Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Khabib Nurmagomedov the most dominant/invincible fighter of all time?

I was thinking about who is the greatest fighter of all time (Boxing/MMA). Then I thought, why not Khabib?

He's undefeated, but that's not the point. It's how he does it. He dominated his opponents. It's really hard to see him losing against anyone around his weight class. And it's not because of lack of all time great talent, like maybe we can say about Klitschko.

When other dominant fighters fight (Ali, Mayweather, Jon Jones, etc), they didn't dominate their opponent as much as Khabib does, did not win as convincingly, they have rivals that are perceived to be close to their level. I'm not sure we have anyone we can say is close to Khabib's level.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Is Khabib Nurmagomedov the most dominant/invincible fighter of all time?

The GOAT [COLOR="White"]fucker[/COLOR]

Default Re: Is Khabib Nurmagomedov the most dominant/invincible fighter of all time?

He hasnt really fought anyone impressive yet to get the MDE title.... Mcgregor came back to sell whiskey, Al Laquinta is a real estate agent, Barboza that was a pretty good win. If he can pull out a win against Tony Ferguson or Max Holloway I will say hes the 2nd most dominant ever (Jon Jones) but a couple of fights against average opponents doesnt make you the most dominant ever

I really want to see him fight Askren, there's a lot of hype behind Ben but people are saying he'd MAUL Khabib... Not so sure about that from what I saw from his fight with Santos. Not going to pretend like I know what I'm talking about though, this sport is more so a new interest of mine that I might take up(To practice for self defense, not fight). I don't like the idea of some dick head who knows this shit being able to destroy me
    Last edited by jongib369; 01-25-2019 at 03:02 AM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Khabib doesn't move his head during stand up action, and the man has a huge head. He can get caught and dropped.

Banned

no... i never really heard of khabib till recently

and to say a guy like that is more dominant than a john jones is just retarded. khabib is only a champion due to a weight class system. if it was every man for themselves throughout history in a fight to the death and everyones in their prime

fedor probly takes it

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    no... i never really heard of khabib till recently

and to say a guy like that is more dominant than a john jones is just retarded. khabib is only a champion due to a weight class system. if it was every man for themselves throughout history in a fight to the death and everyones in their prime

fedor probly takes it

Then a lot of good fighters wouldn't be recognized because they're just getting beat by a guy because of his size. More entertaining this way. But it would be cool to see every now and then.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Then a lot of good fighters wouldn't be recognized because they're just getting beat by a guy because of his size. More entertaining this way. But it would be cool to see every now and then.

this is a common mistake made by people. they just assume bigger and stronger means they'll win

https://youtu.be/fqPRqLL64h0

in this match andre the giant faced a japanese wrestler half his size. it turned into a "shoot" where a real fight broke out.. the japanese guy kicked andre in the legs until his legs gave out and he begged the other guy to pin him

bob sapps been made a fool by numerous smaller guys

in the original ufc royce gracie owned a bunch of bigger stronger guys

the fattest sumo guys cant close the distance. you just attack their knees.

the cut off of being a great fighter is about 275

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    this is a common mistake made by people. they just assume bigger and stronger means they'll win

https://youtu.be/fqPRqLL64h0

in this match andre the giant faced a japanese wrestler half his size. it turned into a "shoot" where a real fight broke out.. the japanese guy kicked andre in the legs until his legs gave out and he begged the other guy to pin him

bob sapps been made a fool by numerous smaller guys

in the original ufc royce gracie owned a bunch of bigger stronger guys

the fattest sumo guys cant close the distance. you just attack their knees.

the cut off of being a great fighter is about 275
    Bob Sapp was never an elite fighter, so I'm not talking about guys like him. For instance as good of a grappler Khabib is he'd probably get manhandled by Brock Lesnar. Kurt Angle beat him, but despite the massive difference in skill his sheer size/athleticism made it difficult for Kurt.

It doesn't guarantee they will win, but it gives them a large advantage if they're of similar skill level

Banned

Bob Sapp was never an elite fighter, so I'm not talking about guys like him. For instance as good of a grappler Khabib is he'd probably get manhandled by Brock Lesnar. Kurt Angle beat him, but despite the massive difference in skill his sheer size/athleticism made it difficult for Kurt.

It doesn't guarantee they will win, but it gives them a large advantage if they're of similar skill level

like i said. the cut off is around 275

yes being a huge ass goldberg/brock type helps ... but any bigger than that and you're f*cked

I want to say yes, but he has not yet faced good enough competition to get that claim over any one of Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, GSP, or DJ. Even DC still has a better case for GOAT.

But I do think Khabib will get there. He is the most dominant grappler I have ever seen.

kenneth, why do you pretend to know enough to be in a debate like this? You have admitted you know next to nothing about MMA. And that fact is obvious when you say shit. Why not just let people who actually know the sport do the talking? You look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I want to say yes, but he has not yet faced good enough competition to get that claim over any one of Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, GSP, or DJ. Even DC still has a better case for GOAT.

But I do think Khabib will get there. He is the most dominant grappler I have ever seen.
    What do you think about Askren Vs Khabib?

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Him and Jones are the GOATS.

But only Jones is a juicer.

What do you think about Askren Vs Khabib?
    Askren is not anywhere near as tested. He has looked great... but it's very hard to gauge how dominant he will be in the UFC because he has fought such lower-level opponents.

There is also the issue that Askren has always fought at 170 and Khabib at 155. Khabib's weight cut is notorious though, he'd probably be able to fight at 170 just fine. Even better if the UFC makes the 165 class everyone's chirping about.

My gut tells me Khabib would outclass Askren. He has been doing it at a higher level.