Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Brady vs Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    His team is absurdly stacked. Evans, Godwin, AB, Gronk, Fournette, dominant defense... I don't think there's a QB in the league that could screw that up.

And Cam Newton sucks. He's a quarterback that can't throw a football. He had that one year he could, and he got DESTROYED in the super bowl.
    Jameis Winston had the same team and threw for 30 picks lol. Went 7-9.

Also you guys watching games? Gronk is not that good. To put him in the same sentence as Evand Godwin and AB is hilarious

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller View Post
    Jameis Winston had the same team and threw for 30 picks lol. Went 7-9.

Also you guys watching games? Gronk is not that good. To put him in the same sentence as Evand Godwin and AB is hilarious
    Jameis Winston? Jameis Winston doesn't even play football anymore. He's a back up some where.

You just made the point.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Jameis Winston? Jameis Winston doesn't even play football anymore. He's a back up some where.

You just made the point.
    Jameis is likely the #2 to Brees. Taysom Hill is just a gadget QB. So yeah he still plays football and will likely get a chance again

Your point is idiotic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller View Post
    Jameis is likely the #2 to Brees. Taysom Hill is just a gadget QB. So yeah he still plays football and will likely get a chance again

Your point is idiotic.
    He's a 3rd string QB.

What?

>says any QB in the league could play well in tampa

>then backtracks when pointed out that players still in the league messed it up

>doesn’t realize that the 3rd strong QB in the Saints are the back ups due to Taysom Hill not being a true QB (Teddy Bridgewater being a prime example)

Oof

Brady is playing well but no one bumped this thread when Brady didn't know how many downs there were at the end of the game against the Bears. Why is that? Is it because you Brady worshippers need vindication?

Bucs have the best defense in the league. But wait, they aren't stacked!

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Brady is playing well but no one bumped this thread when Brady didn't know how many downs there were at the end of the game against the Bears. Why is that? Is it because you Brady worshippers need vindication?

Bucs have the best defense in the league. But wait, they aren't stacked!
    It's a good team around him, that's why he went there. Now please tell me which QB in NFL history was as good as Brady is right now at 43?

Being a Knicks fan I suppose you can't help but to argue with reality but I can't help but to wonder if you ever get tired of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    It's a good team around him, that's why he went there. Now please tell me which QB in NFL history was as good as Brady is right now at 43?

Being a Knicks fan I suppose you can't help but to argue with reality but I can't help but to wonder if you ever get tired of doing it.
    Are you a BB guy or Brady guy? Make up your mind. Me being a Knicks fan has nothing to do with football. I'm a Giants fan and they've shitted on Brady and Eli outclutched BB. I can't help but to wonder if you ever get tired of playing both sides.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Are you a BB guy or Brady guy? Make up your mind. Me being a Knicks fan has nothing to do with football. I'm a Giants fan and they've shitted on Brady and Eli outclutched BB. I can't help but to wonder if you ever get tired of playing both sides.
    Why wouldn't a Patriots fan be for both? If you get thr greatest QB and the greatest coach to lead your team to the greatest dynasty you should appreciate what you have.

I am aware that you are a Giants fan. Unfortunately for you your basketball team is the Knicks and to keep yourself watching a bit of self-delusion is required. I feel for you and an just hoping you can keep it to your analysis of that pathetic franchise. Don't let it spill over to football.

Belichick is the GOAT coach, but lol at him trying to trade Brady and keep Jimmy G. 49er fans are furious with him at the moment.

Brady is playing well but no one bumped this thread when Brady didn't know how many downs there were at the end of the game against the Bears.
    I mean he literally threw 5 tds the game before and the patriots still sucked at the time

Facts Are Misleading

1: Cam was released for a reason. He signed a measly contract for a reason. He isn't very good anymore.

2. When you downgrade from QB like the Pats did, it's going to hurt the record.

3. Patriots lost a lot of talent besides Brady. As has been pointed out by others. If you look at this roster as a whole, it's bottom 3 from a talent perspective.

4. Belichick has a boat load of money and a presumably high picks to craft the roster to his liking this off season. Bill's grade is incomplete until after next year.

If they continue to suck, Brady will ultimately have the bragging rights. A superbowl for Brady would be game over. For Brady, he's already the GOAT but that would basically make him untouchable for our lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    1: Cam was released for a reason. He signed a measly contract for a reason. He isn't very good anymore.

2. When you downgrade from QB like the Pats did, it's going to hurt the record.

3. Patriots lost a lot of talent besides Brady. As has been pointed out by others. If you look at this roster as a whole, it's bottom 3 from a talent perspective.

4. Belichick has a boat load of money and a presumably high picks to craft the roster to his liking this off season. Bill's grade is incomplete until after next year.

If they continue to suck, Brady will ultimately have the bragging rights. A superbowl for Brady would be game over. For Brady, he's already the GOAT but that would basically make him untouchable for our lifetimes.
    I agree with most of this. But I don't agree with your last sentences. Brady picked where he could go to, to have as his teammates. He is playing on a stacked team. If BB could pick where to go to coach, I'm sure he could push a 49ers team or a 5 others to the top. Brady winning it this year gives him bragging rights for a limited time. But BB has many many years left.

Both are goats, I know I'm an active participant in this thread but I wish it weren't made. I only got involved because I got sick of the Euroleague dude.

Facts Are Misleading

The narrative that they are stacked is a tricky one.

They have been perennial losers for years with this roster. If they don't get Brady they don't get Gronk, they don't get AB.

Looking at it logically, Godwin has been hurt a lot of the year. Evans has been banged up. Gronk took half the year to look like himself again.

Fully healthy, they have the best weapons in NFL. They haven't been healthy though.