Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Is Khabib Nurmagomedov the most dominant/invincible fighter of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    kenneth, why do you pretend to know enough to be in a debate like this? You have admitted you know next to nothing about MMA. And that fact is obvious when you say shit. Why not just let people who actually know the sport do the talking? You look like an idiot.

i think it depends on the subject. if this was a debate about something thats controversial then i might leave it to the experts

but its common sense to know that fedor would make khabib pick up his freshly knocked out teeth with his clenched asshole if fedor deemed it necessary and demanded it of him

he could probably pop his eyes out of his skull and feed them to him

so its nonsensical to say khabib is the most dominant fighter

plus i know a lot about shoot fighting in pro wrestling

Default Re: Is Khabib Nurmagomedov the most dominant/invincible fighter of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    i think it depends on the subject. if this was a debate about something thats controversial then i might leave it to the experts

but its common sense to know that fedor would make khabib pick up his freshly knocked out teeth with his clenched asshole if fedor deemed it necessary and demanded it of him

he could probably pop his eyes out of his skull and feed them to him

so its nonsensical to say khabib is the most dominant fighter
    MMA is a sport. Fighters compete at weight classes. This is very basic.

Your schoolyard level reasoning would hold more weight if fighters themselves thought this way. But they don't. Anderson Silva called GSP the GOAT. GSP called DJ the GOAT. The most dominant fighters are the ones who most dominate their weight classes.

By your logic Shaq would rank higher than BJ Penn, since he could probably kill him in under 30 seconds in a NHB fight. That isn't how this works.

What you're talking about is a totally separate question. That's like... who is the most actually dangerous unarmed human. Then MMA and boxing are suddenly not good indicators, and the GOATs will be martial arts masters who train not to fight, but to strike throats and gouge eyes and crush testicles and kill.

Banned

MMA is a sport. Fighters compete at weight classes. This is very basic.

Your schoolyard level reasoning would hold more weight if fighters themselves thought this way. But they don't. Anderson Silva called GSP the GOAT. GSP called DJ the GOAT. The most dominant fighters are the ones who most dominate their weight classes.

By your logic Shaq would rank higher than BJ Penn, since he could probably kill him in under 30 seconds in a NHB fight. That isn't how this works.

What you're talking about is a totally separate question. That's like... who is the most actually dangerous unarmed human. Then MMA and boxing are suddenly not good indicators, and the GOATs will be martial arts masters who train not to fight, but to strike throats and gouge eyes and crush testicles and kill.

if this is about being the most dominant/invincible MMA divisional pound for pound fighter in their specific weight class then its different

but the title says "dominant/invisible fighter" period... that goes well beyond weight classes/competition in the UFC

if we're just talking about using your body then its gotta be fedor

if weapons are involved then its a completely different discussion.

if this is about being the most dominant/invincible MMA divisional pound for pound fighter in their specific weight class then its different

but the title says "dominant/invisible fighter" period... that goes well beyond weight classes/competition in the UFC

if we're just talking about using your body then its gotta be fedor

if weapons are involved then its a completely different discussion.
    Even if you were strictly talking MMA heavyeights, it wouldn't be Fedor. His legend was boosted like crazy fighting no namers. His best competition during his prime was Mirko Cro Cop, a guy whose career hit a brick wall when he came over to the UFC, and Noguiera (who I won't be surprised if you've never even heard of). He didn't finish either one of them.

He never fought Couture, and was way over the hill by the time the heavyweight division hit its golden age after Brock Lesnar.

I won't say without a doubt that Fedor would lose to prime Cain, JDS, Stipe... or even Brock. But he probably would.

Banned

with hand to hand combat weapons included .. these are other possible candidates

Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi, also known as Shinmen Takezō, Miyamoto Bennosuke or, by his Buddhist name, Niten Dōraku, was a Japanese swordsman, philosopher, writer and rōnin. Musashi, as he was often simply known, became renowned through stories of his unique double-bladed swordsmanship and undefeated record in his 61 duels.

Sir William Marshal

The Englishman Sir William Marshal (c. 1146-1219 CE, aka William the Marshal), Earl of Pembroke, is one of the most celebrated knights of the Middle Ages. Renowned for his fighting skills, he remained undefeated in tournaments, spared the life of Richard I, King of England

Banned

Even if you were strictly talking MMA heavyeights, it wouldn't be Fedor. His legend was boosted like crazy fighting no namers. His best competition during his prime was Mirko Cro Cop, a guy whose career hit a brick wall when he came over to the UFC, and Noguiera (who I won't be surprised if you've never even heard of). He didn't finish either one of them.

He never fought Couture, and was way over the hill by the time the heavyweight division hit its golden age after Brock Lesnar.

I won't say without a doubt that Fedor would lose to prime Cain, JDS, Stipe... or even Brock. But he probably would.

i'm just going based on majority opinion

its obviously debatable when fedor never faced certain guys

but i'm a strong believer in democracy as i've driven into kblazes thick skull many times over

fedor is the goat mma fighter by the jordan/ali/ruth/gretzky rule of law

i'm just going based on majority opinion

its obviously debatable when fedor never faced certain guys

but i'm a strong believer in democracy as i've driven into kblazes thick skull many times over

fedor is the goat mma fighter by the jordan/ali/ruth/gretzky rule of law
    I like democracy, but not total democracy on topics like this.

It's gotta be annopen vote, but only among people who have at least some idea of what they say.

Like if all the current+retired NBA players alive today were polled, and it came out they all thought Kobe was actually the GOAT, I would accept it. A fan vote is useless.

If we could somehow poll everyone with a pro fight contract, I would accept their choice of GOAT.

It ain't Fedor though. This ain't the Brady argument either, where he has no problem with Brady as a choice, but just has a problem with the "it's this guy and that's it" outlook. It could be a number of different guys - it definitely isn't Fedor.

If you really wanna go the democracy route, I'm pretty sure Anderson Silva would get the GOAT title.

Banned

I like democracy, but not total democracy on topics like this.

It's gotta be annopen vote, but only among people who have at least some idea of what they say.

Like if all the current+retired NBA players alive today were polled, and it came out they all thought Kobe was actually the GOAT, I would accept it. A fan vote is useless.

If we could somehow poll everyone with a pro fight contract, I would accept their choice of GOAT.

It ain't Fedor though. This ain't the Brady argument either, where he has no problem with Brady as a choice, but just has a problem with the "it's this guy and that's it" outlook. It could be a number of different guys - it definitely isn't Fedor.

If you really wanna go the democracy route, I'm pretty sure Anderson Silva would get the GOAT title.

personally i think jones is better than fedor ... but jones cheated so i can't take him seriously

i've watched more ufc/mma than you think i've watched. i just only pay attention to the hyped guys

i knew little about khabib prior to the conor fight because he wasn't very hyped among the mainstream

i have people over for every ufc ppv and we watch most of it. i've probly seen thousands of fights ... i'm mostly drunk a lot of the time though

i've watched more ufc/mma than you think i've watched. i just only pay attention to the hyped guys
    The only reason I doubt this is that in the Jones-Gustafsson thread you said Jon Jones was basically a 205 lb McGregor who doesn't really like grappling. It's pretty well-known that Jon Jones is one of the elite wrestlers in the entire sport. His wrestling is literally his greatest strength. DC was an olympic silver medal winner and Jones outwrestled him... decisicely.

On that note, I personally still think Jon Jones is the GOAT. I have a lot of reasonable doubt because of the doping, but what I've seen him do in his career has been unreal.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Being alive means your opinion is valid on all subjects with or without knowledge of them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Being alive means your opinion is valid on all subjects with or without knowledge of them.
    this ^

valid for one vote. regardless of knowledge

why you ask... because in the end people tend to be sheep and follow the largest pack

so the easly led individuals who cant think for themselves side with the most logical decision most of the time

its nearly impossible for unprepaired individuals to just randomly throw a name out there.

in the end its actually more common to have an idiotic pick for goat when you have too much knowledge and you wanna go against the grain and distance yourself from "the idiots" like kblaze

Now you actually just made a case for less knowledge on a subject meaning your opinion is more valid. Carry on, soldier.

Banned

heres an example...

dumb people with little or no knowledge will tell you watermelon is the best tasting fruit..

why.. because its common knowledge and you go with the grain

but when youre a know it all hipster like kblaze they wanna go against the grain and say something stupid like "pink skin dragon fruit is the best"

even though its tasteless garbage

Banned

Now you actually just made a case for less knowledge on a subject meaning your opinion is more valid. Carry on, soldier.

i think more knowledge is better. but at a certain point your judgement gets clouded when you have too much knowledge. because you get full of yourself and need to pick an obscure selection to sound as smart as you think you are

its called foot in mouth syndrome... kblaze personifies it

That's relevant in art cricicism for sure

But art criticism is 99% bullshit anyway

When you're comparing athletes, more knowledge is always better. People don't pick obscure names to sojnd pretentious, they do it if they actually are. Or if they're right.