Default We've been divided because of politics, we need to be collective again

I remember a lot of people leaving here to go elsewhere. We've been infiltrated from the inside out. I hope we can bring back the people we lost and more.

Over my 9 years here, I learned a lot. Despite the knowledge, I couldn't and we couldn't prepare ourselves for a divide that took us by storm because of politics.

We've shared our secrets, our thoughts, and our feelings, only to be used against us the second Trump announced running for president.

Regardless of where we stand, we should always stand together.

I learned one thing very important in the professional world since I came here as a kid at 17, it's taken me places and it's been my shield: Agree to disagree.

Unfortunately, we're going too far with the things we say and do to each other. The trolling. The bias of posters that align with our beliefs.

We are better than that. Truth be told, we were once the best forums because of our inside jokes, the things we shared with each other.

If that doesn't break your heart after spending some years here, some several hundred posts or thousand, then you belong on the divide that separates us and them..

I appreciate all of you. I never once cared what each other thinks politically. I cater to my responses and make judgement from your history here not what you think or how you live outside of here.

We are all not on the same page. This divide the country is in, it didn't just divide us for one or two terms, it did so permanently. We can either fix the mess we allowed to happen as adults because we all are here; I haven't seen new posters come in or at least stayed and left an impression on us for several years.

We are our own society. We are our own family. Family is everything to me, while the one on the outside self destructs, we, we should always have each other to lean on.

With that said, we should also try to get more new people here. More fresh blood. Different dynamics we’ve longed for before this era started.

If you have any issues with anyone, I think you should utilize this thread in a mature way to make amends here on out.

I did write all of this on my 4th shitting because of the alcohol and pepper sauce I ate last night. I’ll be fine, but are we?

Default Re: We've been divided because of politics, we need to be collective again

Being divided is a good thing. The constant battle of ideas is a strength, not a weakness.

College superstar

Default Re: We've been divided because of politics, we need to be collective again

People talk too much or in this case type too much.

first of all, i will admit i have been adding a lot of gasoline to this fire, like a lot, a lot.

however, i have made it my goal to be more positive moving forward.

i've been posting here since 2008, some of my favorite posters are gone like Zen (tho he did post last night oddly enough).

then i have dudes like you who i legit consider a friend (draz and j$). hell, we follow each other on snapchat haha.

so i definitely understand where you're coming from. ISH has given a lot to me. i had never watched the wire or sopranos before visiting this forum. plus countless of good movies, and all those were ISH recommendations.

This isn’t an ultimatum of any sort, by all means I would still be here even when it gets unbearable. I just think as a whole, we can do better. Like we once were. I loved our BTE. I loved when we all took turns making a new BTE when one was closed (I’ll make a new one now to get this started again).

It’s that we need to find middle ground. Some things aren’t worth going the extra inch to degrade someone else.

When have we gotten a new poster worthy enough? Were a bunch of aging dudes barking at one another, once, perfectly fine now, bitter.

Maybe I’m just dwelling on what we used to be. Maybe I’m the ex fascinated by our past. It’s a new year, we have to live life to the fullest and bring each other up not down.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    People talk too much or in this case type too much.
    I was taking a long shit, imagine just how long it was

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Being divided is a good thing. The constant battle of ideas is a strength, not a weakness.

dat free market competition.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I was taking a long shit, imagine just how long it was
    I wasn