Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: MVP & DPOY 2017 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    You said it has "nothing to do with last year"

I was telling you if you think the Packers are good it has to be based on last year, because the last we saw them this year was getting their asses kicked.
    missing two starting lineman and their top wr, playing against the NFC champion

ok

My point is it shouldn't really factor into a wager on Matt Stafford
    Wins for a qb heavily play into the MVP award, lets not kid ourselves.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    missing two starting lineman and their top wr, playing against the NFC champion

ok
    ok....so you are basing your judgement of them on previous years then correct?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    Wins for a qb heavily play into the MVP award, lets not kid ourselves.
    I understand wins matter...my point is that we do not yet know if the Lions have it easy or hard compared to the rest of the NFL. It is a certainty that at least some NFL teams are currently being falsely perceived and also a certainty that injuries will affect the landscape.

What NFL Power rankings look like now, and what they look like at the end of the year will be very different. Some good teams will hold their ground, some will not.

And winning their opener against a playoff team, retention of key pieces, having top 3 qb.

I understand wins matter...my point is that we do not yet know if the Lions have it easy or hard compared to the rest of the NFL. It is a certainty that at least some NFL teams are currently being falsely perceived and also a certainty that injuries will affect the landscape.

What NFL Power rankings look like now, and what they look like at the end of the year will be very different. Some good teams will hold their ground, some will not.
    i get that too. and this has nothing to do how the lions SOS matches up to the rest of the league. the teams i listed will be tough games for the lions to win based on how teams look right now. if they can't win those games, then stafford won't have a shot at the mvp pretty much regardless of the stats he puts up

Stafford's odds are at 5/1 btw

not 50/1

Vegas has him tied with Brady/Rodgers for the lead...all 5/1

Per Bovada:

Brady: 5/1
    Rodgers: 5/1
    Stafford: 5/1
    Carr: 9/1
    Ryan: 10/1
    Winston: 10/1
    Smith: 20/1
    Wilson: 20/1
    Hunt: 25/1
    Bell: 33/1
    Mariota: 33/1
    Prescott: 33/1
    Roethlisberger: 33/1
    Wentz: 33/1
    Brown: 50/1
    Elliot: 50/1
    Newton: 50/1

Of those 'long shot' bets I like Hunt and Smith...I also Ryan at 10/1

Siemian not even listed...I'd take him as a long shot too...maybe you could get in at 100/1 for him or something

Decent college freshman Charlie Sheen's Avatar

I have a question for you.

If the Giants miraculously turn this around and end up with 10 wins, why should the shit version the Cowboys and Lions abused boost strength of schedule at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    I have a question for you.

If the Giants miraculously turn this around and end up with 10 wins, why should the shit version the Cowboys and Lions abused boost strength of schedule at the end of the season?
    yeah that too...week 1 Giants =/= week 17 Giants

I think it is almost pointless to look at SoS

Maybe toward the end of the year it becomes meaningful...but right now at week 2? there is little point in trying to figure out who's schedule is the hardest...in my opinion anyway. Shit changes week to week in this league.

Also...as of right now there are only a handful of teams that I would label as 'easy wins'...Jets, Colts w/o Luck, Browns, maybe a couple others. Every team has a hard road, and whoever wins MVP will have beaten hard competition.

Stafford's odds are at 5/1 btw

not 50/1

Vegas has him tied with Brady/Rodgers for the lead...all 5/1
    i guess i was looking at foreign sports books, where staffords odds are varied depending on what site you are looking at. i thought 50/1 seemed like the average based on this aggregator.

https://www.oddschecker.com/american...lar-season-mvp

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

1. Tom Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    1. Tom Brady
    Will always be number 1

Brady better get it this year. No more freaking bullshit excuses like last year's total bullshit of, "you can't win MVP if you play 12 games".

He was robbed last year, and he clearly is MVP so far this year. They better not rob him again.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Carbine, you should do a ROY for O/D too. This years class looks great. Especially the RBs. My boy Cohen has proven to be a HUGE steal.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Brady better get it this year. No more freaking bullshit excuses like last year's total bullshit of, "you can't win MVP if you play 12 games".

He was robbed last year, and he clearly is MVP so far this year. They better not rob him again.
    He wasn't robbed last year. There was another quarterback who had an amazing season. Matt Ryan was the MVP and VERY deservedly so.

Brady is the favorite right now though for sure.

After him I'd honestly have to look at Stafford. 8 game winning drives last year, could have had another against a very very good team today. He's legit and I think people are starting to take notice. If they win the division and 10/11 games he'd be tough to ignore.

Derek Carr is 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

3 games into the season and he's clearly the MVP already??? How is he clearly when he got whooped week 1 at home?

Stay delusional.

Undefeated

KAREEM HUNT IS CLEARLY THE MVP.

Best RB in the game.

Leader in yards, touchdowns, and YPC.