Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Whose single season is the best season ever by a player? (1979-80 and onwards)

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Leaving MJ out of this, I would give it to Hakeem 1993-94. Dude won MVP, DPOY and FMVP. The only player to EVER do that in a single season (Russell definitely would've had a few had they handed out DPOY and FMVP in his days). Plus, he had a lot of very good role players but no legit 2nd fiddle star that year too.
    That's a pretty good choice, but wouldn't you have to at least mention 99-00 Shaq despite the fact that he played near the basket all the time.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Default Re: Whose single season is the best season ever by a player? (1979-80 and onwards)

2011 Jason Terry

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    That's a pretty good choice, but wouldn't you have to at least mention 99-00 Shaq despite the fact that he played near the basket all the time.
    There's no right or wrong answer. But I take Hakeem because he didn't have a Kobe as a 2nd option and he freaken won DPOY. Consider the LOAD he had to carry on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    There's no right or wrong answer. But I take Hakeem because he didn't have a Kobe as a 2nd option and he freaken won DPOY. Consider the LOAD he had to carry on both ends.
    In that particular season Shaq blacked out entire painted area though. He was a freaking monster on defensive end, too. He was 2nd at DPoY vote, behind Zo and he got no reputation as a defensive force. If he did, there was a good chance for him to be the DPoY.

I find being the first unanimous MVP (despite that idiot who voted for AI from Atlanta, I consider Shaq UMVP) & FMVP is just as sexy as MVP & DPoY & FMVP.

Like you said, there's no wrong answer though. Just pointing out.