Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Bring on the Favorites! Round 2...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ies-count.html

[QUOTE]Dante Exum has been playing like a rookie, even though he isn

Chris Herring ✔ @Herring_NBA
    Never dawned on me how much more Utah seems to value player tenure than other clubs. Fact that Hayward & Favors are on front of building...
    Yeah considering Rudy has been the man for over two years it's a bit of a joke. Not surprising from this franchise though. Probably be the last time you see Favors face plastered anywhere though!

http://www.slcdunk.com/utah-jazz-art...t-kevin-durant

We have to build around a Hayward/Gobert foundation. These are two All Stars for years to come. Everyone else is replaceable.
    Secondary foundation would be Ingles/Exum/Hood. That would be our rotation players in a perfect world. Not starters at this point.

So if we can get a legit PF to play with Gobert(could be Lyles or Bolomboy). A legit PG that can distribute the ball and play good defense(could be Exum). And a good scoring 2 guard(could be Hood). We will be looking great for a long time.
    Ingles didn't look good at GS. He's 30. Not sure you keep him at this point unless it's a very team friendly deal. I'd look to unload Joe Johnson. Done nothing this series. Don't pick up Diaw's deal but sign him cheaply for an end of the bench role.

I'd try to pay Hill big next year with a team option for a 2nd. He was so good before he hurt the toe. That will be hard to replicate with anyone else I'm afraid. If it doesn't work out they'll have money to pay others.

Exum and Hood get to prove their worth one more year. Then they could be gone if they don't pick it up. Burks still has two years. They'll look to have him and Favors show they can still play early next year then unload them after December especially Favors since he's in the last year of his deal.

I think Neto could be a solid back-up it just won't be in Utah where he isn't appreciated. Lyles is their youngest guy so their is still hope but because of Bolomboy he may have become expendable.

Mack and Withey are gone though if Hill leaves and they can't find anyone else I'd keep Mack. Got to have a vet pg.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 05-08-2017 at 10:48 AM.

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/05/07...jazz-just-yet/

It was estimated that the Utah Jazz lost a league-leading nine games to injury this past regular season, and if you add nine wins to their 51 win season, it would have been a 60 win season, which screams contender in my mind.
    This series shows they are a long ways from a contender. Maybe if Hill, Favors and Hood were healthy or they'd spent their cap space and exception but that's not the case and it won't be the case next year either because they won't have that money anymore.

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/05/07...his-offseason/

[QUOTE] how nice would it have been to be able to have an elite defender like Jimmy Butler in the mix to also throw at Durant and force him to adjust? With defense as Utah

http://hoopshabit.com/2017/05/05/uta...ywards-future/

Hayward is the key to the future for the Jazz.

[QUOTE]It

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/05/08...continues-air/

With Gordon Hayward holding the top spot on the priority list and poised to ink a deal (with Utah or elsewhere) richer than any in Jazz history, a near-max contract for Hill could be hard to swing, especially if they want to retain key support players like Joe Ingles and Rodney Hood in the long term.
    Ingles didn't look like someone I'd be paying a lot for in Oakland and Hood has another year. If they think a healthy Hill can play anywhere near the way he did in November and they feel he can remain relatively healthy he should be the #2 priority. I'd think if anything his injuries will bring his price down. I'd look to sign him to a big sum for next year with a team option. They can afford it next year and if it doesn't work out they have the money for Hood, Exum etc. if needed.

[QUOTE]For example, Hill has long been a favorite of San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who once said trading the point guard (for Kawhi Leonard) was the most difficult thing he

[QUOTE]Josh Lewenberg: As far as I

[QUOTE]The Jazz fans want him back, and so they whooped and hollered Hayward

[QUOTE]Rudy Gobert: So proud of what we have accomplished through adversity this year. Excited for the future and for our fans! We

[QUOTE]Tony Jones: Rodney Hood will receive an MRI

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/jazz-f...041034481.html

They are still a few pieces away from being able to compete with Golden State and the other teams in the West’s top tier.
    What other teams? Maybe the Spurs. Rockets don't scare me. I think they may have had a great series with the Spurs though. George Hill from November and GS may have gotten a scare too. Rather they are going to be able to afford to put a team around the big two now is the question.

I'm thinking pay Hill big next year with maybe a partial guarantee/team option for the 2nd year. Might make sense for him too with all his injuries. Have a chance to prove his worth again. Jazz will have flexibility to keep him or move on with Exum, Hood etc. Ingles may have to go. Not sure there is a better fit out there at the 1 than Hill.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44178434&nid...complete-sweep

I'll also say that his defense was largely very good, too. He stayed out of foul trouble, and used his length in ways that the other Jazz point guards aren't capable of. He's still a little bit slow around screens, which necessitates switches, but he did a nice job.
    Other pg's not named Hill you mean. Let's not forget they have a guy in the D-league who is only a year older with similar length and a better handle who will be ready to take his job for less pay if he doesn't get better this summer.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44177703&nid...-win-over-jazz

George Hill missed his third consecutive game with a left big toe sprain after being a game-time decision. Mack started in his place. The injury has lingered throughout the season and kept the ninth-year veteran from 16 regular-season games. The Jazz were 18-15 during the regular season when Hill missed games.
    Maybe he should have been held out until he was 100%? Same with Favors and Hood?