Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Re: Insidehoops Basketball Skills Vid Archive - show insidehoops what u got!

Wow and the 100 shots challenge thread got purged in Jeffs big thread purge holy smokes I got these vids in here just in time

It's just too bad I can't edit the OP to keep adding vids so people don't have to scroll or rifle through pages to find new vids as they get made but oh well

Default Re: Insidehoops Basketball Skills Vid Archive - show insidehoops what u got!

So even if you don't want to add to the footage archive how many of you posters play? / or if retired from playing how far did you take playing?

I never played until I was in my early 20's. So best I've done is rec basketball. Only in the past year or so after I started practicing as often as possible did I really start to make what I consider a solid contribution to the team in half-court sets - as a cutter. Working on all facets of my game not just that but that's just where my niche is right now.

Surely on a basketball forum quite a few of you actually played basketball with some seriousness I would imagine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb9wai61y9Y

This last session is now over so I put up a few more clips in the mix

Anyone who saw my old vids from years ago should recognize I got better - but obviously still a ways to go. There's only one made jumper there but my camera didn't work a game I made 3 jump shots. I usually just don't look for opportunities to take jump shots all my movement is usually towards the hoop but that's for the better until I iron out catching and shooting. I feel like off the dribble I'm accurate with my shot but I rarely handle the ball as I'm still not an effective dribbler under pressure (we've got a guy who's pretty much our ball handler 80% of possessions) so that hasn't come together as a tool I use in games yet and I don't suspect it will any time soon.

My objectives this year are to really practice ball handling even if I won't be handling much during games but also shooting off the catch and that's a skill I think I will be able to help the team with more if I can get it down. I don't know why, but my touch just isn't great off the catch I've got two teammates who never practice and they're currently better at it than I am and I've practiced it for the past year or more. Especially at 3 point range I feel like my legs don't sync well with my upper half on 3 point jump shots from a stand still. I practiced mid range the entire past year this year I will practice from 3 range to try to work that out.

Anyways ISH's criticisms from years ago helped me work on the first part of my game that has come together which was taking advantage of my potential first step and quickness - in the form of cuts to the hoop. Next phase is to be a better shooter - tips are welcome.

Currently I try to do drills like 10 made baseline jumpers on each side from a stand still, then on the elbows a 1-dribble to the right 10 makes, then switch sides and do it going left, then free throws. All of this is mid range. I don't have a system down to get better at catching and shooting or 3 point shooting at the moment but I'm open to ideas - I can't depend on other people to practice so if there's a good solo drill to simulate or improve catch and shoot I'd def like to hear that

Very good NBA starter

Looking good bro, looks like fun.

Suggestion for you is to experiment with a lower center of gravity. Like practice getting down in frog position and dribbling. You seem to run a bit too stiff and upright, like running in soccer or something. It's easier to make quick changes of direction of a lower stance.

Can't really tell anything about your shot, since you seem to drive mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Looking good bro, looks like fun.

Suggestion for you is to experiment with a lower center of gravity. Like practice getting down in frog position and dribbling. You seem to run a bit too stiff and upright, like running in soccer or something. It's easier to make quick changes of direction of a lower stance.

Can't really tell anything about your shot, since you seem to drive mostly.
    Very good tip about the COG thank you this is the kind of stuff I don’t even think about unless someone points it out

I will try to get a vid up of my shooting practice routine and maybe then someone can break down what needs retooled on my outside shot
    Last edited by hiphopanonymous; 02-02-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Update: https://youtu.be/zhonVUThcr4

I still drive mostly, it's the tools I started with so it's still the staple I'm building around. But I worked hard on jump shooting, handling in transition, drives and free throws this summer. I still like to err on no more than 3 dribbles before I shoot or pass. After editing these recent games my post-game also looks wretched to my eyes but I never used to even attempt shots with my back to the basket until this summer, but since my layup drills had my touch dialed in around the hoop the opportunities now show up organically and the little jump hook shots went in dependably so I don't mind how ugly it looks for now. I may work on footwork in the post down the road to expand on it or sharpen it up. We've got a 6-6 245 guy for most of that work though. Usually I just cut, its a quick post at most if my back is to the basket.

My team's primary ball handler hates picks while he has the ball, he wants us to always pick or run off of picks off the ball so I have zero plays as a roll man nor do I get picks set for me when handling. I have the timing for it, I love it in pickup games but it's just not going to happen on my current team.

Anyways y'all feel free to pick apart quirks you see or areas in dire need of attention, as I mentioned before I've progressed and practiced certain things thanks to critiques I've gotten here before over the years. If I get no feedback my next few weeks will be spent doing skill building drills to improve passing and shooting the ball off the dribble without gathering, and ball handling under defensive pressure

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous
    Update: https://youtu.be/zhonVUThcr4

I still drive mostly, it's the tools I started with so it's still the staple I'm building around. But I worked hard on jump shooting, handling in transition, drives and free throws this summer. I still like to err on no more than 3 dribbles before I shoot or pass. After editing these recent games my post-game also looks wretched to my eyes but I never used to even attempt shots with my back to the basket until this summer, but since my layup drills had my touch dialed in around the hoop the opportunities now show up organically and the little jump hook shots went in dependably so I don't mind how ugly it looks for now. I may work on footwork in the post down the road to expand on it or sharpen it up. We've got a 6-6 245 guy for most of that work though. Usually I just cut, its a quick post at most if my back is to the basket.

My team's primary ball handler hates picks while he has the ball, he wants us to always pick or run off of picks off the ball so I have zero plays as a roll man nor do I get picks set for me when handling. I have the timing for it, I love it in pickup games but it's just not going to happen on my current team.

Anyways y'all feel free to pick apart quirks you see or areas in dire need of attention, as I mentioned before I've progressed and practiced certain things thanks to critiques I've gotten here before over the years. If I get no feedback my next few weeks will be spent doing skill building drills to improve passing and shooting the ball off the dribble without gathering, and ball handling under defensive pressure
    you straight ballin , man. keep it goin

So even if you don't want to add to the footage archive how many of you posters play? / or if retired from playing how far did you take playing?

I never played until I was in my early 20's. So best I've done is rec basketball. Only in the past year or so after I started practicing as often as possible did I really start to make what I consider a solid contribution to the team in half-court sets - as a cutter. Working on all facets of my game not just that but that's just where my niche is right now.

Surely on a basketball forum quite a few of you actually played basketball with some seriousness I would imagine?
    i play pickup bball all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    i play pickup bball all the time.
    I just recently found your thread in the streetball forum - awesome read, I subbed it

I just recently found your thread in the streetball forum - awesome read, I subbed it
    oh, no way. you read that?

thanks for the sub. im just logging my misadventures

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

3ball dominating in flip flops.

Loooool.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    3ball dominating in flip flops.

Loooool.
    3ball looks like a big dude who

NBA Superstar

Wow and the 100 shots challenge thread got purged in Jeffs big thread purge holy smokes I got these vids in here just in time

It's just too bad I can't edit the OP to keep adding vids so people don't have to scroll or rifle through pages to find new vids as they get made but oh well
    Thanks for making this post a while ago. Was looking for a link and couldn't find the original thread it was posted in.

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Only video I could find of me shooting around, couple years old

I just uploaded it now to YouTube

https://youtu.be/1Pv14ZPf0a0

You can see I have good handles, fluidity on my J, in shape, etc only reason I wasn't draining 3 after 3 was this shootaround was literally right after a 2hr workout basically and I was already drained

But you can tell I can move around the court and get a shot off whenever ala 05 Kobe Bean

That sucks, it never used to be that way years ago. The whole point of this thread was for me to keep the OP "current" with active vids and delete ones that get deleted - oh well good to know it's been changed, thanks
    OP started this thread Jan. 2019

Join date Dec. 2018

yet says he remembers how the board use to be years ago.

Alt confirmed.