Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: Is Khabib Nurmagomedov the most dominant/invincible fighter of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    That's relevant in art cricicism for sure

But art criticism is 99% bullshit anyway

When you're comparing athletes, more knowledge is always better. People don't pick obscure names to sojnd pretentious, they do it if they actually are. Or if they're right.

i dunno man... kblaze is one of those guys who won't side with anything the mainstream backs ... and he brags about knowing more than anyone

i wouldn't be surprised if his goats for each sport were

boxing = Sam Langford
    football = Lawrence Taylor
    baseball = Josh Gibson
    Basketball = Bill Russell
    Hockey = Eddie Shore

Default Re: Is Khabib Nurmagomedov the most dominant/invincible fighter of all time?

You may be right.

If you are, I would argue that it's because he's pretentious, not because he knows too much.

Remember, while the masses think LeBron is undoubtedly better, the more seasoned hoop heads are the ones who understand Kobe >

Banned

You may be right.

If you are, I would argue that it's because he's pretentious, not because he knows too much.

Remember, while the masses think LeBron is undoubtedly better, the more seasoned hoop heads are the ones who understand Kobe >

actually its the "experts" who shit on kobe and the masses pick kobe over lebron

Banned

extreme knowledge about basketball created analytics ... the most cancerous method of evaluating talent

knowing too much statistical data actually made people believe they could go without watching games.. now you can just read box scores and have an opinion

i rest my case

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    extreme knowledge about basketball created analytics ... the most cancerous method of evaluating talent

knowing too much statistical data actually made people believe they could go without watching games.. now you can just read box scores and have an opinion

i rest my case
    so true.

Analytics guys are not the experts I'm talking about. I'm talking about how former players, coaches, and more knowledgable fans pick kobe whereas younger fans and casuals take bron

He hasnt cleaned out the division the way Jones, GSP and Silva did. He also doesnt finish guys very often.

Great fighter but has more to prove to be the goat.

Banned

Analytics guys are not the experts I'm talking about. I'm talking about how former players, coaches, and more knowledgable fans pick kobe whereas younger fans and casuals take bron

former players/coaches are never know it alls. they know enough like me

when you're too invested you become obsessed and fall into agendas/narratives and wanna distance yourself from the mainstream. then places like realgm are created and keep people like me out of there who don't conform

while in the nba circle you have a free open press without factions... guys don't truly care if a players feelings are hurt. you have truth tellers like charles barkley whos accurate WAAAAAY more often than a guy like nick wright is

even though nick wright is "an expert" and knows more "facts" he still won't give an honest opinion unless it fits his agenda

so knowing too much makes you a geek. and geeks are obsessed lunatics. they go even beyond my obsessiveness. i couldn't even get up on national TV and proclaim kobes GOAT status over MJ. but a guy like nick wright can because they're delusional c*ck suckers. they're "never wrong about anything"

see where i'm going