Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Recession coming?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    So 80% of people are losers. Yeah I tend to agree with that. Sucks for them.

Ordinary citizens have unprecedented power and freedom in this country, and most of them dont do JACK SHIT with it. They believe what the media tells them and go where the corporations lead them. And then they wonder why they end up in the lion’s den. When they chose to walk directly into it. People in other countries literally swim oceans and cross deserts to get here so they can make their own choices and not be dictated by the government. And then wadda ya know, they or their kids usually get somewhere in life. And Im pretty sure that’s happened under both parties in the white house.

Meanwhile too many “joe sixpacks” dont educate themselves and dont have goals, and they get nothing. And tpols blames the gop.

I mean you cant reach dudes like this. He has a mental block on reality. He just cant accept it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]Ordinary citizens have unprecedented power and freedom in this country, and most of them dont do JACK SHIT with it. They believe what the media tells them and go where the corporations lead them. And then they wonder why they end up in the lion

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    That's a huge understatement.

There are services and shit that is being affected by the shutdown that most don't realize that are critical to our safety and our operations as a whole.

Non-federal employees are affected by the shutdown as a result.

Some feel that the shutdown isn't over a wall, but for a more sinister reason orchestrated to handicap our judicial system and essential services. There are stories of intelligence services unable to do their job effectively as resources are diminished.

Putin is behind this.

He is dismantling our country and gutting it from the inside via Trump.

Go ahead MAGAs come for me.

Youre ACTUALLY deranged. And thats the problem with echo chambers. The deranged tend to congregate in them and drive each other toward deeper derangent. It

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Even if everybody suddenly became super motivated its impossible for everyone to rise to the top. Everybody can't be a manager or an exec because by definition of the position you need people below you.

Its great advice for an individual...changes nothing for society.

You dont need rare abilities to save money instead of waste it.

Nor to grasp the simple concept of labor supply and demand, and oppose widespread immigration.

Nor to raise kids in a two-parent home.

Nor to study basic history, economics, and government concepts to prevent yourself from being exploited.

Studies show over and over that among people doing the RIGHT things on a basic level: Employment, education (even basic) saving, no substance abuse, two parent family... virtually none of them are struggling.

Of course it will never be perfectly equal. But we have enough resources in America that people can survive comfortably if they prioritize it. Most of the country pisses their time away. That’s a fact.

Give me an EXAMPLE of a typical family that is struggling, and tell me why. And please use non-anomolous examples. Dont tell me their house burned down in a fire.

Tell me the typical plight of people doing the right things, but still struggling. Paint a pitcher for me bro.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]You dont need rare abilities to save money instead of waste it.

Nor to grasp the simple concept of labor supply and demand, and oppose widespread immigration.

Nor to raise kids in a two-parent home.

Nor to study basic history, economics, and government concepts to prevent yourself from being exploited.

Studies show over and over that among people doing the RIGHT things on a basic level: Employment, education (even basic) saving, no substance abuse, two parent family... virtually none of them are struggling.

Of course it will never be perfectly equal. But we have enough resources in America that people can survive comfortably if they prioritize it. Most of the country pisses their time away. That

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]Youre ACTUALLY deranged. And thats the problem with echo chambers. The deranged tend to congregate in them and drive each other toward deeper derangent. It

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]Trump is trying to improve our trade position globally. There is pushback from other countries who dont give a shit, and therefore a

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I don't know why you reply to people without addressing any of the points they raise. That's why you don't matter, in case you didn't know.

You LITERALLY typed

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]You LITERALLY typed

NBA Legend

Plenty of people struggled 10 years ago that were doing the right thing. Anybody that lost a nice job between 60-100k , lost their pension, or even blue collar guys that got laid off. I knew a guy named bill who owned a small printing company that he totally lost in 09 and had to become an assistant manager at a ruby Tuesday to pay bills I guess. He was a put together man in his 50s. Just doesn't seem right that 90% of people take the shaft in these recessions but rich people get to double up. Somethings wrong here.

Well hopefully he did save some money before hitting hard times. Just going by national statistics theres like a 50% chance he didnt.

What kind of stuff did he buy when he hd a job? I think you dont appreciate who makes rich people rich. It

Plenty of people struggled 10 years ago that were doing the right thing. Anybody that lost a nice job between 60-100k , lost their pension, or even blue collar guys that got laid off. I knew a guy named bill who owned a small printing company that he totally lost in 09 and had to become an assistant manager at a ruby Tuesday to pay bills I guess. He was a put together man in his 50s. Just doesn't seem right that 90% of people take the shaft in these recessions but rich people get to double up. Somethings wrong here.
    It's unfortunate, but the laws in this country are created by the rich for the rich. And it's been that way for decades. It wasn't always that way - there was a time when wealth was distributed in a reasonable manner. Of course the rich had more money than the average, but it wasn't as lopsided as it is today. It's become completely outrageous last 50-60 years where top 1% of the US has as much wealth as bottom 90% of the country combined. More than half the country is forced to live paycheck to paycheck - miss one paycheck and you have to either go to food banks or take a desperate loan.

Here's a good breakdown. Lets assume one pie box (representing total American wealth) has total of 100 slices

Break it down further??

Completely lopsided.. Top 1% of the country owns the country. This is what we call runaway capitalism, where capitalism begins to fall apart. Capitalism is great when wealth is distributed in a reasonable manner. When 1% of country has more wealth than bottom 90%? Ouch, game over..
    Last edited by bladefd; 01-24-2019 at 05:50 PM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It's quite obvious that I wrote other things, But here, have the argument that you're capable of: Orange Man bad Akrazotile dumb, probably lives off daddy.

Enjoy.

No, you didnt write other things. You wrote a long explanation of the one single, simplistic “point” you were trying to make. And it was worthless.

K dude? Youre a massive queer. Limp wristed and weak minded, we all know how you do. You have no purpose in this discussion. You will not offer anything that will illuminate anyone. Dont entice me to spend time shredding you when there are more useful things to discuss. But again, not for you, because

YOURE.

A.

DUMB.

ANIMAL.

Last edited by Akrazotile; 01-24-2019 at 05:54 PM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    It's unfortunate, but the laws in this country are created by the rich for the rich. And it's been that way for decades. It wasn't always that way - there was a time when wealth was distributed in a reasonable manner. Of course the rich had more money than the average, but it wasn't as lopsided as it is today. It's become completely outrageous last 50-60 years where top 1% of the US has as much wealth as bottom 90% of the country combined. More than half the country is forced to live paycheck to paycheck - miss one paycheck and you have to either go to food banks or take a desperate loan.

Here's a good breakdown. Lets assume one pie box (representing total American wealth) has total of 100 slices

Break it down further??

Completely lopsided.. Top 1% of the country owns the country. This is what we call runaway capitalism, where capitalism begins to fall apart. Capitalism is great when wealth is distributed in a reasonable manner. When 1% of country has more wealth than bottom 90%? Ouch, game over..

Okay.

Well, keep complaining about it and doing nothing.

Let

RMWG, do us a favor and ban that doofus already

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    RMWG, do us a favor and ban that doofus already

Another average turd who gets angered when someone has the audacity to poke holes in the delusions he’s predicated his entire impotent life on.

This is why they hated Socrates.

So it goes...