Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
    In It to Win It

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by elz
    agreed Except on Duncan
    He may not be toned but I've heard tons of players talk about how strong Duncan is. Durant doesn't need to bulk up. I recall Penny Hardaway doing the same thing and the following season he was much slower and lost some of his shooting touch. He needs to get strong enough to hold his own but not bigger. Besides there's not as many bulky giants in the league anymore. I never thought Camby was gonna be able to play center but he has and done a fairly good job. If he can play Center Durant is just fine at Small forward!
    You bring up a good point. Jamal Crawford, Tyson Chandler, Allen Iverson, Marcus Camby, Luke Ridnour, Andrei Kirilenko, and Rashard Lewis are examples of the successful rail-thin NBA players. Durant shouldn't have a problem at all. Plus Ivesron plays SG, Camby plays C (they play bigger positions than their weight). Durant is only going to be a SF. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Local High School Star

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

big deal, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Whats more pathetic Durant not lifting 185 once or everyone making topics about how the Cavs can beat the Spurs? I think if you read the first 3 pages you'll start disliking everyone being attention whores because they want you to look up under thier skirt (read thier enlightening thoughts on how the cavs can beat the spurs) more than Durant not being able to bench 185.

And honestly? In Durants defense if he never lifted a weight or used the bench in his life or even sparringly. There is no way he can just sit on the bench and push 185 off his chest just because he is tall and can play basketball. Lifting weights isnt exactly easy....not many are born strong. Most begginners when they first start lifting off the bench cant even bench thier own weight. So if he left high school not ever using the weight room (if they had one) or he didnt really target lifting 185 or better when he did. Then expecting him in college to hit the gym and start pushing 185 off his chest 8 times is reaching. When you're avg a double double in college having a phenominal season...chances of you being FORCED to weight train isnt likely. So until we know how Texas bball program incorporates weight training and how important it is there....then we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Him not lifting 185 just means he needs to get stronger. So get over it. Nash probably is a weakling.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo View Post
    This is really pathetic, and a major cause for concern in my opinion.

The guy is going to be a serious defensive liability. How will he keep any four off the block? How will he keep any three off the block for that matter? He probably bailed himself out with his height in college, now I see him being terribly exposed. Add to that his slow feet and it is a really interesting dilemma.

The last player I remember not benching the minimum was Shaun Livingston and look how he has turned out. Injury after injury (not having stength leads to injury) and SL was point guard. Durant will have to guard bigger stronger players.

Maybe he is a natural scorer and a gamer with a high bball IQ, but so was Adam Morrison and look how he made the jump (yikes).

Did this news drop your opinion of Durant's star potential in your mind as it did mine? I could be overvaluing this result and Durant could end up doing just what he did in college (dominating), but we could also have the next Brad Sellers on our hands.

The guy is going to be a serious defensive liability. How will he keep any four off the block? How will he keep any three off the block for that matter? He probably bailed himself out with his height in college, now I see him being terribly exposed. Add to that his slow feet and it is a really interesting dilemma.

The last player I remember not benching the minimum was Shaun Livingston and look how he has turned out. Injury after injury (not having stength leads to injury) and SL was point guard. Durant will have to guard bigger stronger players.

Maybe he is a natural scorer and a gamer with a high bball IQ, but so was Adam Morrison and look how he made the jump (yikes).

Did this news drop your opinion of Durant's star potential in your mind as it did mine? I could be overvaluing this result and Durant could end up doing just what he did in college (dominating), but we could also have the next Brad Sellers on our hands.
    Fullcourt's original insidehoops account. one of the dumbest posts in Insidehoops History.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 01-05-2022 at 03:04 AM.

Banned

Good thing Durant's chosen sport is basketball then, and not weightlifting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Fullcourt's original insidehoops account. one of the dumbest posts in Insidehoops History.
    Wow, you're an idiot lol. I hadn't even heard of ISH back then. Try again, genius.

And Durant is still better than Brony.

Banned

I'm flattered. The Bronies are going back 15 years to try to find an "alt" for me. I must make them cry themselves to sleep at night, and I find it amusing.

Oden > KD

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

So what, Mr Fonzworthless cant do it either all that means are both are weak bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    I always knew he was low IQ and now it has been confirmed. Thank you Louie.

Dunking on everybody in the park expansionera's Avatar

Lebron could do this in High School literally dozens of times, no wonder he’s seamlessly transitioned to center in his 19th year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEpower23 View Post
    So what, Mr Fonzworthless cant do it either all that means are both are weak bitches

I always knew he was low IQ and now it has been confirmed. Thank you Louie.
    Another Brony who I made go into a meltdown.

Unlike you and your ilk, I don't need an alt to hide behind. Keep digging, cupcake.