Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: The 2017 off-season...Hayward, Hill, Ingles...?

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/5322788...k-favors-still

The Jazz then may have to dole out significant money to unrestricted free agent point guard George Hill and restricted free agent shooting guard Joe Ingles, as well.

With Dante Exum and Rodney Hood also eligible for possible contract extensions, things could quickly get quite expensive for the Jazz.
    Love Joe but he has to go unless Hayward insists on it or he somehow doesn't get paid big bucks. Hood and Exum have to prove they deserve to get paid still. Hood has to some degree. I see 6th man. He sees starter. That could be a problem until he realizes it. But Exum is at best a young end of the bench guy with potential.

Favors and Prather have done the math. They know the possibility of a trade exists this summer or at the trade deadline next February.
    Between December and the deadline seem more likely. He could be a valuable trade asset once he shows he's healthy since he is still eligible for an extension. There's still a chance they keep him if they think they can impose their will on other teams playing big against them instead of going small like everyone else
    Favors is entering the final year of a team-friendly contract that will pay him $12 million in 2017-2018.
    Hardly team friendly this year!

Favors was eligible for a renegotiation and extension of his contract this past season, but the two sides never came close to a deal.
    Hard to believe!

They can keep him and hope he returns to previous form, which would increase his value by next February.
    I think that's the best option even if it means a big change to the line-up mid season which isn't ideal

"That's the one way I can see Derrick staying long-term," Prather said. "If Gordon leaves, Derrick becomes much more important."
    Possibly but it may be even more reason to trade him. The Jazz will be resetting. Doubt they'd sign Hill or Ingles though I'd still try to get George

Favors is working out in Atlanta
    instead of Utah. That might say a lot

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ill-trade.html

Hill opts to go to the highest bidder
    Don't see him going to the Nets or any crappy team

[QUOTE]Chris Paul, Kyle Lowry and Jrue Holiday

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/05/23...season-review/

Hardly a mention of the playoffs where he went from very good to a pay anything you can to keep him player.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44361104&nid...ahs-kyle-kuzma

Perrin agreed with that assessment of his shot, and added, "I thought Kyle had a very good workout. Kyle was by far the best player in this workout."
    He's certainly on the radar now

Frank Jackson is scheduled to work out for the Jazz on Saturday, May 27, KSL.com has learned.
    The Lone Peak two I guess. Mika and Jackson

http://www.slcdunk.com/2017/5/23/156...-miller-family

I think a statue of Jerry Sloan is in order.
    Doesn't deserve it. Had great players and a boss that wouldn't fire him no matter what. Longevity doesn't get you statues. They already watered down the retired jerseys with Frank and Eaton. Keep the statues for all-time greats.

[QUOTE]I

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/05/23...ard-utah-jazz/

[QUOTE]free agent options for the Spurs, Leroux mentions none other than Utah

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/05/23...d-market-thin/

[QUOTE]I alluded to the hope that Derrick Favors will be able to round back into form and solve at least some of the power forward issues, but that I don

[QUOTE]Adam Zagoria: Teams considering Kentucky

Looking at the current free agent list since it looks like the Jazz will be buyers with a lot of cap space and a willing tax spender. Need to be able to play with and without the ball, shoot the 3, pass, set screens and defend. Not sure all of these guys do all of these things but they all shoot the 3!

Bojan Bogdanovic-maybe not much D but can spread the floor and put the ball on the floor as well. Hits free throws which the Jazz certainly need more of. Favors back-up to start the year. Maybe Bolomboy starts once Favors is traded depending on what the trade brings back or what Trey Lyles shows. Restricted but Washington has Wall and Porter to pay first. Might be able to steal him.

Vince Carter still hitting the 3! Not sure where he fits unless he just wants to be part of a championship contender at the end of the bench

Casspi- He's been talked about before. Looks like a fit offensively. Back up Hayward and play some small ball 4

Ian Clark- Maybe back-up George Hill or at least an end of the bench piece? Hits 3's now like the Jazz hoped for when they signed him. Rudy was close with him I believe too. Bring him back home?

Covington- Looks like a possible fit but has a team option and did play big minutes for them but with Simmons and more draft picks do they pay him? 3 and D? Hits free throws. Back-up Favors and maybe start if he's traded.

Dante Cunningham- He's hitting the 3 now. Might be a great fit. Back-up Favors and Hayward maybe? Player option. I'm guessing he doesn't make much. Could be in line for a big deal now that he hits the 3

Tyler Ennis-Hits 3's, free throws, gets assists. Not sure if he's a combo or what but not yet 23. Could be someone to target hard.

Tyreke Evans- Could be a good fit for right price. Lots of injuries. Be wary.

Gallinari- Not sure about D and it looks like he is probably staying in Denver but if he wants to be part of a top 3 team He could start in Utah and play a huge role. Hits free throws

Galloway. Player option. Looks like a possible fit. Good fit age wise with their young core of Gobert and Hayward. hits free throws

Pao Gasol - sounds like he's staying in SA but he could be a great fit obviously especially now that he's shooting 3's

Gay- Not sure he really fits but coming off an injury maybe he accepts a bench role to prove his worth for a team friendly price. hits free throws

Jerami Grant- team option and I think they like him- could be a good fit though. hits free throws

JaMychal Green- Restricted. Probably be hard to get him but he should be high on the list. hits free throws

Griffin ETO Should be high on the list if the Clipps blow it up. Great fit offensively. injuries the past 3 years though. hits free throws

Kris Humprhries - now hits the 3. hits free throws. Might be a great end for end of the bench option anyway. Bring him back home!

Ibaka - should be high on the list. hits free throws

Ersan Ilyasova - back up Favors. hits free throws

Jonas Jerebko - possible fit. at least for the end of the bench

Amir Johnson - could be great fit. back-up Favors. Possibly starter if he's traded

James Johnson- might be hard to get away from Miami but should try

Korver - not sure he's the best fit. Yes he can shoot but not much else. Jazz have versatile guys

Joffrey Lauvergne- possible back-up for Rudy and Favors? at least the end of the bench. restricted

Liggins - team option. could be a fit. at least the end of the bench possible 3 and D?

Lowry- not the best fit

Mbah A Moute, Luc- I'd go after him- 3 and d. Not sure how Hayward feels but depending on who you can get in free agency I'd think of moving Hayward to the 4 especially if Favors gets moved. player option

Mclemore - might be a fit for an end of the bench development role. restricted

Meeks- might be a fit for the end of the bench. recent injury history hits FT's

CJ Miles-Bring him back home! great fit now. hits FT's. player option

Patty Mills - My Aussie for pg if Hill is gone. Could start in Utah and have a bigger role though he might in SA too with Parker out, Hits FT's

Millsap! My guy before this Gobert character. One of the top guys, Do it!

Morrow - good end of the bench shooter. hits FT's

Motiejunas, Donatas if he's cheap maybe

Muscala Rudy back-up? hits ft's

Olynyk - perfect fit offensively. passing and shooting. defense? restricted

Patterson - might be available with Toronto looking possibly at big tax bill. back-up

Porter - someone they should target hard but might be for not. restricted

Redick great fit for bench. will get too much money from someone

Roberts - might be a good get for the end of the bench hits FT's

Rodriquez - someone I think Jerry would have liked. Not sure he fits as well currently but should be able to because of his European game. D?

Rush - Might be a fit now that he's recovered from his knee surgery

Scola - always liked him and now he hits 3's! D?

Scott - a fit if the Jazz can get past his arrest that he was non guilty of. hits ft's

Snell - restricted. probably not getting him. hits ft's

Speights, Marreese should be high on their list for Rudy's back-up. player option

Teague - played in Atlanta but not the best fit. hits ft's

Terry - can still shoot. hits ft's. Once a restricted FA signing for the Jazz. better late than never?

Waiters - player option. Not sure if he's the best fit or not based on his part history. looks like he may have finally arrived though

Deron. Not sure he is the best fit really though I like the idea of him coming back

Nick Young on paper this year looks like a fit, Not sure Utah is ready for Swaggy though

I'd be surprised if they sign any NBA player not from this list. If they do it will be because they could get these guys.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/5325856...jazz-influence

Collins is doing his part, just as he always did for eight seasons as a Jazz center. He's well remembered by teammates and coaches, who appreciated him beyond his 4.3-point scoring average in 480 games from 2001 to 2009. That's why he was No. 41 in The Salt Lake Tribune's all-time rankings of New Orleans/Utah Jazz players in '09 and would remain solidly inside of the top 50 on an updated list.
    Pretty sure I could come up with 50 ahead of him.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/vertic...204544892.html

Wonder if this Jeanne guy is even on their radar. A few mocks have them taking him. Not sure they need another Rudy

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/05/24...ns-d-j-wilson/

Wilson injured his quad during a workout with the San Antonio Spurs earlier this month. The only team that was able to see him full-bore before the injury was the Jazz, who had him in for a workout on April 29.
    That works in their favor if they really made him a promise. Room for him, Lyles and Bolomboy on the roster? He should be about the same age as Lyles too.

[QUOTE]With strong measurables

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/05/24...tate-warriors/

If I had to cite a singular time or event that spawned my Warriors hatred, this is it. The infamous Golden State Tank Job of 2012. One of the more shameful examples of a long-hated practice in NBA circles.
    Funny! The Jazz were the 6th best team to end the 2015 season yet were worse last year. They might not be as good at tanking or drafting in the lottery as the Warriors but they still haven't fully stopped tanking to my eyes!

[QUOTE]The wing, who had an extremely impressive 2016-17 season, is currently a restricted free agent, with the teams across the league able to give him an offer sheet, which the Utah Jazz are allowed to match. Because of his free agency status, the Jazz

Garry Parrish: Hamidou Diallo is withdrawing from the NBA Draft and returning to Kentucky, a source told @CBSSports.