Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: True Detective Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    they kinda did though. hays' son is about to throw that piece of paper out, the one that had julie's address on it, but he does a double take, puts it in his pocket. i assume it means he's gonna give it to that reporter and she'll dig further.

we know she suspects that a) there was a larger conspiracy involved b) the events of the purcell case was linked or at least had similarities to the season 1 case.

honestly, would be a massive letdown if in the end they spent 35 years investigating and the great mystery is that a bootleg miss havisham just wanted a playmate. weak ending after a great season.

I think the problem is that the ending we got makes too much sense. Like I said, the only way I could see a connection at this point is that if Hoyt admitted to trying to purchase a kid through the cult earlier. Or maybe if he said they were taught the brainwashing technique with the lithium through the cult. Something weird would have to come up to tie them.

I guess you could have Henry track down the girl and have her tell him about her experiences after escaping the Pink Room, and use that time to tie to the cult.

All of those though just feel like week tie ins just to make it work.

In a lot of ways it almost felt like they were poking fun at the idea of people seeing things that aren't there. Eliza was sort of mocked toward the end when she brought up the idea of a big conspiracy. Old Wayne sort mocks the entire online true crime culture.

And when it ends, Roland even outright says that they got and ending, even if it wasn't very satisfying.

currently going through it, damn good stuff...

Utterly pointless season.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

So can anyone tell me what happened to his wife??

I thought this season was a disappointment towards the end.