Why do you say that?
    The Jets traded #6 overall, #37 overall, #49 overall...and 2019 2nd rounder

For Colts #3 overall

Decent college freshman Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    The Jets traded #6 overall, #37 overall, #49 overall...and 2019 2nd rounder

For Colts #3 overall
    Yeah... I saw the trade, but why a robbery? The Jets have been picking hackenbergs and pettys which hasn't worked out so well for them either. This trade guarantees them a top prospect QB. How else were they going to get one of those after missing out on free agency?

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Yeah... I saw the trade, but why a robbery? The Jets have been picking hackenbergs and pettys which hasn't worked out so well for them either. This trade guarantees them a top prospect QB. How else were they going to get one of those after missing out on free agency?
    Take Mayfield at #6 (best QB in this draft) and then keep your plethora of 2nd rounders which have extreme value.

I mean, I suppose it is possible they are after Mayfield here...and got inside info that he won't make it to #6.

It would have to be they think Browns want Mayfield at #4...which is very possible...and in that case, okay Jets did what they had to do.

What happens if a team like the Bills made the trade with the Colts instead? The Jets are showing up to the draft with their pants down.

Facts Are Misleading

Prime has no clue as usual

Facts Are Misleading

We got about 600 pts in surplus value with this trade.

It blows the water off any trade up as far as surplus value goes since the RG3 trade.

Jets better hit on this or they're gonna feel it on the depth of their roster over these next few years.

You say I have no clue them go on to repeat what I said...lol

Gonna laugh hard if a QB needy team moved up to #2 then both Rosen & Darnold are gone by the time the Jets pick at 3.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Gonna laugh hard if a QB needy team moved up to #2 then both Rosen & Darnold are gone by the time the Jets pick at 3.
    Huh? over in that other thread you were trying to convince people Barkley was #1 draft prospect this year and nothing wrong with picking him #1 overall ahead of a QB. Now it's laughable if he's sitting there for the Jets at 3?

Facts Are Misleading

Jets have huge grades on three QBs most likely and are good with either. Probably Rosen darnold and allen.

As much as I want Chubb or barkley to fall at 6 it would be even better if Mayfield is there and we have a bidding war between miami buffalo and Arizona to move up and take the last of the high level qb prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Huh? over in that other thread you were trying to convince people Barkley was #1 draft prospect this year and nothing wrong with picking him #1 overall ahead of a QB. Now it's laughable if he's sitting there for the Jets at 3?
    I said that before the Jets trade. Taking Barkley #1 would have been smart because the Colts wouldn't take a QB which guarantees either Darnold or Rosen to Cleveland at #4. I have since said in the other thread it's most likely the Browns take a QB #1 now that the Jets moved up to #3 and it's possible Barkley falls to #4 to Cleveland.

And it's pretty obvious the Jets made that trade to land a QB, that is their intention here. This move is gonna end up backfiring on them if they don't land either Darnold or Rosen.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I said that before the Jets trade. Taking Barkley #1 would have been smart because the Colts wouldn't take a QB which guarantees either Darnold or Rosen to Cleveland at #4. I have since said in the other thread it's most likely the Browns take a QB #1 now that the Jets moved up to #3 and it's possible Barkley falls to #4 to Cleveland.

And it's pretty obvious the Jets made that trade to land a QB, that is their intention here. This move is gonna end up backfiring on them if they don't land either Darnold or Rosen.
    I'm an idiot. Didn't look to see you'd posted after the trade.

Are you going to laugh if Rosen and Darnold don't go 1 and 2 now? What do you see in those two that sets them so far apart from Mayfield? Height? I like Rosen, but the truth is the only thing I can tell you about him that I like more than the other QB's in this draft... I've watched him play more. I wouldn't just throwaway Josh Allen as a bust either. Pete Prisco been talking him up with just as high of a grade as anyone else in this drat.

He don't care if his followers disagree
    https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/969688473916538881

Michael Roupe
    ‏ @MichaelRRoupe
    Mar 4

But while on the field can he consistently fit it into tight windows with anticipation. . . No
    1 reply 0 retweets 1 like
    Pete Prisco
    ‏Verified account @PriscoCBS
    Mar 4

Ok since you know so much from your living room probably having watched him twice on tv

This is why I follow him on twitter. He'll give it to his colleagues when he disagrees with them too. To the point and funny. https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/973918920724840448
    [QUOTE]
    Pete Prisco
    ‏Verified account @PriscoCBS

Pete Prisco Retweeted Danny Kanell

Yeah, OK

Pete Prisco added,
    Danny Kanell
    Verified account @dannykanell
    When it

As a Raider fan I'm hoping Denver takes Josh Allen #5.

Not a big a fan of his at all, only thing he has going for him is his rocket arm and size, he is EXTREMELY raw as a QB, only 56 comp% in college, he will get drafted in the first round based off his potential, but I wouldn't touch him.

Very similar prospect to Paxton Lynch, Lynch was a 1st round pick back in 2016 for the Broncos and he is still riding the bench.