Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Did Jordan ever face a team in the Finals as good as the '06-07 Spurs?

97' Jazz > 07 Spurs.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Default Re: Did Jordan ever face a team in the Finals as good as the '06-07 Spurs?

Ofcourse there were teams better. The Spurs were better in 2005 any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    97' Jazz > 07 Spurs.

'98 Jazz> '07 Spurs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    '98 Jazz> '07 Spurs.
    I disagree. I'll take this Spurs team over those Jazz teams (but not by much).

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    I disagree. I'll take this Spurs team over those Jazz teams (but not by much).

The Jazz were tied for the best record in the league that year. I can't see the Spurs being better than them.

Go Spurs Go

:

the only team that would give the spurs trouble are the sonics with kemp/payton. payton would probably own parker and kemp was unstoppable. however, spurs would still take it in 6.

those knicks squads just werent professional enough to be champions, and theres no way they beat these spurs in 7.

pacers match up well in the front court, but their backcourt defense lacked, and the spurs would take it in 6.

much love to the jazz, but even they would fall to this current spurs squad.

bottom line is that tim duncan is just too good for anybody. tony parker is playing championship basketball and so is everyone else. this team has incredible chemistry on both sides of the ball ,something that hasnt been seen by too many teams.

ISH = 99% FOOLS

Banned

Here's a question I'd like to ask:

When did the 2007 Spurs become so overrated?

Don't get me wrong, they're a great team, but they won 58 games (not 65+), they've gone 14-4 in the postseason, and the best team they've defeated to get to the Finals is known as a perennial playoff disappearer (Phoenix).

Someone tell me when and how the '07 Spurs have come to be looked at as some all-time level team?

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    The Jazz were tied for the best record in the league that year. I can't see the Spurs being better than them.
    the west back then was mute compared to the west now.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease BlackMoses's Avatar

I'll take the Spurs of today over the Jazz of the late 90's. Malone was the master of vanishing when it mattered, while the Spurs have plenty of guys who can step up in the clutch.

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Here's a question I'd like to ask:

When did the 2007 Spurs become so overrated?

Don't get me wrong, they're a great team, but they won 58 games (not 65+), they've gone 14-4 in the postseason, and the best team they've defeated to get to the Finals is known as a perennial playoff disappearer (Phoenix).

Someone tell me when and how the '07 Spurs have come to be looked at as some all-time level team?
    are you serious?

there were 5 possible finals teams in the west alone : suns, spurs, mavs, rockets, and nuggets.

the west is the toughest conference OF ALL TIME. i havent heard one person say the spurs are the best team ever, but only a fool could say theyre not one of the all time great teams in history.

4 rings is magical, pokey, yet you call them overrated? stick to kobe topics cuz you're brainless in everything else.

Go Spurs Go

lets not forget the fact that the entire spurs organization is on cruise control for the regular season.

the spurs are built for championships.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    the west back then was mute compared to the west now.
    1998 West:

Jazz 62 wins
    Lakers 61 wins
    Sonics 61 wins
    Spurs 56 wins
    Suns 56 wins
    Blazers 46 wins
    Wolves 45 wins
    Rockets 41 wins

Average: 53.5 wins

2007 West:

Mavericks 67 wins
    Suns 61 wins
    Spurs 58 wins
    Rockets 52 wins
    Jazz 51 wins
    Nuggets 45 wins
    Warriors 42 wins
    Lakers 42 wins

Average: 52.3 wins

Go Spurs Go

great you showed me some numbers. does that prove anything? not really.

Banned

are you serious?

there were 5 possible finals teams in the west alone : suns, spurs, mavs, rockets, and nuggets.

the west is the toughest conference OF ALL TIME.
    As I've just shown, it's not even the toughest Western Conference of the last 10 years, let alone all time.

Banned

great you showed me some numbers. does that prove anything? not really.
    Sure, numbers don't mean anything ever. Not when it comes to Kobe "numbers don't matter" Bryant, and apparently not when it comes to any other of your bogus claims, either.