Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: How will people remember T-Mac when his career is over?

T-Mac's an above-average defender if some of you don't know. In fact, this year, McGrady averaged more than him in both steals and blocks. From the past, it's a bit of a up and down situation, so we can call it about equal.
    Last edited by Fudge; 06-09-2007 at 06:52 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    rondo is the better playmaker.. rondo will be a player hes got crazy passing skills.
    Yeah he probably will be next year but this year thats what he avg. and thats what Alston avg. see how T-mac avg. more than Pierce with someone else averaging more than Pierce on his team. I conclude that
    T-mac is a playmaker. Not just with #s watch the way they play. Both are great at it but T-mac is just better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    T-Macs a above-average defender if some of you don't know. In fact, this year, McGrady averaged more than him in both steals and blocks. From the past, it's abit of a up and down situation, so we can call it about equal.
    Completely agree.

Learning to shoot layups

kobe lite

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Paul Pierce is hella underrated. only because his team isn't very good and still young. Whereas T-Mac is currently on a playoff team, but has achieved little success with it so far.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

You know at one point Tracy McGrady was being compared to Kobe, at another point he was considered a top 5 player in the league and I thought he was one of the best SG/SF in the league but I was wrong. He has the best center in the league in Yao and can't even take his team pass the first round specially those new kiddos on the block (Utah)... wat a shame i will always remenber him as a crying baby. He almost promised that he was gonna get to the second round, etc

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

although i agree tmac is a slightly superior player, pierce is ranked higher and had a better career, simple as that.

Tmac has loads more natural talent and a more gifted basketball body. But Pierce has heart.....

Quote Originally Posted by beau_boy04
    You know at one point Tracy McGrady was being compared to Kobe, at another point he was considered a top 5 player in the league and I thought he was one of the best SG/SF in the league but I was wrong. He has the best center in the league in Yao and can't even take his team pass the first round specially those new kiddos on the block (Utah)... wat a shame i will always remenber him as a crying baby. He almost promised that he was gonna get to the second round, etc

Firstly Utah is better than Houston. Yao isn't all that great the only reason he is the best center in the league is because that position is so weak.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

T-Mac just relies on his jumpshot too damn much. If he would drive more he'd be much more effective. I would have to say though that I enjoyed watching him this year more than any other. He's become a great passer and facilitator--yes better than Pierce.

Local High School Star

If he doesn't make it past the First Round and doesn't get 1 championship, he will be remembered as a Kobe wannabe.

But that's because I don't like T-Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by beau_boy04

He didn't promise nothing, tard. He clearly said that IF they lose, it's on him. That's far from a promise as you may consider.

Best Center in the league in Yao? You got that right. Look at the others around them. Look closely at the suporting cast, specificallly at the rest of the starting line-up. Look at Jeff Van Gundy, their bench for crying out loud. Can you see it? Hope so. One of the worst formula's in the league probably. JVG + Any Roster = Not a playoff contender.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease BlackMoses's Avatar

He will be remembered the same way Alex English is remembered.

You cannot fully dictate how one will be percieved by the general public and his basketball peers once his career comes to a final conclusion for the sole fact that he's still very much an active player within the league. Although this topic might not be overly far fetched considering T-Mac has been quoted on retiring early in the past, so who knows. Nevertheless, when all is said and done Tracy Mcgrady will always be remembered as an extreme talent & natural scoerer on the floor...

But the classic question remains the same

Will he be remembered as a great player who succeeded beyond all the individual milestones with playoff success or will he just be another great talent who could never arrive at the big show?

Nobody can deny that the majority of his time spent as a professional ball player he has unquestionably been one of the top recognized players throughout the league but will he ever acchieve that next step into greatness remains to be seen...

D&D / Done & Done

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    He didn't promise nothing, tard. He clearly said that IF they lose, it's on him. That's far from a promise as you may consider.

Best Center in the league in Yao? You got that right. Look at the others around them. Look closely at the suporting cast, specificallly at the rest of the starting line-up. Look at Jeff Van Gundy, their bench for crying out loud. Can you see it? Hope so. One of the worst formula's in the league probably. JVG + Any Roster = Not a playoff contender.
    Wait, why the hate for JVG? He did a lot with this team after all the mess left over from the Dream Era. He took a Rockets team that consisted of a Young Yao, Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Moochie Norris, Clearance Whetherspoon, old ass Mark Jackson, Cato and a bunch of other scrubs to the playoffs and made the series closer than it looked. He took a stacked Mavs team to 7 games, almost pulling off the upset. Hell, even this year, he was a big reason why the Rockets were winning games without Yao in the lineup. DEFENSE is the key. Look where the Spurs are and then look where the high powered offense teams like Phoenix and Dallas are.

Say what you want about him but JVG did a lot for this organization. People fail to credit JVG for tirelessly working Yao over and always riding his back. Yao said himself that he wouldn't be this good if it wasn't for JVG getting on him for every little thing. He got T-Mac to play good defense and turned him into a complete player. Basically, there is nothing more JVG could do. At some point, you have to start looking at your players for results. The coach is not the one on the court with the ball in his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Wait, why the hate for JVG? He did a lot with this team after all the mess left over from the Dream Era. He took a Rockets team that consisted of a Young Yao, Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Moochie Norris, Clearance Whetherspoon, old ass Mark Jackson, Cato and a bunch of other scrubs to the playoffs and made the series closer than it looked. He took a stacked Mavs team to 7 games, almost pulling off the upset. Hell, even this year, he was a big reason why the Rockets were winning games without Yao in the lineup. DEFENSE is the key. Look where the Spurs are and then look where the high powered offense teams like Phoenix and Dallas are.

Say what you want about him but JVG did a lot for this organization. People fail to credit JVG for tirelessly working Yao over and always riding his back. Yao said himself that he wouldn't be this good if it wasn't for JVG getting on him for every little thing. He got T-Mac to play good defense and turned him into a complete player. Basically, there is nothing more JVG could do. At some point, you have to start looking at your players for results. The coach is not the one on the court with the ball in his hands.
    Sure, we had many good regular seasons and sure we docked in the Top 5 in 2 of the past 3 years. But i just didn't see McGrady reaching his primary goal, with Van Gundy, to get past the first round. I couldn't really see it. I respect yours and i don't care what you may consider him. Consider him as a god for all i care but this is just me.