Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 pre-season!

https://www.ksl.com/article/46396340...ah-jazz-roster

If Rubio maintains that type of production through the season, he will be due for a large contract, one the Jazz will be happy to provide.
    probably

Derrick Favors signed a two-year, $33 million contract this summer, with only one year guaranteed. There is a good chance this is Favors' final year in a Jazz uniform, and it will be worth monitoring whether he keeps his starting job or not.
    Can't see anyone else on the roster starting ahead of him

The Jazz net rating exploded after acquiring Jae Crowder at the trade deadline, largely because of their ability to play one big and four wings offensively. Favors has been working on his 3-point jump shot, and if it becomes a legitimate weapon, he will open up interesting options for the offense.
    He will never be a threat from 3

Jae Crowder will be the Jazz's sixth man, after averaging starters minutes despite being acquired at the trade deadline for Rodney Hood. Crowder is inconsistent as a shooter, but could see his numbers improve now that he has a better grasp of the Jazz offense.
    But Dante is 6th man of the year.

If Exum can show better play-making skills and improve his shooting, he can be a dangerous offensive weapon. But those flashes have been few and far between so far in his career. Still, Exum's defense is an asset, and anything the Jazz get offensively will be a bonus.
    and hold on to the ball and finish...

Truthfully, Sefolosha is a more complete player than Crowder, but is older and on the downside of his career. He may be more useful in spot minutes. Still, Sefolosha would have been a valuable asset in the playoffs, and the Jazz will be happy to have him back in the lineup.
    at least every other game anyway

Raul Neto is the ideal third-string point guard for a team like the Jazz. He's got a limited upside, but makes very few mistakes when asked to take on a bigger role in case of injury. His small size makes it hard to play him in a larger role, but with Rubio, Mitchell and Exum ahead of him, its unlikely he'll be needed much.
    He was a solid starter and back-up. Certainly better than Dante and better than Rubio much of the year

Alec Burks is entering the final year of a four-year contract he signed with the Jazz. Understanding there is little potential for him as a long-term Jazzman, there isn't much incentive for Quin Snyder to play him. Burks can provide change-of-pace minutes as a scorer, but shouldn't be a serious part of the rotation.
    No incentive other than he's one his best offensive players.

2 way players?

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...rajectory.html

[QUOTE]Considering Rudy Gobert missed 26 games with injuries, and Thabo Sefolosha is returning after missing 44 games, improvement is a realistic goal. But winning a championship isn

https://thejnotes.com/2018/09/24/uta...best-year-yet/

You need to write an article about this? I would assume anyone at his age would expect to be better than ever. I don't think he'll be as effective as he was two years ago when he had players that stretched the floor around him though

Coach Quin Snyder has now added Raul Lopez, a former Jazz point guard, to his coaching staff. He worked with Rubio and Alec Burks alongside assistant coach Jeff Watkinson during the first day of training camp on Tuesday.

https://thejnotes.com/2018/09/25/uta...start-2018-19/

[QUOTE]As good as Rudy has been the past two years, his starts haven

http://saltcityhoops.com/improving-t...ge-basketball/

[QUOTE]Beyond their traditional center Rudy Gobert and pure point guard Ricky Rubio, the Jazz roster is moving towards the lauded

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-5th-year.html

“I’m excited for Dante after some of the injuries and things like that,” Sefolosha said. “I think he had a great summer, and it shows with the speed and athleticism, he got that right back, so I’m excited about that.”
    He already had that. Has he learned how to play basketball yet?

His career-high 8.1 points per game and 3.1 assists won’t jump off the page for most, but considering the circumstances of what he had to overcome to hit the court makes it more remarkable.
    Remarkable? Just a lot of excuses from where I sit

Exum separated his left shoulder during the preseason, which required surgery, before returning to the lineup in March as the Jazz were in the midst of a strong postseason push. His versatility was on display in the playoffs, where he even found defensive success against Houston Rockets MVP James Harden during the Western Conference Semifinals, which ultimately earned him a three-year, $33 million extension this summer.
    Now he's versatile? He can defend and what else?

“What he did was exceedingly difficult. He joined a very high functioning playoff team as a 22-year-old and played very well,” said Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey. “We actually went through that exercise with the coaches when we were looking at alternatives, and I think in retrospect when the coaches got to see him play those minutes that they were surprised at how many games in those last 14 games that he played well and allowed us to increase the margin from the bench.
    And was unplayable in round 1. The Jazz needed offense against Houston. He did nothing but hurt them at that end

Exum’s on-court abilities have never been a concern within the Jazz organization; it’s been his health. Since being selected fifth overall in the 2014 NBA draft, Exum has played less and less since his rookie campaign where he suited up for all 82 games. He missed his sophomore season after tearing his ACL while playing for his Australian national team in the summer of 2015, then underwent shoulder surgery last October to stabilize his AC joint, which nearly kept him out for another full season.
    It should be a concern because he has mostly sucked. It's not like Embiid who has been hurt but dominated when he played

This summer, Exum went into the mindset of being able to lead at different aspects of the game. He participated in competitive Rico Hines UCLA Runs, alongside teammate Rudy Gobert, where he competed against NBA peers to improve at transition pushes, pull-up treys and pick and roll reads versus different styles of play.
    Pull up 3 is now part of the extensive arsenal eh?

With all that he’s had to overcome, most people forget that Exum just turned 23 years old on July 13. As a 6-foot-6 point guard, Exum will have to compete for minutes with teammates Donovan Mitchell, Ricky Rubio, Raul Neto and even rookie guard Grayson Allen to some extent. His versatility may help him earn the playing time, but Exum doesn’t see it as a problem with how deep this year’s roster is.
    23, his speed and length are the only things he has going for him

“Obviously, my preference is to play point guard,” Exum said. “That’s what I’ve done, that’s what I’ve been and it’s what got me here, but I’m a bigger guard and I can guard 1 through 3 and hopefully can play 1 through 3 and hopefully get an opportunity sometime this season early on where we can play me, Ricky and Donovan together and see how that combo goes.
    With the Jazz there are basically two positions. bigs and others. You need to be versatile. He's the least versatile guy.

How many more days until the next article to hype Exum?

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/9/25/17...ch-quin-snyder

[QUOTE]If Lopez helped Rubio last season, if I were a Burkophile, I

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/9/25/17...ssistant-coach

Raul Lopez because of his stature, boyish good looks, and being white was compared every day to John Stockton.
    More because he was a pass first pg

the Utah Jazz had a WAY over the hill Greg Ostertag,
    had his best year!

[QUOTE]Now with James gone, Lue expects big things from Hood.

[QUOTE]Marc Stein: The Heat have pursued Butler as aggressively as any of the 20-plus teams to inquire thus far but, like many, have found it hard to get Minnesota to clearly communicate. League sources say Miami is a team that strongly appeals to the free agent-to-be Butler after a trade

[QUOTE]They

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...an-legend.html

[QUOTE]Whether or not that was an indirect shot at Snyder, his former coach, or very well a harmless statement will likely never be revealed publicly, but it didn