Page 3 of 286 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Celts in 6.

Great college starter

Default Re: 2018 Playoffs ECF: (2) Boston Celtics vs (4) Cleveland Cavaliers Game Thread

Cleveland wins in about 5.

Boston is great but Horford's too soft against Cleveland's bigs historically, and slowing down LeBron is an entirely different ballgame than slowing down Ben Simmons

I think if this team were healthy they'd beat Cleveland in about 5 games but missing their 2 best players, if they somehow beat Cleveland that would be nothing short of amazing

Kyrie Irving, who played superbly for the Cavaliers in last year's series and was expected to bolster up their opponents for this year's predictable rematch, will be sorely missed for both teams. The injury-ravaged Celtics managed to overachieve in this postseason so far, but now they're facing the seemingly unachievable against LeBron's Cavaliers.

Still, despite the sidelinings of their two-best players, the Celtics have improved overall within the past year as their young talent continues to ripen; contrariwise, the Cavaliers have regressed, even if it has been enough to maintain their Eastern Conference hegemony so far

LeBron eats them alive

Next

Stevens needs to play Monroe in this series. There's no Embiid to worry about. Monroe could get 20/10 against the Cavs' non-existent front line.

inbefore

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    Let LeBron do his thing, let him score 50+ points a game but....

Shut down the role players
    Shut down the perimeter
    Don't allow them to run just like how they shut down the Bucks in transition

Brad got this one.
    Every team says they're going to use to this strategy before the start of each playoff round.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Stevens needs to play Monroe in this series. There's no Embiid to worry about. Monroe could get 20/10 against the Cavs' non-existent front line.
    It's going to be the JV thing all over again. Lue would beg you guys to keep dumping it to Monroe over Tatum/Brown, etc. If Boston is beating Cleveland it' going to be because they're hitting their 3s at a high clip and shutting down the role players. Hate to break it to you but this isn't 1995 anymore. You aren't going to beat Cleveland posting up Greg monroe for a series.

I'll say Cavs in 5 but wouldn't be surprised if it goes 6. The Pacers on paper weren't better than the Raptors but obviously went down swinging. Kyrie would be the missing link in a series like this, Celts need that scorer in the clutch but the baby Celts won't roll over like Toronto did. They at least have the athletic perimeter defenders that Toronto was missing, and with Kyrie/Hayward not there I'd say anything they're doing at this point is overachieving, so they don't have the pressure Toronto had.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    It's going to be the JV thing all over again. Lue would beg you guys to keep dumping it to Monroe over Tatum/Brown, etc. If Boston is beating Cleveland it' going to be because they're hitting their 3s at a high clip and shutting down the role players. Hate to break it to you but this isn't 1995 anymore. You aren't going to beat Cleveland posting up Greg monroe for a series.
    Not necessarily run plays for him. Just play him and let him grab boards and score inside garbage points. There's no Embiid to worry about; he'll be on Tristan Thompson or Nance.

Against The Sixers the Celtics played basically only 7 guys (Horford, Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Baynes, Smart, Morris). The Cavs matchup should allow them to play Monroe and Ojeleye more. Semi will definitely see time on LeBron and the other shooters.

I am hoping TT plays a lot. He has had success against Boston in the past.

NBA lottery pick BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Cavs in 6, but it could be fewer.

As I've been saying since the Kyrie injury, the extra 4+ games of playoff experience for Jayson and Jaylen is the benefit here. I'd be tempted as Stevens to put them on LeBron once the series is clearly out of reach - get them reps guarding him. Ojeleye should see serious minutes on him too.

This is going to be a very competitive series. What we expected to happen to Boston in the playoffs without Kyrie simply hasn't materialized. They are posting a 109.6 ORTG through the first 2 rounds(would've been top 10 in the RS), which is a good 2 points better than their ORTG in the regular season. Including playoffs, they are now 22-12(65%) without Kyrie and 41-19(68%) with him. Pretty much the same team, really. They have 4 players averaging 17 ppg or above in the playoffs and they all have a TS% of 57% or better. They defend very well and arguably have the game's best coach. It's just one damn good team. And they look like one if you simply watch them play. They are better than Cleveland at 4 of the 5 starting positions, have a better bench and a coach that's light years better.

Cleveland has LeBron though, who is far and away the best player in the series and historically they have done very well offensively against Brad's Celtics. I'll pick 'em in 6 simply based on that, but wouldn't be surprised at all if they lost.

NBA sixth man of the year

Lebron and Cleveland have had 4-5 days off to rest up and be fresh.

Game 1 will be a Celtics win. Everyone knows Lebron plays possum on game 1's.

Cleveland in 6.