Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Resident Evil 2 remake

  1. #1
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,926

    Default Resident Evil 2 remake

    Shit looks litty, best RE of the series imo


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3V0NVjCN-s


    Drops next month, Jan 25th

  2. #2
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,641

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    Looks cool

  3. #3
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,656

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    I'm pre-ordered already for whatever the collector's edition is. I love these games. They remade this with the same engine they used for RE7, but kept it third person.

    I've gone through the RE1 Remake a bunch of times. That game I remember room for room, so it's a pretty easy run through for me, but I still love it. REII I don't remember as well, and they moved around a lot of the puzzle pieces, so this should be essentially a brand new experience for me.

  4. #4
    One of One ROCSteady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    D[M]V
    Posts
    9,875

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    One of the best video games of all time, for my money.

    I have RE remastered and RE:0 remastered soooo it's likely I'll go through this again at some point.

    It will be a nostalgic kick for sure, we'll see how much I remember what to do.

  5. #5
    Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    lakers r done
    Posts
    4,954

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    I have this on preorder also. RE games are day one purchases for me.

  6. #6
    Yellow King scuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carcosa
    Posts
    14,989

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    so PStore I could only find the Deluxe Edition RE2 pre-order and idgaf about DLC cosmetics

    just went to gamestop online and pro-ord standard RE2

    so whats the deal when you go pick it up, don't they usually stay open a bit later on night before the release day to sell copies?


    can i go pick it up on 24th at after 9pm orwot


    hyped af for dis

  7. #7
    Yellow King scuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carcosa
    Posts
    14,989

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I'm pre-ordered already for whatever the collector's edition is. I love these games. They remade this with the same engine they used for RE7, but kept it third person.

    I've gone through the RE1 Remake a bunch of times. That game I remember room for room, so it's a pretty easy run through for me, but I still love it. REII I don't remember as well, and they moved around a lot of the puzzle pieces, so this should be essentially a brand new experience for me.
    yeah total PS1 nostalgia

    Resident Evil 2 and Metal Gear were mindblowing run through first time on PS1, I couldn't believe how cool it was. Kinda like how Mortal Kombat felt when it dropped on SNES, seeing blood and heads popping off in a vidya like wtf amazing

    funny thinng is I have never played the original Resident Evil and have it free on PSplus but never tried

  8. #8
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,656

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    yeah total PS1 nostalgia

    Resident Evil 2 and Metal Gear were mindblowing run through first time on PS1, I couldn't believe how cool it was. Kinda like how Mortal Kombat felt when it dropped on SNES, seeing blood and heads popping off in a vidya like wtf amazing

    funny thinng is I have never played the original Resident Evil and have it free on PSplus but never tried

    You should totally try it. I just really love the more reclusive haunted house feel of it. The way the house unlocks as you play, is really unlike all the other games. RE7, was probably the closest to it, but that had a more level like setup.

  9. #9
    Yellow King scuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carcosa
    Posts
    14,989

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    Just played the RE2 30 min demo, it’s amazing


    Definitely has that OG spook factor and tension

  10. #10
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,926

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    I have a feeling RE2 will low key be one of the top best of the year


    Even with a crazy anticipated calendar year for games


    3 days till release

  11. #11
    Landslide honors LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    11,926

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    9's and 10's all across the board. 91/92 metacritic


    yup this game finna be legitio

  12. #12
    Local High School Star Segatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,214

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    9's and 10's all across the board. 91/92 metacritic


    yup this game finna be legitio
    Metacritic is the worst, I wouldn't rely on it. But yeah, the game is probably fine. I'm just sad it doesn't have fixed cameras like the original Remake, rare to find games like that nowadays.

  13. #13
    Local High School Star Segatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,214

    Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake

    I'm playing rn on pc, it's pretty neat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •