Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2835363738

Default Re: The Tennis Discussion Thread

Djokovic really does use the 1st set as practice doesn't he? fully expect him to come back and win this even though he is a set and a break down. Even if he goes down 0-2... he knows what is ahead of him. He is ready to leave it all out there.

Djokovic was tight as a drum today.

Just didnt have it.

Med honestly did not need to do anything special.

Only watched a little of it but watching the replay from middle of set 2 on right now. Med is getting almost everything back, Novak looks tired. Shouldn't have f'ed around in every 1st set this entire tourney. And against obvious inferior players, not just Zverev. Med just serving like a boss and Djo as the goat returner having serious problems. No break for him yet while Med has broken him 4 times. I know he breaks him later but it hardly mattered, maybe put some Fedal fans at unease Med most def had an easier path to the finals, but I don't see Tsitsipas beating him anywhere except on clay so I don't think that upset mattered.

Maybe 21st is cursed... who knows.

Djokovic got absolutely whooped today, reminded me of when Sampras got destroyed b2b finals by Safin & Hewitt. While he was far from dominant in this tourney, I fully expected Djokovic to seal the deal today, complete the grand slam, and solidify himself as the GOAT. After today though, the GOAT conversation is still alive, at least for now. Djokovic will still be the obv favorite to end up with the all time lead, and I fully expect him to win another handful of slams. But depending on his recovery, it's not inconceivable that Nadal could retake the lead 8 months from now following the French Open. You think back to all the razor thin matches these 3 played against each other, it's crazy a literal handful of points could determine who ends up regarded as the GOAT.

Djokovic was very dominant this tournament.

Even lost set included, he handily dispatched Nishikori and Berrettini.

Brooksby first was a bit if a giveaway but Brooksby is a dog.

Saw a basketball once

Naomi