRC channel and talked to one of the admins and admitted to it, but they still wouldn't reinstate it. It doesn't really matter about being careful. I don't have any private accounts anyway to get banned from. I mean, I suppose I still have my Waffles account.
    Last edited by Meticode; 11-19-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Still a two channel audio file, dont see how that comparable to flac and wav (5.1 channel)
    I don't understand your point? Are you saying FLAC and WAV are better quality? Because I don't disagree with you there. It's all about convenience for me and what you're using it for. A quality rip V0 mp3 through my Audio-Technica ATH-50x's through my laptop or phone works just fine for me. It's not like I'm listening to The London Philharmonic Orchestra in a $500 pair of headphones trying to hear ever detail in the music piece uncovered down to the cracking of the fingers as they strum across the strings of a harp.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I already know this. My PassThePopcorn got deleted as well years ago. I even went on the IRC channel and talked to one of the admins and admitted to it, but they still wouldn't reinstate it. It doesn't really matter about being careful. I don't have any private accounts anyway to get banned from. I mean, I suppose I still have my Waffles account.
    What kind of a person would go to the mods and rat out posters like that? I especially loved PassThePopcorn and I shared videos as well as downloaded. And this f#ck on ISH -- whoever it was -- completely ruined it.

I really wish I knew who it was, because they'd never post on here again as long as I'm a mod.