Banned

Default only 10 minutes into this mortal engines movie and i'm cringing hard

this has to be the most outrageous impossible story in the history of motion picture

this is more ludicrous than space jam or any other retarded joke science fiction movie you can think of

4 million pound 20,000 foot long cities on wheels in high speed car chases.. what in the ever loving ****..

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: only 10 minutes into this mortal engines movie and i'm cringing hard

I knew id never make it through that. I was at this womans house who pulled it up on her firestick and I was almost in pain just having it in my peripheral vision.

When shit like that gets 100 million dollar budgets we all need to be writing movies just to see if one gets a shot.

Default Re: only 10 minutes into this mortal engines movie and i'm cringing hard

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I knew id never make it through that. I was at this womans house who pulled it up on her firestick and I was almost in pain just having it in my peripheral vision.

When shit like that gets 100 million dollar budgets we all need to be writing movies just to see if one gets a shot.
    You sat through the whole thing, or was this a woman you eventually cut the movie short by making a move on? I can just see you (well my mental image of what you look like) staring off into space thinking about the orgin of the Care Bears, or hoops

Just watched the trailer...Jesus Christ that's some stupid shit. I like watching bad movies ironically but idk about this one. Can be good if you had friends to rip on it ALA Mystery Science Theater 3000 possibly lol

Rarely go to the movies, but did for the Queen film and then the trailer came up:

"From the director of LOTR[...]" 3 seconds in I was like wtf is that crap, really? Cities fighting like pirate ships on wheels? Nothing against fantastic, unrealistic dystopian stories, but the trailer made it feel like the story is about survival while fighting those cities. What a shit premisse.

btw 4 million pounds or 1,8 million kilogramms is about 6,5% of the mass of the tramways in my city combined and it's smaller than London.
    Last edited by Overdrive; 01-23-2019 at 12:16 PM.

The movie is getting some pretty bad reviews on RT, only 26% fresh rating...

Why on earth would anyone go see a movie thats getting ripped up by film critics?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    The movie is getting some pretty bad reviews on RT, only 26% fresh rating...

Why on earth would anyone go see a movie thats getting ripped up by film critics?
    Some movies are enjoyable even if they don't meet critic's standards.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

And if our movie script isn't chosen we can try suing for some of the profits

Just the concept is idiotic

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    You sat through the whole thing, or was this a woman you eventually cut the movie short by making a move on? I can just see you (well my mental image of what you look like) staring off into space thinking about the orgin of the Care Bears, or hoops

I was hanging out with some kids ignoring the tv. I'll throw a mini football with a 4 year old all day before I watch that shit.