Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31383940414243 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Playoffs Western Conference 1st Round: (1) GS Warriors v. (8) Portland T Blazers

Default Re: 2017 Playoffs Western Conference 1st Round: (1) GS Warriors v. (8) Portland T Blazers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Why can't you wait? The Warriors and Cavs had two really memorable series the last two years and, as little fun as I actually had watching the games with all the tension involved, I can honestly say that I respected the Warriors and what they represented.

But, this is not those Warriors and the idea that it might be considered a "trilogy" is ridiculous. This is a team that would have almost certainly been the title favorite this season prior to the second best player in the league joining them (followed by several other ring chasers).

They're like watching an All-Star team that actually practices and had a regular season together. They have four All-NBA players on their roster.

In other words, they should absolutely truck the competition, including the Cavs who look very much mentally and physically fatigued from two long Finals runs. But, the idea that winning a title with this team means as much as Jordan winning in Chicago or basically every other example? Nonsense.

I honestly believe the Warriors -- if they stayed healthy otherwise -- would win a championship this year without Durant. And, like I said, I consider him alone as the second best player in the league.

Watching games like this is fun to some, I guess. Not those of us who prize competition, though.

The Globetrotters exist for people that like this kind of thing.
    In the end, maybe. The gap talent wise between the Cavs and the rest of the East is bigger than that of the Warriors compared to the West though.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: 2017 Playoffs Western Conference 1st Round: (1) GS Warriors v. (8) Portland T Blazers

Why can't you wait? The Warriors and Cavs had two really memorable series the last two years and, as little fun as I actually had watching the games with all the tension involved, I can honestly say that I respected the Warriors and what they represented.

But, this is not those Warriors and the idea that it might be considered a "trilogy" is ridiculous. This is a team that would have almost certainly been the title favorite this season prior to the second best player in the league joining them (followed by several other ring chasers).

They're like watching an All-Star team that actually practices and had a regular season together. They have four All-NBA players on their roster.

In other words, they should absolutely truck the competition, including the Cavs who look very much mentally and physically fatigued from two long Finals runs. But, the idea that winning a title with this team means as much as Jordan winning in Chicago or basically every other example? Nonsense.

I honestly believe the Warriors -- if they stayed healthy otherwise -- would win a championship this year without Durant. And, like I said, I consider him alone as the second best player in the league.

Watching games like this is fun to some, I guess. Not those of us who prize competition, though.

The Globetrotters exist for people that like this kind of thing
    The irony coming from a Bransvestite.

You. Can't. Make. This. Shit. Up.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    The irony coming from a Bransvestite.

You. Can't. Make. This. Shit. Up.

Bronsexuals love inflated stats during meaningless games I don't get what he is saying.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    In the end, maybe. The gap talent wise between the Cavs and the rest of the East is bigger than that of the Warriors compared to the West though.
    I completely disagree and I believe it will play out that way. The Cavs will run into some trouble at some point in the East and Golden State will continue to skate through.

The Rockets and Spurs can't compete with this team, and that's saying something, because those teams are good. This Golden State team with Durant is making playoff games feel like exhibitions. Every game the Cavs played against the Pacers was competitive right to the end.

The Globetrotters exist for people that like this kind of thing.
    Why are lebald fans complaining about superteams?

NBA sixth man of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Only way Cavs can compete is if there D steps up but also they need everybody to play/shoot well.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

In other words, they should absolutely truck the competition[COLOR="Red"], including the Cavs who look very much mentally and physically fatigued from two long Finals runs.[/COLOR] But, the idea that winning a title with this team means as much as Jordan winning in Chicago or basically every other example? Nonsense.
    [COLOR="Red"]
    I honestly believe the Warriors -- if they stayed healthy otherwise -- would win a championship this year without Durant.
    [/COLOR] And, like I said, I consider him alone as the second best player in the league.

True...but you do Kinda contradict yourself a little with those two statements. Warriors are coming off two long finals runs too. And they had more grueling road in their conference as well especially last year.

But your right in that the dubs should steam roll. The caves on paper have three all NBA guys and Tristan Thompson as a wildcard, but they don't blend nearly as well as golden state does, and seem fat off their ring last year. It will take a crazy choke or injury for warriors to lose. As long as they just run their sets they should absolutely destroy clevelands porous defense.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    Why are lebald fans complaining about superteams?
    Hollywood couldn't write a more ironic and idiotic comedy.

What. A. Time.

Local High School Star

The Cavs have 3 all-stars, 1 of which is Lebron James. The Warriors have also had two long Finals runs and had did so through *significantly* tougher competition than the Cavs. The Cavs basically get a free pass to the Finals every year.

Those Bulls team had 3 Hall of Famers. They had 2 guys that were DPotY winners, and Pippin wasn't one of them. They were amongst the most stacked teams in history are easily the best two-way teams to ever take a court.

Sorry, but you're just blowing smoke.
    Last edited by comerb; 04-24-2017 at 11:20 PM.

DPOY gassd

Currys beard looks awful..

[COLOR=Teal]Chill Cavs fans, Portland aren't exactly world beaters.
    [/COLOR]

Just not fair, this team has 2 superstar players & 4 All-stars, all playing in their prime.

draymond is unbelievable. if he wasn't such a ****ing ugly buffoon, cocky son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]Chill Cavs fans, Portland aren't exactly world beaters.
    [/COLOR]
    True without Nuric Pacers are a better team than blazers are literally a 2 man team.