Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: America is the greatest country in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Lebensraum

i looked at the map... they shouldve never went into desolate northern asia. got greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    i looked at the map... they shouldve never went into desolate northern asia. got greedy.
    They should have went all-in on a campaign to conquer UK. It would have been slow. But if they accomplished that first, they could have succeeded against Russia.

Thank god Hitler was an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Objectivity
    Murica had little to no part in defeating the nazis, when murica arrived at d day the war was over.

USSR saved the europe from nazis, you can say murica was the lesser evil and stopped a possible soviet domination of europe but not much else.
    Uh...

We gave them all their heavy arms. They would have been overrun by the Nazis without the USA war industry.

You are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    US dominance in the Pacific Theater during WW2 stopped the world from complete communism rule

If Russia took Japan which they dearly wanted, they would've invaded Phillipines and eventually Australia.

Stalin's hands were just as bloody as Hitlers, he just did his dirt over a longer stretch

Read up on some of the atrocities Russian 'liberaters' were doing post war. Entire German civilian towns were doing mass suicides to escape civilian tourture and rape. Japan were even worse to the Chinese and POW's.

Some sick ****s were in power during the 30's-40's. But without that war we would have nearly the tech and medicine we have today
    imho Stalin was even worse than Hitler. He was responsible for at least as many brutal deaths, and none of it was even out of any passionately held belief. He was just a psychopath whose desire for power made killing millions of people a convenient thing.

I'm not saying Hitler should be applauded for his beliefs... they were obviously very twisted and evil... I just think there's something to be said in terms of a comparison. A guy who believes he needs to kill millions for the good of the world is insane. But I still find him a little more human than someone who will kill millions simply because it tightens his control over them. It's like a poisoned soul vs. someone without a soul.

College superstar

America. No place I