Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Serious playground baller
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    A league where Anthony Randolph dominates? Let me guess Hilton Armstrong average 30 ppg in this league.
    Blatant ignorance of the concept of European bball here...

    Randolph doesn't dominate by any stretch of imagination... He was placed in a position where he can be effective (starting SF) and make the most of his abilities.

    He's a very good player and a missing link in Slovenia's team, which is not deep, again, by any stretch of imagination. But they have great chemistry, a great coach and two players that are exceptional leaders in Dragic and Doncic.

    Spain is much, much better talent wise, but they are washed up and seem not to care.

    Props to Slovenia.

  2. #17
    Serious playground baller
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Doncic will be an elite NBA point guard. If he keeps growing (which most germanic/nordic haplotypes do until 21-23), he might be the next oversized point guard superstar. Hard to believe he is this incredibly able to read defenses and make perfect decisions almost everytime at 18.
    He's done growing, 6-8 in shoes.

    He reminds of Bodiroga (in inch smaller, way better shooter), his game is perfect for FIBA ball, but lacks athleticism for being a star in the NBA.

    But everything else is there, the shooting, passing and rebounding, insane IQ and leadership, not just for a 18-year old.

    The guy's a monster in his head, a coach's dream and leader of men.

    His ceiling is questionable due to lack of athleticism (still good though) and position, not a true PG, SG or SF, but rather jack of all trades.

    Would draft him in a heartbeat though.

  3. #18
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,921

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Nikka you ain't gotta lie to kick it.

    This American mercenary scored 52 points in the knockout games, the most in the team while shooting a ridiculous 71% FG with 20/30 on 2 FG and mindfreaking unbelievable 9/11 (80%) on his 3 ball.

    And he does not speak any word of Slovene.
    Despite all of the stats you posted, in most important games both Dragič and Dončič were more important and impactfull than Randolph and were carrying the team to the W. Anyone who watched the games will tell you that.

    So if you have 2 players on your team who carry the team and are more important to get the win than you, you don't really ''dominate''. Also, I doubt you watched the games. I rest my case.

  4. #19
    Dunking on everybody in the park
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    679

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    I think Randolph over Doncic is arguable when you factor in the defense. I love Doncic but right now he's not defending good enough to be viewed better than Randolph imho. But he'll get better at it when his body matures.

    It's true though - Randolph didn't dominate. He isn't even the best player on that team. However, he's a very important piece.

  5. #20
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,921

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    that game against latvia was insane.. this doncic kid was scoring curry range 3-pointers with the game on the line.. had porzingis on skates couple of times.. one of the best 18yo ive ever seen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-_3IP_2YPY


    Yep, great game for him. He's not afraid of the moment either.

  6. #21
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,921

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Quote Originally Posted by iznogood
    I think Randolph over Doncic is arguable when you factor in the defense. I love Doncic but right now he's not defending good enough to be viewed better than Randolph imho. But he'll get better at it when his body matures.

    It's true though - Randolph didn't dominate. He isn't even the best player on that team. However, he's a very important piece.
    He also scored less than Randolph against Spain, but he was 2 assists shy of a triple double. With his overrall game he's easily more impactfull and more important for this Slovene team than Randolph...

  7. #22
    Dunking on everybody in the park
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    679

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    I don't agree there. I think he's an amazing talent, but his role is not nearly as important as Randolph. Randolph is the only stretch 4 on the team that also provides excellent helpe and man defense. Doncic is a liability, especially against other wings on the block.

  8. #23
    5-time NBA All-Star kurple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,353

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    A league where Anthony Randolph dominates? Let me guess Hilton Armstrong average 30 ppg in this league.
    league? this is the eurocup. not a league

  9. #24
    NBA rookie of the year
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,306

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    The Dragon and Doncic best 1-2 punch in this tournament. Absolutely dominant.

  10. #25
    LOL Maker, Intraweb Ass Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Dry An@l Rapist of Wack
    Posts
    3,408

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Melania used that FLOTUS swag.

    Spain cannot match Randolph's athleticism.

  11. #26
    "3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ricky's manbun
    Posts
    1,761

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Quote Originally Posted by CuhGetsBucks
    This happens in FIFA too who cares
    Do you understand context or do you just blindly jump on posts that bother you ?


    It's worth mentioning because people may be mislead into believing that Slovenia produces top level basketball talent, when outside of Dragic that isn't the case (unless this Doncic guy amounts to anything but that has yet to be seen)

  12. #27
    why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    with Rondo
    Posts
    7,834

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    This slovenian team would be one of my favorites if only Anthony Randolph didn't play there.

  13. #28
    Good college starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Despite all of the stats you posted, in most important games both Dragič and Dončič were more important and impactfull than Randolph and were carrying the team to the W. Anyone who watched the games will tell you that.

    So if you have 2 players on your team who carry the team and are more important to get the win than you, you don't really ''dominate''. Also, I doubt you watched the games. I rest my case.
    Did you say impact

    In knockout games

    Doncic + 51
    Randolph + 50
    Dragic + 45

    NBA reject from the hood getting it done as a mercenary and he probably did not know Slovenia even existed until he got hired.

    Slovenia dig him from obscurity and will erect a statue for him.

    Anthony Randolphivic

  14. #29
    I usually hit open layups
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    Do you understand context or do you just blindly jump on posts that bother you ?


    It's worth mentioning because people may be mislead into believing that Slovenia produces top level basketball talent, when outside of Dragic that isn't the case (unless this Doncic guy amounts to anything but that has yet to be seen)
    For country that size, they produce amazing talent - Nesterovic, Brezec, Udrih, Nachbar, Milic, Dragic brothers, Lorbek, now Doncic... just to name players that played NBA or NCAA.... and not to mention Vilfan , Zdovc or Daneu

  15. #30
    Good college starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default Re: A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

    Quote Originally Posted by kkb_12
    For country that size, they produce amazing talent - Nesterovic, Brezec, Udrih, Nachbar, Milic, Dragic brothers, Lorbek, now Doncic... just to name players that played NBA or NCAA.... and not to mention Vilfan , Zdovc or Daneu
    Amazing talent

    More like soft like Charmin scrubs

    Dragic is the only one worth mentioning about

    Compton with a population of 97 K produces more noteworthy players
    Last edited by Rooster; 09-16-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •