Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 374445464748495057 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Default Re: The Tennis Discussion Thread

USO should prob be the last event novax will be excluded from (well, at least slam-wise). In actuality, it didn't cost him his goathood. I'm sure he did lose a lot of support (gained plenty from the anti-vax crowd though, that don't even know what tennis is) so it makes up for it. Let's see if Nadal can get to 23, but I don't count my chickens before they hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post

C'mon bro this is hilarious.

Yea Rafa has more losses if we count matches that were never played!

Lol
    I didn't see this reply. If you withdraw from a match you're giving someone else a chance into the next round. It's safe to presume that all withdrawals would have been losses for the withdrawing player so it's not insane to count them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    I didn't see this reply. If you withdraw from a match you're giving someone else a chance into the next round. It's safe to presume that all withdrawals would have been losses for the withdrawing player so it's not insane to count them as such.
    It's absolutely insane and that is wh no one counts them as losses.

Why would it be safe to presume that all withdrawals would have been losses for the withdrawing player?

Are you saying in the instance they would have limped on court, barely winning a point?

You're literally inventing results.

You are something else sometimes.

It's absolutely insane and that is wh no one counts them as losses.

Why would it be safe to presume that all withdrawals would have been losses for the withdrawing player?

Are you saying in the instance they would have limped on court, barely winning a point?

You're literally inventing results.

You are something else sometimes.
    Dude... if a player withdraws it's because they don't think they can win the match in their state of health or that the risk of aggravating an injury is too high. I think it's relevant to point out that Rafa has a higher win % than Novak because he withdrew from more matches.

I know she's played a couple of mugs (ok maybe the 2nd seed isn't... but she's sucked this year) but how crazy would it be for Serena to win this?

Dude... if a player withdraws it's because they don't think they can win the match in their state of health or that the risk of aggravating an injury is too high. I think it's relevant to point out that Rafa has a higher win % than Novak because he withdrew from more matches.
    It's not.

It doesn't prove anything.

Thats the point of players withdrawing. They're in no state to compete.

It's not.

It doesn't prove anything.

Thats the point of players withdrawing. They're in no state to compete.
    Right... and if one player is in no state to complete more often than another player that should be taken into account when ranking them.

Right... and if one player is in no state to complete more often than another player that should be taken into account when ranking them.
    in what way? You were talking about Djokovic's WR% being better if accounting for withdrawals (lol). Shit just makes no sense.

in what way? You were talking about Djokovic's WR% being better if accounting for withdrawals (lol). Shit just makes no sense.
    It seem relevant to point out that if both Novak and Rafa simply never withdrew and lost those matches instead, Novak would have the better WR%.

It seem relevant to point out that if both Novak and Rafa simply never withdrew and lost those matches instead, Novak would have the better WR%.
    Nadal is embarrassing with attempting to freeze opponents out.

Anyway, once again beaten, and can't capitalise on an easy draw and having Djokovic out. Baffling to me how anyone can look at both players and conclude Nadal is better lol.

plowking appears

I've never heard this suggestion anywhere. Cool, when Nadal was in an unfit condition to play, he would have lost, meaning Djokovic wins more.

Want a cookie for that? Seems to not be anything worth talking about.

You are arbitrarily raising Nadal's condition to a level where he could still play but also not be good hence lose, just doesn't make any sense.

plowking appears

I just saw your dumbass was still here arguing stupid points like .1% better winning percentage when he skips so much of his lesser favoured surfaces.

Imagine calling someone a better player despite them having a losing record against that player despite the stats being skewed to play on your more preferred surface as well.

The only redeeming argument Nadal has in this debate is more titles... but it didn't matter when it was 12 titles vs 19 or 20, let alone now. Djokovic is a more complete, and well rounded player, as well as more consistent. Not to mention, holds far more records in his favour. End of.

This might be Alcaraz's breakthrough slam. Kyrigos is in career-best form. Never seen Nick this good!

Quote Originally Posted by plowking View Post
    I just saw your dumbass was still here arguing stupid points like .1% better winning percentage when he skips so much of his lesser favoured surfaces.

Imagine calling someone a better player despite them having a losing record against that player despite the stats being skewed to play on your more preferred surface as well.

The only redeeming argument Nadal has in this debate is more titles... but it didn't matter when it was 12 titles vs 19 or 20, let alone now. Djokovic is a more complete, and well rounded player, as well as more consistent. Not to mention, holds far more records in his favour. End of.
    irony