Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: True Detective Season 3

nice, something to watch

def didnt watch s2

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Just as I had thought, Pizzolatto wants to connect Season 1 and Season 3 and have them exist within the same timeline.

Good read: https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/1/...nd-3-connected

Excited now!

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Just as I had thought, Pizzolatto wants to connect Season 1 and Season 3 and have them exist within the same timeline.

Good read: https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/1/...nd-3-connected

Excited now!

This is very exciting stuff. I read this last night too. I did not catch the computer screen while watching. But my suspicions started during the first episode, when she was telling Wayne about the online communities that study cases, and asked if he'd ever heard of some of the bigger networks. The first one she mentioned was a real case I've read about, but the second one she called the "crooked spiral", which I'd never heard of, but remember the imagery from season one which could easily be described as a crooked spiral. That was my immediate guess.

Pizzalotto almost has to be a Pizzagate guy, because that symbol is pretty damn close to the pedo symbol thrown out on the FBI documentation cited in the pizzagate stuff all the time.

Why does imdb say ep 1 came out jan 15 and ep 2 jan 13??

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    This is very exciting stuff. I read this last night too. I did not catch the computer screen while watching. But my suspicions started during the first episode, when she was telling Wayne about the online communities that study cases, and asked if he'd ever heard of some of the bigger networks. The first one she mentioned was a real case I've read about, but the second one she called the "crooked spiral", which I'd never heard of, but remember the imagery from season one which could easily be described as a crooked spiral. That was my immediate guess.

Pizzalotto almost has to be a Pizzagate guy, because that symbol is pretty damn close to the pedo symbol thrown out on the FBI documentation cited in the pizzagate stuff all the time.
    i'm pretty sure (correct me if i'm wrong) that Matthew is on record saying he would gladly reprise his role as Rust Cohle (not in the context of this new season tho, just something he said a while back).

i'd love for it to happen.

how are you liking the new season Thorp?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Why does imdb say ep 1 came out jan 15 and ep 2 jan 13??
    prob a typo. both episodes aired on jan 13.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    i'm pretty sure (correct me if i'm wrong) that Matthew is on record saying he would gladly reprise his role as Rust Cohle (not in the context of this new season tho, just something he said a while back).

i'd love for it to happen.

how are you liking the new season Thorp?
    I'm loving it. I posted on it in a different thread a while back, I think just after the premiere. It's obviously treading on the same ground of season one, and if people were bothered by that, I would get it. I also feel like it's a little bit dumbed down from season one. But I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Parts of season one I felt dragged on. This season feels a little more direct. But I kind of appreciate that. It's still not as if it's straight forward.

I really love it. It's the first time in a long time where Sunday morning I'm already looking forward to it.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Halfway point in the show now. So who do we think the killer is? If it's anything like Season 1, Pizzolato introduces the killer to us earlier on in a very brief and insignificant scene. Perhaps it will be the same here.

I'm thinking it was the priest.

onyl 3 episodes left

It's been a great season of television. The shootout was extremely well done. And it was a moment of action that the show was due for. As a criticism, I'd say some of the elements of the plot they've hidden for the sake of the mystery are starting to wear thin. They're approaching resolution over three different timelines, so they're really having to overdue it keeping things in the dark. But I can't really take issue with it for at least one more episode here. They unravel a good bit in that last episode. At least concluded the 80 investigation.

My guess is that the mother was in with the Hoyt guy, and the AG is involved in the cover up. They're all guilty to some degree. But much like season one, I think they might find the specific killer, but never really uncover the grander scheme behind it.

One thing I wonder about that I haven't seen much on, involving Amelia, who I know is a popular theory as the killer, is how much tension in their relationship stems from him continuing to investigate a case that she's already "solved" in a all time critically acclaimed non-fiction book.

This season of True Detective has been fu[COLOR="Black"]ck[/COLOR]ing phenomenal. Thus far, the performances of both Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff are among the best acting I have ever seen in a TV show, in the same category as all-time great examples of TV acting like Breaking Bad, The Wire, Fargo, etc.

Hopefully I am not getting ahead of myself here. I loved the first 5 or 6 episodes of season 1 but I was monumentally disappointed with the ending, and I struggled to watch any episode in season 2... I really hope season 3 can keep its momentum and finish strong.
    Last edited by Nanners; 02-07-2019 at 10:45 AM.

It does seem like pizzalotto designed the crooked spiral based on the FBI symbol, but season 1 of True Detective came out 2 years before pizzagate was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    It does seem like pizzalotto designed the crooked spiral based on the FBI symbol, but season 1 of True Detective came out 2 years before pizzagate was a thing.

True, but not before that FBI document was turned public. And a guy like Pizzalatto is almost certainly researching enough to have found it before pizzagate became a thing. And based on his writing, pizzagate has got to be right up his alley. On top of that, pizza is right in his name!

It's been a great season of television. The shootout was extremely well done. And it was a moment of action that the show was due for. As a criticism, I'd say some of the elements of the plot they've hidden for the sake of the mystery are starting to wear thin. They're approaching resolution over three different timelines, so they're really having to overdue it keeping things in the dark. But I can't really take issue with it for at least one more episode here. They unravel a good bit in that last episode. At least concluded the 80 investigation.

My guess is that the mother was in with the Hoyt guy, and the AG is involved in the cover up. They're all guilty to some degree. But much like season one, I think they might find the specific killer, but never really uncover the grander scheme behind it.

One thing I wonder about that I haven't seen much on, involving Amelia, who I know is a popular theory as the killer, is how much tension in their relationship stems from him continuing to investigate a case that she's already "solved" in a all time critically acclaimed non-fiction book.
    there's almost certainly going to be a cover up even if the abductor is caught.

i had to google the amelia theory, a lot of things are starting to tick or come together, like clues. when she said "you forgot something in the forest" or the other intimate details she knew about the case

The last episode (6) was great. It was the tipping point the show needed for the pacing to work out.

I still feel this season's conspiracy runs a little more straightforward than the first season's Tuttle family. But I kind of like that. And I still feel we're going to get more conclusion as a viewer than the investigators get as characters. The Pink Room alone was a ton of closure on the grander conspiracy for me. I doubt Tom makes it out. And I think it's possible Wayne and Roland ever learn about it. They probably decided the security guy ex cop was the guy in 90. They may decide in the 2015 line it was the milky eyed black guy. But much like season one, I'm not sure they get all the way to Hoyt. They may believe it, but I don't think they'll get there. I think that's kind of the theme of the series.

I wonder if the real fatality of Wayne and Amelia's marriage is that he "settles" the case with the Security Cop, and she's never able to reveal it because it would incriminate Roland and Him, and she is stuck the rest of her life "knowing" the answer to a question she's dedicated her life to, but has to pretend she doesn't know.