Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoffs Round 2: (2) GS Warriors vs (6) NO Pelicans Game Thread

Default 2018 Playoffs Round 2: (2) GS Warriors vs (6) NO Pelicans Game Thread

Game 1: April 28 @ GS
    Game 2: May 1 @ GS
    Game 3: May 4 @ NO
    Game 4: May 6 @ NO

If necessary:
    Game 5: Tue May 8 @ GS
    Game 6: Thu May 10 @ NO
    Game 7: Mon May 14 @ GS

Stephen Curry out for game 1. He returned in Game 2, and resumed as a starter in Game 3.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 05-06-2018 at 04:06 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs - Western Conference Semifinals: (2) GS Warriors v. (7) NO Pelicans

Pelicans in 7
    After seeing what Aldridge did to GS, Davis is gonna rape the warriors. I wouldn

Default Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs - Western Conference Semifinals: (2) GS Warriors v. (7) NO Pelicans

Warriors in 4, maybe 5

Pelicans in 6 or 7 if Mirotic plays at same level/close to as the Blazers series
    Warriors in 6 if Mirotic has a terrible series

Let's go Pels!!

Die hard fan since day 1

Biggest question mark is how Steph is gonna be back. I'm hoping better than 2016, since it was still better than everyone not named Lebron and with KD, that's a wrap. Hoping KD leads to 2-0 win, and Steph comes to close out the tough away matches.

Davis is going to be forcibly be brought down to Earth. Sorry babyboi, it's not your time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1
    Let's go Pels!!

Die hard fan since day 1
    Why are LeStans rooting for teams that play the Warriors. Your hero isn't making the final to get embarrassed this time around.

NBA sixth man of the year

I cant call it. Jrue holiday is going to see a lot of Klay thompson.

Rondo will be schemed against by putting a bigger defender on him. Essentially you will see iggy defending his passing lanes. The key to guarding rondo is leaving rangy defenders on him.

If Nikola can make them pay..you will see very competitive series going 6 7. Ultimately golden state has shooters and a scheme that can limit rondo.

Rooting for the Pelicans, but I can't see the Warriors being stopped.

Is Curry coming back any point this series? Or is he out for a while longer?

If AD, Rondo, Jrue, and Mirotic continue to play well, this series could very well go to 6-7 games IF Curry misses 2 games.

I got the Warriors winning in 6.

The Pelicans can win only if the Unibrow and Holiday continue to play great, and they slow down the Warriors' high powered offense. Davis averaged 33 ppg and 12 rpg, as well as 2.8 blocks per game, and Holiday stepped up big with 27.8 ppg and 6.5 apg while shooting .568 FG. Rondo also chipped in with 11.3 ppg and 13.3 apg and 7.5 rpg. Playoff Rondo frees up Holiday to focus on scoring off the ball and defend the most dangerous perimeter player.

However. the Warriors should win because they have more defensive answers than the Blazers did in the first round, and their offense is far more multidimensional as well. Iguodala replaced Curry in the lineup, and while his numbers aren't much to sniff at, he remains the perfect glue guy. Durant dropped 28.2 ppg and 8.6 rpg and 5.2 apg at .480 FG and .946 FT. Thompson was no slouch with 22.6 ppg at .529 FG with scorching hot .512 3FG. Green almost averaged a trip dub with 11.4 ppg, 11.2 rpg, and 8.0 apg.

While the Warriors' offense will remain potent without Curry, the true key to this matchup is the Warriors' defense. Unibrow will score no matter the defense, but he won't be able to maintain his usual numbers at the same efficiency. Also, Curry is coming back soon.

Warriors in 6.

Let's go Pelicans

I'll be disappointed if it's less than 6 games.

NBA sixth man of the year raprap's Avatar

Snoozewest

Tonights the Night

Who's guarding Durant? I wanna see Rondo have a go at him.