Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Is Lebron overrated as a passer?

Jesus AJ is an absolute moron

Forget Sabonis, Jokic is a better passer than Bran has ever been.

He definitely is.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    A couple of GIF's are supposed to prove that he's in the same realm of LeBron as a passer? I can literally post hundreds of LeBron GIF's, which make him look like the GOAT passer.

Lets start with a couple:

If you think Sabonis is LeBron level as a passer, you shouldn't be allowed access to a computer, to spread your batshit insanity.
    I don't see anyone but maybe Magic pulling off these types of passes

Btw LeBron could easily average 12apg but he's a scorer so he doesn't

Very good NBA starter

There's been a lot of amazing passers in the NBA. Why discredit guys just to prop up one or two guys?

Pure passers to me are: Rondo, Magic, CP3, Zeke Thomas, Stockton

Those guys are the cut above all in my eyes.

Sabonis, Bird, could make every pass but they were much more useful other ways.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98

Lebron doesn't have the patience to act like a true PG. I agree with you that he can make every pass with even faster execution but he's a scorer with elite passing ability like you said. Shaq one time said that Lebron was basically Magic/ Karl Malone/ Shaq/ and a little of MJ all in one. I kind of agree with that.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I think Bron is overrated as a passer.

Let me explain.

His decision making and timing is why I believe he's overrated. He simply holds on to the ball far too long. There is no true flow to how he runs the offence, it's mostly very stagnant.

Another knock is that he doesn't 'create' for his teammates as much. Anyone can drive and kick, that's not really creating. Creating is finding ways to get the ball to teammates and yes it does involve driving but not just driving and kicking out.

Not to say that he doesn't do any of what I mentioned, he simply doesn't do as a consistent job as Bird, Magic, Stockton, etc.

Someone mentioned the Bulls and MJ.

MJ is a great example of someone that created, had great timing, and kept the flow of the offence moving. He didn't need to hold on to the ball for 10 seconds and dribble 20 times to get something done, he simply created a situation for his team. And as a result of MJ's ability to create and move the ball it created opportunities for his team thus creating more team assists. They weren't as dependent of him.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I think Bron is overrated as a passer.

Let me explain.

His decision making and timing is why I believe he's overrated. He simply holds on to the ball far too long. There is no true flow to how he runs the offence, it's mostly very stagnant.

Another knock is that he doesn't 'create' for his teammates as much. Anyone can drive and kick, that's not really creating. Creating is finding ways to get the ball to teammates and yes it does involve driving but not just driving and kicking out.

Not to say that he doesn't do any of what I mentioned, he simply doesn't do as a consistent job as Bird, Magic, Stockton, etc.

Someone mentioned the Bulls and MJ.

MJ is a great example of someone that created, had great timing, and kept the flow of the offence moving. He didn't need to hold on to the ball for 10 seconds and dribble 20 times to get something done, he simply created a situation for his team. And as a result of MJ's ability to create and move the ball it created opportunities for his team thus creating more team assists. They weren't as dependent of him.

Triangle offense is a system where people know their places. the offense moving is a matter of the offense in place itself. That comes from actual coaching.

Don't want to get into Bran Ball and all the trolling, but that's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    There's been a lot of amazing passers in the NBA. Why discredit guys just to prop up one or two guys?

Pure passers to me are: Rondo, Magic, CP3, Zeke Thomas, Stockton

Those guys are the cut above all in my eyes.

Sabonis, Bird, could make every pass but they were much more useful other ways.
    Nash? I also felt Rubio was a tremendously gifted passer. For a guy who can't shoot and isn't much of a threat off the dribble, it's amazing he could get any dimes at all.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Triangle offense is a system where people know their places. the offense moving is a matter of the offense in place itself. That comes from actual coaching.

Don't want to get into Bran Ball and all the trolling, but that's a difference.
    I agree on the triangle. But Bron couldn't play in that system because he can't move without the ball, can't create and doesn't have the timing necessary to play in the triangle.

Honestly, Luke Walton and Lamar Odom are better passers than Lebron. They have great timing, instincts, and can create better than Bron.

Going back to MJ... the triangle helped the Bulls, but he didn't need it to be a great passer. He was a great passer before the triangle was installed in the Bulls' offence.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    Very good passer but as mentioned already he handles the ball a ridiculous amount. There's way more to evaluating passing ability than just looking at APG

Bird and Sabonis may not have been better players but they absolutely were better passers, for starters.
    Agree on the passing part but a 1979-1986 Bird was as good or better than Lebron (team play wise). Sabonis 1986 before injuries was a atleast a top 10 center of all time.

I don't think he was an overrated passer. I think he is brilliant at that but I hate how people use assists for their agendas both for and against LeBron. And that goes for all players it's a silly way to rate that topic.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Lebron is a skillled passer, but those numbers are inflated due to the sheer amount of shooters/spacing he's played with on the court.

Not much skill to get an assist off of Ray Allen on Kyle Korver...who are both top 5 in 3 point makes in NBA history.

It's not the same as Kidd, Nash, Bird, Sabonis, or Stockton regardless of what the numbers say.

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98

Westbrook lead the league in scoring the same year he averaged a triple double so don

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Yeah, LeBron passing around the ball would've won him championships in '07, '11, '14, '15, '17, and '18. [COLOR="Black"]F[/COLOR]ucking retard.
    You seem highly triggered, just reading all your posts. Seems like you're having an emotional breakdown.

And no, I did not say anything about Lebron passing the ball more in my post, not sure where you got that from. I thought my post was pretty clear. But rather, if Lebron had more of an off the ball game, and did not have to rely so much on simply holding the ball for long periods of times to get his stats, then maybe his teams would be playing a more dynasty type of basketball, rather than flip of the coin, get lucky and win one year and then lose the other.

3-time NBA All-Star

He is by some like the nick wrights of the world who say he passes like magic. LeBron's a very good passer for someone his size. Not the best but still pretty good.